TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mr. Shelby's Signature...

This is my wife's dash plaque --

Looks like a really bad Sharpie was used or Mr. Shelby is losing his touch. But he is 87 after all...

Keith

dash plaque.jpg

dash plaque.jpg

this looks similar to mine, but I got mine three years ago..... I think his sharpie was near the end of it's life when he signed mine..... that said, I'm very happy to have it and got it clear coated so I'd never have to worry about it...

The signature is fine... the lack of ink in the sharpie is the problem. I just got mine back a few months ago (April) and it looks good. Wonder why with some of his signatures he puts two vertical lines through the horizontal “swish”... and some only one??? I would definitely say something. Charity notwithstanding- you should expect something a little better for $400.00... After all, how much does a pen cost? Here's a pic of mine:

post-25950-127643991608_thumb.jpg

post-25950-127643991608_thumb.jpg

It's hard to tell from your pic if the ink was running low on the pen or not. The sharpie used does seem a little used and that made the signature lines fatter. It's the job of Mr. Shelby assistant to keep an eye on that sort of thing. If the ink is nice and black, I would probably just leave it a lone and seal it and not look back. There will be a time when we can't get signatures. Mine was signed with a fat sharpie too and it's not perfectly centered, but it does not bother me at all. Can you post another pic of yours and not have the camera so close when you take the shot. I would look a better look at it.

Here's mine:

DashPlaqueSealer013.jpg

DashPlaqueSealer018.jpg

DashPlaqueSealer020.jpg

DashPlaqueSealer021.jpg

Yup, mine is kind of light, maybe not a light as yours, and someone smeared it just slightly in the Shelby part probably with their finger. I never installed mine since I had the 40th package done and it came with a different plaque. The signature on my airbag cover, however, is perfect.

This is my wife's dash plaque --

Looks like a really bad Sharpie was used or Mr. Shelby is losing his touch. But he is 87 after all...

Keith

That looks terrible. I'd definitely call and ask why no one verifies the quality of the product before it goes out. If I'm dropping that kind of coin on a signature it better be good. Shoot use a new sharpie for every plate... I don't care so long as a quality product goes out and the customer feels like he got his money worth. 87 or not it's my hard earned money going out.

Wonder why with some of his signatures he puts two vertical lines through the horizontal “swish”... and some only one???

It probably depends on which assistant signed it. :unsure:

At this point, a Shelby without his signature is probably more rare that those with!

• 4 weeks later...

Mr. Shelby has severe macular degeneration. He only sees out of the sides if his eyes. They say it is so advanced now that when he signs things they put out there hands and he trys to sign in the middle of them :(

Sorry to read this .........Did not know but probably explains why he signed

mine very small and centered over the VIN#??????

Just happy to have his hand signature on my car...........

How long does it take to get the dash plaque? Ordered mine back in May. cry.gif

Got my passenger airbag cover ordered from Ford and back from Shelby in less than 30 days! superhero.gif

Sorry to read this .........Did not know but probably explains why he signed

mine very small and centered over the VIN#??????

Just happy to have his hand signature on my car...........

I'm very pleased with the size and quality of Mr. Shelby's signature. I left the location up to him and he nailed it!happy%20feet.gif

87900001.jpg

Shelby-AirBagCover.jpg

It's hard to tell from your pic if the ink was running low on the pen or not. The sharpie used does seem a little used and that made the signature lines fatter. It's the job of Mr. Shelby assistant to keep an eye on that sort of thing. If the ink is nice and black, I would probably just leave it a lone and seal it and not look back. There will be a time when we can't get signatures. Mine was signed with a fat sharpie too and it's not perfectly centered, but it does not bother me at all. Can you post another pic of yours and not have the camera so close when you take the shot. I would look a better look at it.

Here's mine:

DashPlaqueSealer013.jpg

DashPlaqueSealer018.jpg

DashPlaqueSealer020.jpg

DashPlaqueSealer021.jpg

Grabber....I've been teasing on the TS site now for a little bit that you may have beat me out on getting your plaque. I looked through my PILE of docs. today, and found my s/o paperwork...ordered plaque April, 24 2007. I paid $317.00 with taxes.

As for the ledgibilty and quality of the sig. , mine had a brand new Sharpie (it was early on, back then) and is perfect in every way. Great ledgibility, and centered perfectly. In fact, I have been teased by 'non Ford' buddies, that the autograph is a print!!!? Not to mention they tease me that I have had the serial memorized since the first day I was told what it would be!! Lol . :)

Bikeboy

• 5 weeks later...

Archived