TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is 2011 the end?

idareu

Someone said that Shelby will be done with mustangs in 2011 does that mean the 2011 model year is it? or will we see a 2012 Shelby?

A few years ago Amy told us they had a contract with Ford through 2010. Perhaps someone can tell us if that was extended?

nope, it doesn't end in 2011....GT350s will be available as well in other color combinations from whats been said.

Bottom line is there is MUCH speculation, but anything can happen in these multi corporate deals, so my plan even with knowing many insiders in both companies, buy the GT350, because I want it....buy a Terlingua, because I want one...and then wait for all the models to run their course and the whole thing to dry up, then re-evaluate which I think is the best of the bunch and make adjustments to buy the one that shakes out to be that if I dont already own it. There is plenty of time and pkenty of inventory out there...no need to have it the second it comes out.

nope, it doesn't end in 2011....GT350s will be available as well in other color combinations from whats been said.

I think the poster is talking about the Factory Ford Shelby GT500 built at AAI.

I think the poster is talking about the Factory Ford Shelby GT500 built at AAI.

Exactly, Rob. The GT350 is a post title vehicle, just like a Steeda, etc. The GT500 was all factory Ford.

You guys don't think Shelby is going to keep going?

wow

They are making a killing!

There will be Shelby Mustangs for a long long time, even after Carrol has gone horizontal

I totally agree. If anything, Mr. Shelby is all about profit margines for his company.

I totally agree. If anything, Mr. Shelby is all about profit margines for his company.

What a dis! What company isn't about profit "margines"? Shelby is a business, not a hobby.

For me, I am glad that I can buy Shelby and I hope to have that option for some time to come.

Without Shelby, what would everyone piss and moan about?

What a dis! What company isn't about profit "margines"? Shelby is a business, not a hobby.

For me, I am glad that I can buy Shelby and I hope to have that option for some time to come.

Without Shelby, what would everyone piss and moan about?

I had a 2.2 non-turbo Shelby Charger, no A/C to make it a true performance car lol. I kind of lost faith in the Shelby name after that fine automobile..

I'm honestly glad Ford decided to do the GT500, granted the anemic 300hp GTs made it almost a must have if you wanted to beat a civic at a stoplight drag. I hope Ford and Shelby is making a ton of cash on these and makes them for the next 20 years - if gas isnt 100.00 a gallon by then :)

I do believe the contract is actually 6 years, thus making the 2012 possibly the last GT500. I think the original contract was also 6 years back in the 60-70's but there was some fall out during the last year or two. Who knows what will happen...if you want a shelby buy it now instead of waiting, the price of admission is certainly worth it!

On a side note, a company making products and using a brand to make money? Oh no what has the world come to. Blasphemy. :rolleyes:

Do we even REALLY own a Shelby now?

We have 6 letters on our trunk lid that cost $12 apiece - AND THAT'S IT!

The car does not have a Shelby VIN, and it's never seen the Shelby factory.

If I were Ford I'd replace the 6 letters with 5 letters that say COBRA and let the Shelby designation be exclusive to the Super Snake packages.

If I were Ford I'd replace the 6 letters with 5 letters that say COBRA and let the Shelby designation be exclusive to the Super Snake packages.

I've said the same thing about the Shelby and I like the COBRA designation. COBRA just sounds cooler anyway.

I've said the same thing about the Shelby and I like the COBRA designation. COBRA just sounds cooler anyway.

In a way I feel like I have a fake Shelby. What really is the Shelby influence on this car that makes it different than a pure Cobra? Seems to me Ford could save a lot of money by going this route. I'm even :headscratch: as to why Shelby isn't paying Ford, and then letting Shelby cash in on accessories.

Well, I didnt intend confusion by my post, as it wasnt the 350 I was referring to, just my plans for purchasing those cars and another GT500 down the line...my point was merely to wait until we do hear "this will be the end run of the partnership announced, and THEN make a purchase based on what I think is the best GT500 platform. Just because the contract has a certain term, doesnt mean they will build through it, and if its still selling well, doesnt mean they will end it. As long as the cars sell, they will keep building. McGuirk is right, why the ridicule for a business to make money? Why does Shelby have to appear to build these cars solely out of passion and enjoyment? Mr. Shelby didnt become wealthy building the early cars, everyone that bought one has made way more off them then he ever did...why is it a problem that he make money off of his own name and reputation? Really pisses me off really....he does have a charity, and guess what, we are not it! :jackinbox:

Personally, I hope he makes enough money to set up his family for generations, and the SA business to keep running the rest of my life! As long as I get what I pay for, I really dont care if there is a generous profit involved. At least THIS company listens to what we asks for and more times than not, gives it to us.

We also have Shelby on our Consoles, the "GT 500" Designation, and the "Shelby" Cobra logo. I believe Shelby was involved in the design of the front fascia, hood, and spoiler as well.

Does it matter who is making it? It's not like Shelby himself wrenched on any of the cars his company produced or SVT produced. His name alone stands for something much like the name Saleen stands for something.

Not ture. the Gt500 do have Shelby vins "S"

We also have Shelby on our Consoles, the "GT 500" Designation, and the "Shelby" Cobra logo. I believe Shelby was involved in the design of the front fascia, hood, and spoiler as well.

Does it matter who is making it? It's not like Shelby himself wrenched on any of the cars his company produced or SVT produced. His name alone stands for something much like the name Saleen stands for something.

I think if the Shelby company wrenched the vehicle it should have his name, like the Super Snake or GT 350. If the Shelby company didn't wrench it I don't think his name should be on it. Sometimes I think Ford is able to make a few extra grand per vehicle simply because his name is on it.

Not ture. the Gt500 do have Shelby vins "S"

I know when I went to insure my GT500 it asked for my VIN and I figured I was screwed. When I gave it, it came back as a *MUSTANG*, not a Shelby and the ins. cost was the same as any ole' regular V-8 Mustang.

Phill

I think what hes saying is that the GT500 has its OWN VIN from Ford. 10s and up are P8J for coupes. So you can tell its a SHELBY from that. Also the engine code in the VIN is only for the GT500. Not another Mustang with a 5.4 from the factory.

I dont know if the debate will ever end about the GT500 not being built in Vegas and if its a REAL Shelby! 69-70s werent built at CA, but I consider them to be REAL Shelbys!!

MM

I know when I went to insure my GT500 it asked for my VIN and I figured I was screwed. When I gave it, it came back as a *MUSTANG*, not a Shelby and the ins. cost was the same as any ole' regular V-8 Mustang.

Phill

My experience was the opposite. The vehicle model on my registration says "ST-16" on my 2007 Mustang GT it said "GT". I really don't know what ST-16 means. The rates were also marginally higher on a Shelby then a V8 mustang, I assume mainly because of the MSRP of the vehicle.

My experience was the opposite. The vehicle model on my registration says "ST-16" on my 2007 Mustang GT it said "GT". I really don't know what ST-16 means. The rates were also marginally higher on a Shelby then a V8 mustang, I assume mainly because of the MSRP of the vehicle.

Mine was with Geico. They have a on-line calcuator you can play with if you want to try it. You'd have to get a VIN from a Mustang GT to get a direct comparison. I know I was surprised (and happy) when it automatically put the "Model" name in as Mustang and not Shelby!

I can't think what ST-16 would stand for either.

Phill

I thought I had read that the Shelby contract runs through 2014. :headscratch:

in one of Amy's posts sometime ago she mentioned the contract being extended for another 6 years.

that was late 2007 or early 2008, so 2014 could be the year. in the mean time drive and enjoy your ride :shift:

guys i do not think our gt 500 are not shelbys because they where built at ford, its a partnership between ford and shelby,back when mr shelby hooked up with mr lee iaccoa and turned the mustang into a shelby was it not a ford that was convereted into a race car so whats the difference , i do not see shelbys name on any other manufactures cars right now ( GM ) ( CHRYSLER) ???? shelby did not build the GT ,or GT350 ford built them and shelby modified them still a ford screw the vin my car says SHELBY IMO IT IS A SHELBY get a grip boys its a car

We have these too!!

DSC09795.JPG

I think if the Shelby company wrenched the vehicle it should have his name, like the Super Snake or GT 350. If the Shelby company didn't wrench it I don't think his name should be on it. Sometimes I think Ford is able to make a few extra grand per vehicle simply because his name is on it.

And what the hell is wrong with that??? It's called Capitalism and is a very healthy thing!!!!! :rant2:

Archived