TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another lowered GT500

ITLMOVE

Looks real good!

Sits just right!

University of Washington is a client of mine - on a future trip from BC down to Seattle, I should bring down the 2011 and hook up for coffee one evening with some of you guys!

-Todd

Member GVMA (Greater Vancouver Mustang Association)

I had the full FRPP suspension kit installed, along with Steeda upper and lower control arms and adjustable panhard bar. The tires stay glued to the road when I get on the throttle now. :shift:

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

Looks great !! Whats the part number ? Did you get it directly from FRPP ?

Quick question, if all I can afford are the FRPP springs would I get the same look? Can't swing the price for the whole kit, but wondered if anyone has just installed the springs only? And are they happy with the results.

FRPP says the springs will lower 1.25"

Also how are you lowered guys getting your car off the ground. ie. for oil changes

Todd

Nice!

I'll bet that picture was taken today......1st day of sunshine we have had in months. :happy feet:

I like your plate.

You'd win that bet. I can't believe it's taken til mid June to get our first 75 degree day of the year.

Looks great !! Whats the part number ? Did you get it directly from FRPP ?

The FRPP kit number is M FR3 MSVT.

The Steeda part numbers are:

555-4105 upper arm

555-4405 lower arms

555-2551 panhard bar

555-2555 panhard bar brace

I didn't do the part ordering, it was an anniversary gift. The project was set up through one of the dealers up here in the PNW.

Quick question, if all I can afford are the FRPP springs would I get the same look? Can't swing the price for the whole kit, but wondered if anyone has just installed the springs only? And are they happy with the results.

Also how are you lowered guys getting your car off the ground. ie. for oil changes

Todd

I've seen several posts from members who have used the FRPP springs and yes, the stance looks the same and they have been happy with the results :rockon:

To eliminate the wheel hop however, you may have to look into lower control arms. For oil changes, a lift or race ramps.

Todd

Yes you get the same look....but you gotta do the panhard bar too so everything is in line. The results look pretty much the same I think. (I did do the Roush anti-wheel hop kit too).

post-25336-127644946113_thumb.jpg

post-25336-127644946113_thumb.jpg

I lowered mine with Steeda springs only. No problems at all. Looks great and rides great. However, I won't be taking the car to the track anytime soon.

I didn't do the panhard bar. Some say it's necessary but others don't. Probably depends on how hard you intend to push the car. I lowered my '06 GT with the FRPP springs only, no panhard bar on it either. Drove it daily for several years without any problems.

Start with the springs. They will give you the look your going after. Then if you find you need the panhard bar you can always add it.

Todd

You can lower it with springs only...

The adjustable panhard is nice - will bring your rear end (and both wheels/tires) back to centered - entire assembly tends to shift either left or right of center once lowered.

The LCA's - best move yet, they will rid you of the dreaded "wheel hop"

Archived