TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Taking delivery today!

SteveR

2011 Ingot silver with Black stripes, would love to post a picture but my files are to big. And no, I don't know how to resize them. I'll shoot some pictures today and maybe I can re-size it before I download into my computer.

Any advice on the break-in process of this car. I understand the computer will not allow rev's over 4000 rpm until 400 miles or so... is this correct?

Steve

2011 Ingot silver with Black stripes, would love to post a picture but my files are to big. And no, I don't know how to resize them. I'll shoot some pictures today and maybe I can re-size it before I download into my computer.

Any advice on the break-in process of this car. I understand the computer will not allow rev's over 4000 rpm until 400 miles or so... is this correct?

Steve

re--revs--i dont think thers a limit, at least mine didnt.It only had 7 miles on it,and i went thru the gears up to 5,000.Youll get plenty of advice on breaking in the car.My personal process is to vary speeds alot--if youre on a highway, do some chenging ie 55,65,75 etc.Also, the SC needs to set by driving at least 7 miles at continuous highway speeds---good luck. BTW, open your pics in Windows, click on Save as, slide the compression arrow to 10, you may have to do that sveeral times to get it small enough

Steve

If the 2011 is just like the 2010 (and I'll assume it is), the car has to have 5 miles of continuous driving or 50 start and warm-up cycles. Before either of those conditions are satisfied, it's limited to 4000 rpm and you won't have full boost.

Steve

Set up a free account at www.photobucket.com

Upload and store you photos there...resize them with ease...and then link them to your posts. Too easy not to try!

And congrats!

Here is a picture after I cleaned it up. Also the mechanic who did the pdi said it didn't need to be driven 5 miles or whatever to activate the supercharger, just unhook the battery for 10 seconds... re-hook and then he went and re-set the ecm.

post-27526-127636152181_thumb.jpg

post-27526-127636152181_thumb.jpg

Unhooking the battery and then having to go into the PCM is ALOT more work than just driving the car 5 miles!

Car looks great. We had a Silver with Satin last year and it was a awesome color combo

MM

There is also a combo. of buttons (steering wheel buttons?) you push to remove the limiter. Kind of like entering a cheat code with a PS2 controller... X-square-square-X-O-O...etc.

The SVT sales rep at the dealer told me the sequence but I forgot it before I got the car off of the dealer lot. My house is just over 5 miles so I was able to get boost on the street leading to my house.

Phill

There is also a combo. of buttons (steering wheel buttons?) you push to remove the limiter. Kind of like entering a cheat code with a PS2 controller... X-square-square-X-O-O...etc.

The SVT sales rep at the dealer told me the sequence but I forgot it before I got the car off of the dealer lot. My house is just over 5 miles so I was able to get boost on the street leading to my house.

Phill

Actually I think he did the steering wheel buttons. I watched him pdi it, took him no longer than a minute or so to do the re-set. And where I bought it I didn't want to drive it around and run the risk of being car jacked. When I left the dealer it waas to go home eventhough I was armed!

Anyway, thanks for the compliments. I really dont think a guy can go wrong with any color on this car.

Archived