TEAM SHELBY FORUM

cops trying to catch me riding dirty.. :(

So the last one was a little long, here's the long story short. I have only been pulled over three times, in the four years I've been driving. First time- i got searched, and so did my car, the officer took me back to his car said i fit the profile, and said he was sorry for wasting my time. I've been pulled over twice, in the past two months. Second time-i got pulled over for marked lanes of travel. That officer is under internal investigation, for being unprofessional, and not handling the situation appropriately. Third time- In my town got pulled over for pulling beside a car at a stop light, to get on the highway. I got a warning for passing on the right, and the officer said i had a nice car, and asked if it was mine.

So reason for posting this is to see, what you older guys went through when you were young. Not, i repeat not to have useless post for grammar and run-on sentences. :banghead: (School isn't what it used to be; more technologically based. It's more of a run before you walk thing.)

I would be extremely careful because the GT 500's attract alot of attention. If your exhaust is loud it attracts even more attention. Just watch you back and if a fellow officer is following you I always pull over or pull in a convienent store just to get them off my back.

IMO it reads (I USE THAT LOOSELY) like your trying to get stopped so you can get you family attorney some work with a BS law suit. Who's harassing who?? This is probably not what you were expecting here, again just my opinion.

Perhaps, if you spent more time listening in school, learning grammer and sentence structure and less time practicing how to be a putz, you wouldn't get so much attention from the boys in blue. :baby::baby::baby:

Yeah, I agree. After the sixth run-on sentence I just gave up reading it. Please learn to break up your sentences and not use the double period.

IMO it reads (I USE THAT LOOSELY) like your trying to get stopped so you can get you family attorney some work with a BS law suit. Who's harassing who?? This is probably not what you were expecting here, again just my opinion.

:boring:

I'm not going to rag on you, as that seems to have been done quite a bit already.

But everybody on here has been 20 before, and particularlarly a number of the guys (IMHO) have been in the state of mind (most 20 y/o guys are at some time or another) where ya want to push the limits to torque a police officer off (yea, used to call em cops too, until I rented a room from one, he became a friend of mine, and he was shot ...just wounded...on a routine traffic stop) making sure its kept right on the right side of what was legal.

Some advice here, not dissen ya, just really, been there, know the feeling and know some people that pushed it too far. Do not try to see how far you can push it. In this case, yea, you were all legal, but now if all the police officers know who you are, not a good thing. These are people under stress every day, never know if the lil-ol-traffic stop is going to get them shot, and do have some latatude on having authority to take ya in for a overnight stay or two (even if everything ends up being thrown out). Trust me, as a 20 year old guy, you do NOT want to spend a night or two in the wrong cell. All kinds of bad things can happen to ya. And that having a family attorney thing, would only make you a bigger target.

Chill, be safe, think long term and enjoy the :censored: out of your car guy! No kidding.

I only read one liners. Sometimes 2 liners.

Can someone give me a summary of this novel ? :huh:

Hey Grabber! long time no post to.

20 y/o guy, not breaking the law in any real way, pulled over by a police officer.

Got the family lawyer on the phone..yada..yada, took steps to get the officer on record for a bad stop, now he thinks the police in the area are just watching and waiting for him to make a mistake they can pull him over for (BIG surprise, eh?).

I think that about covers it.

To me, its kind of like giving your surgeon a rash of :censored: before you go under HIS knife. Even if you are in the right, bad....bad...idea. But tends to come with the testosterone (spelling?) we all have in us when we are 20. Just need to make smart choices to not have a trivial thing cause you some major problems/damage.

20 y/o guy, not breaking the law in any real way, pulled over by a police officer.

Got the family lawyer on the phone..yada..yada, took steps to get the officer on record for a bad stop, now he thinks the police in the area are just watching and waiting for him to make a mistake they can pull him over for (BIG surprise, eh?).

To me, its kind of like giving your surgeon a rash of :censored: before you go under HIS knife. Even if you are in the right, bad....bad...idea. But tends to come with the testosterone (spelling?) we all have in us when we are 20. Just need to make smart choices to not have a trivial thing cause you some major problems/damage.

Great reply's guy's, right on track!

Perhaps, if you spent more time listening in school, learning GRAMMAR and sentence structure and less time practicing how to be a putz, you wouldn't get so much attention from the boys in blue. :baby::baby::baby:

There, fixed it for you.

Yep I have many times.

I am a very polite person to police. I have had many lame experiences since I was a kid and when I was a kid I drove hotrods, some cops really seem to hate them, some love them.

I still have seen bad cops on a power trip as a grown man, my friend was put in the hospital and got beat real bad by the cops about 3 years ago over an alleged noise complaint and he was a grown man 45 with kids...cops lied and said that he assulted them. He sued and they settled about just about enough to cover his legal costs/medical bills/time lost at work...he still has medical problems with one eye and migranes as they wacked him in the head many times with a maglight and that took some major stitches, the cop broke his finger getting it in the way of his own flashlight, this was the alleged assult. They also tased him twice after they tried to stick a nightstick up his anus. And he was punched in the side of the head from behind hard enough to send him over the trunk. This is a true story.

Amazingly they lost the video from that one as it "accidentally" got erased...and all the cops there had a tale to tell. Imagine that!

I have seen them do whatever they want. F your rights as in reality you have none. When they lie and have weapons and the right to stop you. Which they can make up and do anytime they want just about.

Whenever I read in the newspaper which read everyday. about the guy shot in the back by a cop I think "wow they murdered another one" and nothing happens of consequence to them EVER.

My advice is stay the F away from this gang anytime you can, google the "blue wall of silence" and then most of all show respect like you think you deserve and if you get a ticket THEN give it to your attorney.

I have gotten several passes also by being polite and honest.

I would hope that the cop you f'd with does not hunt your a** down.

Some of these guys are huge power trippers who love to hassell citizens, they will deny it. But almost every single citizen I know has seen this and many cops will deny it relentlesly. I have known a few who will admit it, there are some real idiots who get into this line of work. And they can lie like MFers you have never seen or imagined...

TS member BULL loves to kick citizens a**es according to his old posts.

Then there are the really great ones who are trying to "help", problem is you never know who you are getting when you get pulled over.

headscratch.gif

And the good ones never see nothing as they don't rat out the others (do you blame them) or else the bad ones only act bad in the company of other bad ones? I do not know.

But, when they F up they investigate themselveshysterical.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gif ...it is a total crock of crap.

Trust me nothing changes rent an old movie called "Serpico" or read the book...nothing changes.

It was written about a true story.

I know all the officers on here will berate me about this post but this is how I see it (and I have cops in my family on the east coast), we have had discussions on the forums about this and I have met a few officers on here who are truly remarkably wonderful people.

So before a newbie member officer flames me I am not saying F-the police or up with thugs or other BS.

I am relating to this young man what life has taught me that I know to be true, and I could spend hours proving it rather easily, nothing more or less.

I will lastly say do not live in fear, just show respect and fight them in the courtroom if you are right or else earn enough dough to just pay the fine and move on. Having enjoied some great success in life after growing up making my own way I can say that I have learned that the guys with the dough can hire a great attorney and win alleged speeding tickets in my state.

Fear will make you a very crappy person, so F that, but you gotta be cool and stop the sidewalk testosterone contest cause they just might F you up and then pin a bogus charge on you

ask my friend. I have seen it and nothing happens to them, good luck.

And do a big fat F' ing burnout for me in your car on a private road or track it will make you feel better!

Having the car that you have you will hopefully be hotrodding your whole life I hope so get used to the cops messing with you and change what you can which is your own head.

edit:I cant spell either but I can count money and I can hire people who can, thats all that matters in reality.hysterical.gif

Thanks for the summary dude.

edit:I cant spell either but I can count money and I can hire people who can, thats all that matters in reality.hysterical.gif

Your post is so long that I only read the last line of it. happy%20feet.gif

That's the only part that matters anyways.

Cops are human and as they say, attitude is everything. There are many ways to handle a situation, so why would you want to poke the hornets nest? I grew up in NJ, where the troopers are a little more stiff than robots. But I respected them and never had a problem. If I was speeding, (several times) I took my ticket and paid it. It's called personal responsibility, which seems to have gone away these days.

There, fixed it for you.

I always laugh my ass off when that happens. Jump on someone's ass for speeling and grammEr and misspeel GRAMMAR!

Seen it a hundred times and it makes me laugh every time.

Don't throw rocks when ya live in a glass house, or some such shit.....

For the record; Spelling/Grammar flames SUCK,

Phill Pollard

Cops are human and as they say, attitude is everything. There are many ways to handle a situation, so why would you want to poke the hornets nest? I grew up in NJ, where the troopers are a little more stiff than robots. But I respected them and never had a problem. If I was speeding, (several times) I took my ticket and paid it. It's called personal responsibility, which seems to have gone away these days.

That's the funny thing i was the nice one. I greeted the officer when he approached my window, and he gave me attitude but i kept my cool by just asking what i did wrong, which he wouldn't reply. It's sad when the chief and the sergeant, both said the officer was out of line and seemed to have no probable cause. They both apologized and said they would keep the officers from following me for no reason. Truthfully i thought the officer was going to get me for noise, i have the borla xr-1 racing headers and borla stingers( i would have paid that ticket i'm awaiting that stop still.)

Has anyone been pulled over by an officer in any kind of vehicle, just so that the officer could admire your car? I had one waiting on me in a parking lot last year :) i was nervous but also happy the officer was very cool and normal.

That's the funny thing i was the nice one. I greeted the officer when he approached my window, and he gave me attitude but i kept my cool by just asking what i did wrong, which he wouldn't reply. It's sad when the chief and the sergeant, both said the officer was out of line and seemed to have no probable cause. They both apologized and said they would keep the officers from following me for no reason. Truthfully i thought the officer was going to get me for noise, i have the borla xr-1 racing headers and borla stingers( i would have paid that ticket i'm awaiting that stop still.)

Has anyone been pulled over by an officer in any kind of vehicle, just so that the officer could admire your car? I had one waiting on me in a parking lot last year :) i was nervous but also happy the officer was very cool and normal.

All I can say is ADD.....to much about a simple situation. Want to fix the issue be a law abiding citzen and don't give them reason to pull you over. I have 3 Police Officers 2 Nephews and 1 Brother-in-law, all are stand up credit to thier occupation. I have been pulled over 3 or 4 times in my Shelby and each time I gave the Officer reason to do so, each time I was polite and treated them as professionals and only got 1 ticket and that one I deserved ( 90 in a 65 and got a break at 19 miles over) so treat them as you would want to be treated and you should be just fine.

just my opinon!!!! Good luck

Yeah, Im not going to address spelling or grammar....frankly guys, its our fault for entrusting our children's education to the government.

Anyways,

Follow these simple rules:

Try to keep your head in the car you have. Its way more responsibility then one should have under say 30...maybe 40...Which is older than me- LOL

If and when you do get pulled over, yeah it sucks. But do this-

Pull over the second you know he is after you. Have your insurance and ID out and ready if its handy, but dont go digging around while he is approaching you. Keep your hands at 10 and 2 from the time he steps out of the car until he addresses you. Make sure everything is in order, or it just pisses them off more. Take a deep breathe and relax. Answer every question honestly if it will not further incriminate you for a crime. If it will, then keep your mouth shut and let things go however the officer needs to act. At that point you need a lawyer and keeping your right to remain silent is often undervalued...dont give one excuse when another would have worked in the end...let the lawyer figure your defense out....

back to minor violations where they have you dead to rights-

Always answer and end with yes sir or no sir (or maam) and dont make sh*t up...they have heard it all. In the end, this will be your best avenue of avoiding a ticket....if you get one anyway, take it to court and plea it down with the prosecutor...they usually will do that to avoid court.

Most important- it doesnt matter if you are right...when the police have you pulled over, they have all the power and you have to recognize that. Arguing with them is like stepping on a fire ant bed and standing there. Tell it to the prosecutor or judge, not the officer.

Just a little friendly advise from a guy who has had much experience and gone to law school....hope this helps.

Hey Rob I think the important point was to just show the repect to others that you wish to receive.

After hearing one of my best friends screaming for his life and yelling my name for help and bring powerless to help him, I have a lot to say.

Sorry I just don't want a 20 year old guy to have the same result.

Hey Rob I think the important point was to just show the repect to others that you wish to receive.

After hearing one of my best friends screaming for his life and yelling my name for help and bring powerless to help him, I have a lot to say.

Sorry I just don't want a 20 year old guy to have the same result.

I understand. No worries bro.

Perhaps, if you spent more time listening in school, learning grammer and sentence structure and less time practicing how to be a putz, you wouldn't get so much attention from the boys in blue. :baby::baby::baby:

:doh:

Don't be a tool, be a garden. :fool:

Yeah, Im not going to address spelling or grammar....frankly guys, its our fault for entrusting our children's education to the government.

Anyways,

Follow these simple rules:

Try to keep your head in the car you have. Its way more responsibility then one should have under say 30...maybe 40...Which is older than me- LOL

If and when you do get pulled over, yeah it sucks. But do this-

Pull over the second you know he is after you. Have your insurance and ID out and ready if its handy, but dont go digging around while he is approaching you. Keep your hands at 10 and 2 from the time he steps out of the car until he addresses you. Make sure everything is in order, or it just pisses them off more. Take a deep breathe and relax. Answer every question honestly if it will not further incriminate you for a crime. If it will, then keep your mouth shut and let things go however the officer needs to act. At that point you need a lawyer and keeping your right to remain silent is often undervalued...dont give one excuse when another would have worked in the end...let the lawyer figure your defense out....

back to minor violations where they have you dead to rights-

Always answer and end with yes sir or no sir (or maam) and dont make sh*t up...they have heard it all. In the end, this will be your best avenue of avoiding a ticket....if you get one anyway, take it to court and plea it down with the prosecutor...they usually will do that to avoid court.

Most important- it doesnt matter if you are right...when the police have you pulled over, they have all the power and you have to recognize that. Arguing with them is like stepping on a fire ant bed and standing there. Tell it to the prosecutor or judge, not the officer.

Just a little friendly advise from a guy who has had much experience and gone to law school....hope this helps.

+1 and wanted to add to turn all your interrior lighting in you car on and roll the windows down (but keep all hands and head inside). I picked up all the above suggestions from a police officer that was a freiend of mine. Some of the heys arre to be response, respectful, belay their fears that you might shoot them or freak out (it happends on traffic stops). And it has served me well in the past.

I even had one case I took to court (I have not had many ticked, and they were spaced out enough that I took them all to court) where the officer, out of the blew, just volenterred that I was very cooperative during the trafffic stop, and I did not even end up on probation on that one (not sure if that is a code or something, but impressed the :censored: out of me)

So the last one was a little long, here's the long story short. I have only been pulled over three times, in the four years I've been driving. First time- i got searched, and so did my car, the officer took me back to his car said i fit the profile,

A serious question:

Are you Black and was this in the GT500?

The California CHP pulled over a fairly well known Black actor driving a high-buck MBZ up 101 near Gilroy. That hit the news wire BIG TIME.

In Cali, it's called "Driving while Black" and it happens WAY more than it should (which would be ZERO times)...

Phill

A serious question:

Are you Black and was this in the GT500?

The California CHP pulled over a fairly well known Black actor driving a high-buck MBZ up 101 near Gilroy. That hit the news wire BIG TIME.

In Cali, it's called "Driving while Black" and it happens WAY more than it should (which would be ZERO times)...

Phill

Racial profiling is a tricky subject.

Do you avoid hornets or yellowjackets? Why? Have you been stung every time you have ever seen a hornet? Probably not, but you profiled from past experience. I would expect the same ends up happening to the Police.

Chris Rock has some interesting thoughts on some of this. NWS due to language

Archived