TEAM SHELBY FORUM

cops trying to catch me riding dirty.. :(

A serious question:

Are you Black and was this in the GT500?

The California CHP pulled over a fairly well known Black actor driving a high-buck MBZ up 101 near Gilroy. That hit the news wire BIG TIME.

In Cali, it's called "Driving while Black" and it happens WAY more than it should (which would be ZERO times)...

Phill

haha, no i'm not black. From what i'm told from other police officers, because i am driving a nice car and have sunglasses on. I am put under the profile of having something to do with drugs some how? which is why i got pulled over in the Cadillac cts-v and the trooper searched me then put me in the back of his car while he searched my car.

I've been pulled over by black police officers. Does that mean I've been reverse racially profiled?

No, it's still racial profiliing no matter what color/race the cop is.

A young black/hispanic man in a expensive car will very often get pulled over for no other reason than he's a young person of color, driving a expensive car.

A young white man in the same car will not likely be pulled over, at least not for being young/white in a expensive car.

I've been around a LONG time. I saw the civil rights act get passed in the early 60's by JFK and I've personally seen racial profiling by the police. I know police officers personally and have had them tell me themselves that they'll pull over a black kid in a big dollar Mercedes.

It's a fact. A sad fact but none the less, a fact.

I wish it wasn't so,

Phill Pollard (a White male, for the record)

How did race or colour come into play?

It doesn't matter who you are, how old you are or what your ethnicity is, you do something wrong you will get punished for it.

I just turned 23 this past April and I've had a 2007 Saleen Mustang for 2 years. Not once have I been pulled over just for being young, yet I've been pulled over for speeding.

The week I bought my car I got stopped at a road block. I'm 54, they didn't even look at the plates, just shined the flashlight around the interior of the car........and offered to drag race me! When we pulled away my wife asked what that was all about--I said we didn't fit the profile of whatever they were looking for.......

knock on wood, i've only gotten one ticket in the 20 years I've been driving.... BUT I've been pulled over tons! Only once "profiled", it was in this:

n1527364323_55808_2072.jpg

The officer was CLEARLY surprised when he walked up to find me inside dressed in a suit on my way to work, just a quick "good morning sir, try to keep the speed down".... then checked out the truck for a minute before moving on.

I've been pulled over for sliding sideways down the street in quite a few diff rides, and once even for drag racing when the cop was right behind us at the light, I still can't beleive we didn't notice him....

But each and every time, the officer has been more interested in checking out the car than anything else, guess that's the upside of driving unique rides...

And yes, being polite and honest with the officer is a MUST.

Want to fix the issue be a law abiding citzen and don't give them reason to pull you over. I have 3 Police Officers 2 Nephews and 1 Brother-in-law, all are stand up credit to thier occupation. I have been pulled over 3 or 4 times in my Shelby and each time I gave the Officer reason to do so, each time I was polite and treated them as professionals and only got 1 ticket and that one I deserved ( 90 in a 65 and got a break at 19 miles over) so treat them as you would want to be treated and you should be just fine.

just my opinon!!!! Good luck

Well said. I will add this though. As in any profession, there are people doing a job they shouldn't be doing. There are doctors that shouldn't be doctors, teachers that shouldn't be teaching and yes, there are police officers that shouldn't be officers. But, by and large, most of the guys and gals putting on that uniform every day are decent people doing a difficult job. Treat them with respect and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how you get treated in return. In fact, treat everyone you meet the same way you want to be treated and you'll do well in life.

Archived