TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Splitter on the Super Snake

Hi Fellows,

Quick question regarding the carbon fiber SS splitter I just had put on my GT500 after receiving it from Shelby.

Love the splitter and had it installed by the most reputable body shop in my city. There seems to be gaps on both ends near the upper portion that sits inside of the wheel well.

Is it normal that it does not fit the contours of the wheel well near the top?

I don't think it was installed crooked, because the gap is equal on both sides. It makes contact down the the rest of the arch, just not at the top.

Hi Fellows,

Quick question regarding the carbon fiber SS splitter I just had put on my GT500 after receiving it from Shelby.

Love the splitter and had it installed by the most reputable body shop in my city. There seems to be gaps on both ends near the upper portion that sits inside of the wheel well.

Is it normal that it does not fit the contours of the wheel well near the top?

I don't think it was installed crooked, because the gap is equal on both sides. It makes contact down the the rest of the arch, just not at the top.

No gaps here.

post-4213-127619010093_thumb.jpg

post-4213-127619010093_thumb.jpg

Mine fits like a glove. There should not be any gaps. Make sure they drilled the holes to fit all the screw points underneath and inside the wheel well.

You know, it's a bit strange. Because it fits snug 7/8 the way up inside the wheel wheel than it start to come off the arch near the top. Equal on both sides. It is like it was a bit too big for the front end car. I can't see how it could be installed wrong to gap only at the top....

How many screws should be visible holding it on the inside of the wheel well?

Archived