TEAM SHELBY FORUM

70,000mi gt500

aorobie

I think you may be flying solo here. I've owned mine for two years and have 25,000 on it. PS I have had tons of problems with mine. (I think the factory guys were having a Bud Lite day when they built mine or something.)

I think you may be flying solo here. I've owned mine for two years and have 25,000 on it. PS I have had tons of problems with mine. (I think the factory guys were having a Bud Lite day when they built mine or something.)

There was one for sale on ebay several months ago that had over 60K the car was located in Florida.

Sorry to hear that you have had issues with your car. Can I ask what they have been ? Was it covered under warrantee, have you had to pay out of pocket? Again, sorry to hear.

There was one for sale on ebay several months ago that had over 60K the car was located in Florida.

Sorry to hear that you have had issues with your car. Can I ask what they have been ? Was it covered under warrantee, have you had to pay out of pocket? Again, sorry to hear.

Some covered some not (at least not with out a lot of effort on my part) Clutch TSB twice, Throw out bearing, Rear axle/gears (not covered due to claim from dealership that I'm, and I quote "racing" the car. (which I don't, and if I did shouldn't it be able to handle it anyway?) Had the FRPP suspension installed and one of the rear brackets broke due to improper tightening (Not a Ford problem, but an installer issue. FRPP did cover this though), alternator replaced, as well as a few minor things.

Some covered some not (at least not with out a lot of effort on my part) Clutch TSB twice, Throw out bearing, Rear axle/gears (not covered due to claim from dealership that I'm, and I quote "racing" the car. (which I don't, and if I did shouldn't it be able to handle it anyway?) Had the FRPP suspension installed and one of the rear brackets broke due to improper tightening (Not a Ford problem, but an installer issue. FRPP did cover this though), alternator replaced, as well as a few minor things.

I would have tried a different dealer.

I'd be sure not to give him my business or recommend him.

Well I'm not quite to 70k but I am about to hit 50k by the end of this month or the beginning of July.... I bought the car used with around 40k on it and have not had any problems other than issues with the rear calipers failing. But i believe that was an issue with the Ford Tech that tried to use a C clamp to compress the rear caliper piston instead of the correct tool. Oh and when i bought the car it had the OEM clutch in it with no TSB performed. It was working fine but i decided to replace it with a Spec twin disc due to plans for more HP later on....

Archived