TEAM SHELBY FORUM

09KR 0101 is finally home

My son Aaron and I left northern Wisconsin last Thursday and drove straight thru to Cass County Ford in Logansport Indiana to get my new red rocket. We arrived at 5:30 pm in time to see the KR and meet Jim Hayden the sales manager. On the floor was another new '09 KR (silver/blue), a white/silver 2010 GT500 and a 2010 Mustang GT with the glass roof. Jim told me they have sold over 50 Shelbys. We made arrangements to pickup the KR at 9am on Friday. My KR was still all in plastic and unmolested. On Friday morning we made the deal and took off back to Elgin Illinois, where I am originally from. The trip was a blast! My son has a '01 Roush Stage 1 Mustang. We made it to Elgin and stayed at my mother-in-law's overnight. Saturday morning we took off for home and did 380 miles in 6 hours with 3 quick gas stops. We averaged 70 miles an hour and the gas mileage was 21mpg. We hit a hard rain the last 2 hours and road construction for about 12 miles.

I love the car! The sound and the 3:73's are the best for me! And it's the Shelby CSM# that does it for me. Having had an original '66 GT 350 (6S 2174) makes this car even more special for me. I plan on being at the vintage races at Road America in July and will probably do a parade lap on the track. A road trip around Wisconsin is in the plans too.

A special thanks to Don Donnelson (1 badsho) at Bay Harbor Ford in Florida is due. Don lined up this deal for me and did a super job! He is a great guy! If you are looking for a KR give him a shout. The supplies of new KR's on dealers showroom is starting to dry up. Don't wait too long.

post-25377-127612690119_thumb.jpg

post-25377-127612690119_thumb.jpg

Edited by Papa2

Thinking the same thing but then again I've never seen a red KR in person, just pics.

The yellow is the reflection off the rotor from the yellow mustang. You can barely see the black calipers because it's dark on the aft side of the rotors.

Congrats on the new KR. You will love your new machine!! Have fun and Keep it between the lines!!!

Gary

The yellow is the reflection off the rotor from the yellow mustang. You can barely see the black calipers because it's dark on the aft side of the rotors.

Congrats on the new KR. You will love your new machine!! Have fun and Keep it between the lines!!!

Gary

Gary, you are right now that I look closely at it. You definately have the eye for detail. That red KR is a beautiful car!