TEAM SHELBY FORUM

One of a kind SGT!

At least he could have used silver stripes!

:slapfight::redcard::banghead:

Why we need to keep things like scoops and fake dash plaques off ebay!!

Is this car out of Oklahoma? IF it is, it is a friend of mines.

Here is one with the silver stripes (My Car)

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/40547-my-shelby-gt-tribute-car/page__hl__kryptonite

P5200002.JPG

P5200002.JPG

At least he could have used silver stripes!

:slapfight::redcard::banghead:

Why we need to keep things like scoops and fake dash plaques off ebay!!

Heck, That car has more Shelby GT stuff on it than my Shelby GT!!!

Are these LEGIT Shelby's? Guys that had them done with that new package from SAI for 2005-2009

No, they are not real. And as far as I know, I don't believe that anyone bit on the SA upfits for the 2005-2009 MGT. The SR and Turbo prototypes were sold at auction a few months ago, and I don't think that those packages are offered anymore.

No, they are not real. IF you look at the thread I posted from when I posted information on my car last year, I had purchased the strut tower brace, the hood with scoop and front fascia from a guy who has a White SGT for $1,200 shipped from California. He turned his SGT into a GT500. Then got the "Powered by Ford" badges off eBay, the side scoops and rear fascia from a local Ford dealership, and got the CAI from a Ford dealership in Canada for $200. I talked my wife into new wheels. Told her since I needed new tires, I had to have new wheels too. Only thing I don't have is the FRPP Suspension kit.

Is this car out of Oklahoma? IF it is, it is a friend of mines.

Here is one with the silver stripes (My Car)

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/40547-my-shelby-gt-tribute-car/page__hl__kryptonite

Kryptonite - I think you did a great job on your car...It's yours and you are entitled to mod it anyway you choose. Obviously, the side stripe raises some eyebrows here but fake CSM badges on the dash and under the hood would be far worse! Enjoy your tribute car and be safe!

Kryptonite - I think you did a great job on your car...It's yours and you are entitled to mod it anyway you choose. Obviously, the side stripe raises some eyebrows here but fake CSM badges on the dash and under the hood would be far worse! Enjoy your tribute car and be safe!

Thanks for the kind words. I go to a lot of car shows and I tell people who ask it is not real and that I built my own. I have a dash plaque on my car, but it is for the club I am a member of (Legend Lime Registry) and not a CSM plaque. Since my hood is off of a REAL SGT, it does have the Shelby sticker on it, so it can confuse people, but like I said, I tell people its not real. I had a lot of people ask about the car when I was @ Carlisle this past weekend, including some Shelby owners.

Kyrptonite,

Love the color and what you've done to your Mustang. Obviously from my signature picture I'm digging your wheels. Nice look. My only critique is your side stripe since it's not a true Shelby GT, but it's yours and as long as you don't try to pass it off as an SGT carry on.

The owner is also a Member here, screen name is Fedexman.

The dash plate really chaps my ass upsets me. :redcard:

Chris

The Shelby GT dash plate does bother me, as would one in the engine compartment,

as it then would be too much of a clone job (even with such a car color). Everything else

as part of a Tribute edition I'm fine with, although I would've dispensed with the GT part

of the rocker stripe to avoid more "is it a real SGT" questions. But that's just my preference;

to each his own.

-Tom

With all the money that you are putting into this car to make it a "Shelby Tribute", other than the color, why did you not just buy a "real" Shelby GT? To each his own, and I do think you did a nice job with the car, but what are you really trying to accomplish? Do you want a modern day Shelby or????

As others have posted, all the cars that started as Mustangs from Ford are in their very escience a Mustang. But it is what Shelby, Roush and Saleen did with them that makes them unique and distinct to the vision these builders had for the cars. If you don't have a CSM# from Shelby, regardless of the year, it is not a Shelby. A clone, a tribute, or whatever you call it is just that.

Enjoy your car! I think it is great that you have the motivation and love of the Mustang to do what you are doing. That is what makes the Mustang hobby so much fun. I just don't understand the concept of spending all that money for something that is not the "real deal" when you could have spent that money on the "real deal". Why not build something completely unique that no one else has and really make them envious?

Russ,

So far I've been supportive with what you have been doing creating your 'tribute', but your friend crossed the line by putting the dash plaque on his car. If he's not trying to pass his car off as a real SGT he shouldn't have a problem sending the SGT Registrar the CSM number. Just my $.02.

With all the money that you are putting into this car to make it a "Shelby Tribute", other than the color, why did you not just buy a "real" Shelby GT? To each his own, and I do think you did a nice job with the car, but what are you really trying to accomplish? Do you want a modern day Shelby or????

As others have posted, all the cars that started as Mustangs from Ford are in their very escience a Mustang. But it is what Shelby, Roush and Saleen did with them that makes them unique and distinct to the vision these builders had for the cars. If you don't have a CSM# from Shelby, regardless of the year, it is not a Shelby. A clone, a tribute, or whatever you call it is just that.

Enjoy your car! I think it is great that you have the motivation and love of the Mustang to do what you are doing. That is what makes the Mustang hobby so much fun. I just don't understand the concept of spending all that money for something that is not the "real deal" when you could have spent that money on the "real deal". Why not build something completely unique that no one else has and really make them envious?

If Shelby had made a real Legend Lime SGT, I would have been all over it. When I bought my car in 2005, I paid cash for it. I do not plan to get rid of my car, as I have over 104k miles on it. I really don't want a car payment right now either, since I have been out of work since March 2009 and in a semi-retired state of my life. Though I do admit after seeing a Legend Lime Terlinqua, I have an itch that may need some scratching.

Actually, money wise, I have only spent about $5,000 including paint (not including wheels, they were an afterthought) to do my car, so including what I paid for my car, I am still under 30k invested. Roush and Saleen sells body kits that allow Mustang owners to be able to build their own, so you see a lot of them out there that are not real, unlike the SGT.

When I came up with the idea, I thought I was being unique, as I had not, and still have not, seen a SGT in any color other than the real ones (other than my buddy's car that started this thread).

Kryptonite,

Anyone that knows what a SGT is knows that there was not a legend lime one so how could anybody think that your trying to do a clone. I think what you have done is very nice and I personally do not have a problem with it as long as it stays your car. The problem would arise if you were to sell the car and try to pass if off as a real SGT which I would never think you would do anyways.

If Shelby had made a real Legend Lime SGT, I would have been all over it. When I bought my car in 2005, I paid cash for it. I do not plan to get rid of my car, as I have over 104k miles on it. I really don't want a car payment right now either, since I have been out of work since March 2009 and in a semi-retired state of my life. Though I do admit after seeing a Legend Lime Terlinqua, I have an itch that may need some scratching.

Actually, money wise, I have only spent about $5,000 including paint (not including wheels, they were an afterthought) to do my car, so including what I paid for my car, I am still under 30k invested. Roush and Saleen sells body kits that allow Mustang owners to be able to build their own, so you see a lot of them out there that are not real, unlike the SGT.

When I came up with the idea, I thought I was being unique, as I had not, and still have not, seen a SGT in any color other than the real ones (other than my buddy's car that started this thread).

I completely understand now since you are working from a paid for car that you have enjoyed these past few years. I do think you have done a nice job with it and it is great that you appreciate the Shelby GT for the car it is. Keep enjoying it and I look forward to see what you do next. I hope to see it in person one day.

Robert

No, they are not real. IF you look at the thread I posted from when I posted information on my car last year, I had purchased the strut tower brace, the hood with scoop and front fascia from a guy who has a White SGT for $1,200 shipped from California. He turned his SGT into a GT500. Then got the "Powered by Ford" badges off eBay, the side scoops and rear fascia from a local Ford dealership, and got the CAI from a Ford dealership in Canada for $200. I talked my wife into new wheels. Told her since I needed new tires, I had to have new wheels too. Only thing I don't have is the FRPP Suspension kit.

It looks great. At least you are honest and upfront on your Tribute!, I respect that and there is nothing wrong with a tribute. I dont see any problem with the side stripe. If you were to do a 67 GT 500 Tribute, you would add a side stripe. Wouldn't you? that is what a tribute is...a almost exact copy

It looks great. At least you are honest and upfront on your Tribute!, I respect that and there is nothing wrong with a tribute. I dont see any problem with the side stripe. If you were to do a 67 GT 500 Tribute, you would add a side stripe. Wouldn't you? that is what a tribute is...a almost exact copy

I dont respect it its an imitation!!! I often wonder what drives people to do these types of thigs. Its not their own creative mind its their wannabe dream... Why is it called a tribute when you look up the word it says

tribute

1 a : a payment by one ruler or nation to another in acknowledgment of submission or as the price of protection; also : the tax levied for such a payment b (1) : an excessive tax, rental, or tariff imposed by a government, sovereign, lord, or landlord (2) : an exorbitant charge levied by a person or group having the power of coercion c : the liability to pay tribute

2 a : something given or contributed voluntarily as due or deserved; especially : a gift or service showing respect, gratitude, or affection <a floral tribute> b : something (as material evidence or a formal attestation) that indicates the worth, virtue, or effectiveness of the one in question <the design is a tribute to his ingenuity>

and clone

a computer made by a third party, such as PC clones or Macintosh clones (just change the word computer to mustang.)

so therefore its a clone

kryptonite,

Pay no attention to the negative comments here. Its your car and your money so do what you want with it and enjoy.

By the way I think your car looks good.

Kryptonite, I completely agree with ATI especially since you are not claiming it to be an SGT or a real Shelby. Not everyone is going to like what you do with your car, but it is your car, have fun with it. I guess that whatever mods Blowngt has made to his car must be a tribute or a clone of someone else's Mustang that has some of the same parts. I certainly hope he did not put headers on his car as I would really be upset with him cloning my SGT.

Balls, Kryptonite, balls. We've all got a pair, but you put them right out there for debate. I really like the green color. To be honest, this was something I disliked when the SGT first came out- they lacked color choices. Heck, I remember a black SGT with red stripes at Barrett Jackson, and can imagine those colors swapped. So, nice color usage, and you have done a nice clone- much better than most I've seen.

Also, the SGT-C was for California if I recall correctly, so you could add NC to the name, and have a Shelby GT-NC on the side. Legend lime could become the color for North Carolina.

Only thing I don't have is the FRPP Suspension kit.

If you want the FRRP set up I have this off my SGT with less than 2,000 miles on it I switched to Vogtland Springs and Koni Shocks

FRPP M-5300-P Lowering Springs $100

FRPP M-18000-A Dynamic Dampner Kit $200

FRPP M-5490-A ANTI-ROLL BAR KIT $200

I will pay for the ground UPS shipping to the lower 48 and take payment via PayPal to andrewnagle1964@mac.com

Take Care

Andrew

If you want the FRRP set up I have this off my SGT with less than 2,000 miles on it I switched to Vogtland Springs and Koni Shocks

FRPP M-5300-P Lowering Springs $100

FRPP M-18000-A Dynamic Dampner Kit $200

FRPP M-5490-A ANTI-ROLL BAR KIT $200

I will pay for the ground UPS shipping to the lower 48 and take payment via PayPal to andrewnagle1964@mac.com

Take Care

Andrew

I will consider it. I have heard from friends (as well as read some posts on this forum) of people not liking the FRPP suspension for normal everyday driving.

Archived