TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just won the Hot Rod Power Tour Dyno Challenge June 7th

portside

Just wanted to post that my 2007 GT500 w/ Kenne Bell 2.8H won the Hot Rod Power Tour Day 3 Dyno Challenge in DuQuion, Illinois on June 7th, 2010. 677 RWHP on the Dynojet dyno, using SAE correction factor.

Now, before everyone chimes in on how high or low that is, my car was totally heat-soaked after a 3 hour, 180 mile trip, 91 degree day, and 2 failed WOT dyno pulls due to wheel spin. Suffice to say the car was very hot. I also have 4.10 gears, which hurts RWHP versus the stock gearing. I am using a safe and conservative Kenne Bell tune that is very rich at WOT, some times dipping down to 10:1 or below. I used no artificial cooling, it was loaded on the dyno and ran. Due to the heat issues, I asked that he shut my car down prior to redline, and he shut it off at about 5800 RPM. The curve was headed up and likely would have made 690-700 RWHP if he had pegged it to redline. Due to the nature of the event, I could not collect data during the run, so I do not know boost level or IAT2 numbers. The KB really drew a crowd- you could hear that whine across the fairgrounds. I won a Hot Rod leather jacket and a very nice wall placque to rub in my buddies' faces.

If you get a chance to go on a Power Tour, it's pretty cool.

You don't even need to explain that the numbers could have been higher if conditions were better. None of us drive these cars under ideal conditions. Congratulations on winning the contest and for the new jacket.happy%20feet.gif

Congrats! Did you follow the tour to Bowling Green? I was in shock this morning as I was going about my work to meet 2 60's Olds 442's a couple of GTO's, a GTO Judge Convertible a couple of Chevelle SS, several Vettes and 3 very strange Ranchero looking vehicles sporting foreign tags......coming through the sleepy little burg of Hopkinsville! Local radio station with a window facing highway 68/80 said it was like an all day parade!

Well we all know that black cars are not only the fastest, but also the most powerful.

This is just another of the thousands of examples of that fact.

Congrats!

:happy feet:

Congrats! Did you follow the tour to Bowling Green? I was in shock this morning as I was going about my work to meet 2 60's Olds 442's a couple of GTO's, a GTO Judge Convertible a couple of Chevelle SS, several Vettes and 3 very strange Ranchero looking vehicles sporting foreign tags......coming through the sleepy little burg of Hopkinsville! Local radio station with a window facing highway 68/80 said it was like an all day parade!

We only participated in the Springfield to Duquoin, Illinois leg. Those strange Ranchero-looking foreign tagged vehicles were Australian market Holdens. They have Whipple-supercharged large V8 engines, along with right hand drive. The sight of all of those hot rods in 2 long rows on the highway was awesome. Then, during a lenthy traffic jam, it was 2 rows of parked hot rods literally as far as the eye could see in both directions. Unlike many large car shows which seriously degrade in behavior as the night goes on, these folks were very well behaved.

I have been to Hopkinsville several times trading new Yamaha ATVs with the local Yamaha dealer there.

• 2 weeks later...

We only participated in the Springfield to Duquoin, Illinois leg. Those strange Ranchero-looking foreign tagged vehicles were Australian market Holdens. They have Whipple-supercharged large V8 engines, along with right hand drive. The sight of all of those hot rods in 2 long rows on the highway was awesome. Then, during a lenthy traffic jam, it was 2 rows of parked hot rods literally as far as the eye could see in both directions. Unlike many large car shows which seriously degrade in behavior as the night goes on, these folks were very well behaved.

I have been to Hopkinsville several times trading new Yamaha ATVs with the local Yamaha dealer there.

4 of us from Chicago did most of the Tour. I saw the Black Red Stripe Edition at several stops, a nice ride for sure. We had a Terminator, 99 SVT Vert, a Pantera and my GT500 Vert. I talked with the Aussie guys several times. They were lots of fun and having a blast with those El Camino like things. They were very fast. I did 2100 miles at 50 MPH average speen and 17.2 MPG. Guess my foot was in the super charger a lot! My 4th tour..

Just wanted to post that my 2007 GT500 w/ Kenne Bell 2.8H won the Hot Rod Power Tour Day 3 Dyno Challenge in DuQuion, Illinois on June 7th, 2010. 677 RWHP on the Dynojet dyno, using SAE correction factor.

Now, before everyone chimes in on how high or low that is, my car was totally heat-soaked after a 3 hour, 180 mile trip, 91 degree day, and 2 failed WOT dyno pulls due to wheel spin. Suffice to say the car was very hot. I also have 4.10 gears, which hurts RWHP versus the stock gearing. I am using a safe and conservative Kenne Bell tune that is very rich at WOT, some times dipping down to 10:1 or below. I used no artificial cooling, it was loaded on the dyno and ran. Due to the heat issues, I asked that he shut my car down prior to redline, and he shut it off at about 5800 RPM. The curve was headed up and likely would have made 690-700 RWHP if he had pegged it to redline. Due to the nature of the event, I could not collect data during the run, so I do not know boost level or IAT2 numbers. The KB really drew a crowd- you could hear that whine across the fairgrounds. I won a Hot Rod leather jacket and a very nice wall placque to rub in my buddies' faces.

If you get a chance to go on a Power Tour, it's pretty cool.

Pretty sre there are pics of your car in this link.

If you can't see the pictures in this email, click here to see it in a web browser:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=345826354506%3A2068578775&sourceId=533754321803&cm_mmc=eMail-_-Share-_-Photos-_-Sharer

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty sre there are pics of your car in this link.

If you can't see the pictures in this email, click here to see it in a web browser:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=345826354506%3A2068578775&sourceId=533754321803&cm_mmc=eMail-_-Share-_-Photos-_-Sharer

That's my car in pics #155 & 156. Did you take those pictures? Someone did an excellent job documenting the Power Tour. Those are great shots. Someone is good with a camera, and a lot of effort went into that photo session. I remember most of those cars. Thank you for pointing it out to me.

Brad

Archived