TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How long will the 5.4L be in the Mustang?

Hussman

Given the recent news of the 5.0 Hurricane in the upcoming Bullitt and Boss cars, how long will Ford keep this motor in the Mustang?

I have a hunch that after the two or three year run this will be it. Political pressure (see recent Presidential address) on gas consumption plus another quality more fuel efficient engine in the wings may bring 5.4 to an end in passenger cars.

Just curious what everyone thinks given those on this forum are "in the know"

Thanks.

Given the recent news of the 5.0 Hurricane in the upcoming Bullitt and Boss cars, how long will Ford keep this motor in the Mustang?

I have a hunch that after the two or three year run this will be it. Political pressure (see recent Presidential address) on gas consumption plus another quality more fuel efficient engine in the wings may bring 5.4 to an end in passenger cars.

Just curious what everyone thinks given those on this forum are "in the know"

Thanks.

I am of the opinion that the 5.4 will be in service until 2010. That's when the 500 will stop being produced. Part opinion, part intellengence.

I am of the opinion that the 5.4 will be in service until 2010. That's when the 500 will stop being produced. Part opinion, part intellengence.

You really think it will do a 3 year run? Also, are they not going to use an even bigger block than the 5.4 for their high powered BOSS..the equivalent to the Boss 429? Or what blocks are in the near future for the mustangs and all its variants? BTW, that picture you have at the bottom of the corbra, can you blow it up? Just want to see it better. THanks

You really think it will do a 3 year run? Also, are they not going to use an even bigger block than the 5.4 for their high powered BOSS..the equivalent to the Boss 429? Or what blocks are in the near future for the mustangs and all its variants? BTW, that picture you have at the bottom of the corbra, can you blow it up? Just want to see it better. THanks

Yes, I do believe it will be a three year run for the 500. I do not think that we will ever see a "big block" engine installed in a passenger car ever again, because the big block engine went away after the 70' OPEC bull.

I believe that the 4.6 engine will slowly fade away (at least for the Mustang), and will be replaced with the new 5.0 mod motor going forward.

With regards to the photo, I have been trying to enlarge it, but I'm having some difficulty doing so. I'm still working on it, and will post a larger verison of it as soon as I can, stay tuned.

Archived