TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vietnam Virtual Wall Memorial

Go to this web site: http://www.virtualwall.org/iStates.htm

This web site is a virtual wall of all those lost during the Vietnam war with the names, bio's and other information on each of those lost. Those who remember that time frame or, perhaps, lost friends or family can look them up on this site.

Click on the web site, and then click on a state. When it opens, scroll down to the city and the names will appear. Then click on a name. It should show you a picture of the person, or at least their bio and medals. This is an amazing web site. Someone spent a lot of time and effort to create it.

This web site makes it all pretty real. To those of you who served in Vietnam, fallen and standing, please accept my gratitude for your sacrifice for our country.

Jim

I'm not going to attempt to describe WHY, but by and large vets returning from Viet Nam were despised for their service. The sentiment was that they should have protested. There was a small thing called the draft during most of the "conflict". To someone my age they were my brothers, sisters and high school and college class mates.

Vets returning from Korea have been largely forgotten. If it wasn't for reruns of M*A*S*H on cable, most people alive today would not even know that there was a war in Korea, let alone that your grandfather was probably there. (To someone my age, it would have been our dads.) Of course, many of the folks in Korea had also served in WWII.

I applaud the wall.

Go to this web site: http://www.virtualwall.org/iStates.htm

This web site is a virtual wall of all those lost during the Vietnam war with the names, bio's and other information on each of those lost. Those who remember that time frame or, perhaps, lost friends or family can look them up on this site.

Click on the web site, and then click on a state. When it opens, scroll down to the city and the names will appear. Then click on a name. It should show you a picture of the person, or at least their bio and medals. This is an amazing web site. Someone spent a lot of time and effort to create it.

This web site makes it all pretty real. To those of you who served in Vietnam, fallen and standing, please accept my gratitude for your sacrifice for our country.

Jim

Jim, thank you for your nice comments. As a Viet Nam veteran, I appreciate the website, and the fact that there are those who still remember the sacrifices made by so many during this conflicted time. Veterans of all wars / conflicts have a special bond and it is to this end that everyone should be made aware, it is not the soldier who is to blame for wars, they are fullfilling the call by their country. For those who have served faitfully, it is our duty to speak out, get involved, and vote to ensure our politicians do not sacrifice our military in a reckless manner. Always respect the citizen soldier. Larry

Archived