TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Minor Scratches to 2011 GT500

Ezareth

Oh man, he said the car was 1 week old.....wonder if a nice headbutt to the girl then say she hit her head during the crash would go unnoticed :headscratch:. Really though I hate teenage girls on their phones while driving. "Grown-ups" driving while on the phone are bad enough but teenage girls GRRRR.

Oh man, he said the car was 1 week old.....wonder if a nice headbutt to the girl then say she hit her head during the crash would go unnoticed :headscratch:. Really though I hate teenage girls on their phones while driving. "Grown-ups" driving while on the phone are bad enough but teenage girls GRRRR.

The cop would say, "Jeez, what happened? Looks like she was torn apart by a pack of hyenas!"

I'd say, "Bear got her I think. It went that way..."

Always carry wet naps in the car. You never know when you might need them.

Some teenage girl SideSwiped this guy's GT500 and he just got it. What would you do?

Looks like he installed those aftermarket side scoops which doesn't look so bad, but the other one was ripped off. God I would be pissed!

I believe this is a repost, same post in the GT500 modifications and tech forum. I posted there and went into an entire spiel regarding the teenege girl and such.

BTW I would fine the girl and also sue the parents for what happened. The camera guy in the video got hurt with a sprained finger. When mym mom was in an accident a few years ago when she was driving a Jaguar she was leasing, she got hit head-on by a lady in an Escalade who had a medical condition and the escalade driver passed out and caused the accident. She wasn't supposed to be driving and my mom won the case, especially because her right foot was broken in the accident.

See what I said about it in the same post in the GT500 mod and tech forum. I went into a huge rant about it.

You should also check out this video and see what Dr. Phil had to say about the situation

I believe this is a repost, same post in the GT500 modifications and tech forum. I posted there and went into an entire spiel regarding the teenege girl and such.

BTW I would fine the girl and also sue the parents for what happened. The camera guy in the video got hurt with a sprained finger. When mym mom was in an accident a few years ago when she was driving a Jaguar she was leasing, she got hit head-on by a lady in an Escalade who had a medical condition and the escalade driver passed out and caused the accident. She wasn't supposed to be driving and my mom won the case, especially because her right foot was broken in the accident.

I only noticed it from my daily searches on new GT500 reviews and videos for my review compilation. Didn't realize was already posted elsewhere.

I don't think I'd enjoy my car nearly as much after that happened, even if it was repaired correctlly. Just knowing that somewhere under that paint was some bondo and crumpled sheetmetal would constantly bother me. I think I'd have to sell it.

I only noticed it from my daily searches on new GT500 reviews and videos for my review compilation. Didn't realize was already posted elsewhere.

I don't think I'd enjoy my car nearly as much after that happened, even if it was repaired correctlly. Just knowing that somewhere under that paint was some bondo and crumpled sheetmetal would constantly bother me. I think I'd have to sell it.

Yeah, after it gets repairs, it doesn't feel the same anymore, and you can probrably spot where the car had bodywork done especially if its a used car.

BTW, The Jaguar and Escalade accident happened in February 2006. The car ended up being totaled because the front end was such a mess. Shortly after that, she leased a Ford Freestyle, then when the lease expired, she got a Ford Edge. The lease for that expired a couple of months ago and she currently is leasing a 2010 Lincoln MKX. She now goes for bigger cars like crossovers after what happened to her a few years ago.

Some teenage girl SideSwiped this guy's GT500 and he just got it. What would you do?

Looks like he installed those aftermarket side scoops which doesn't look so bad, but the other one was ripped off. God I would be pissed!

That really sucks.. I feel bad for the guy, it will never be the same once it's been hit!

Some states passed new laws this year about being under 18 on your cell phone. Other states band it all together might want to see what she told the cop and check the laws for the state. See if there were witnesses to say she was on the phone while driving then sue for a new GT500 and say its for the collectors value. Sorry about the guys car :violin:

+10000

sorry your car got "damaged"..........wrecked is hardly the case. :salute:

Well a crumpled quarter panel on a GT500 is wrecked IMO. I sure as hell wouldn't want that thing after seeing that. It isn't like it can just get repainted, I'd estimate a top quality body shop would charge 3-4K to do the repairs right and even then it isn't like you can replace the panels.

I would call "totalled" over the top but wrecked is wrecked. Still pisses me off that someone had a chance to wreck theirs while waiting to get mine )=

+10000

sorry your car got "damaged"..........wrecked is hardly the case. :salute:

+1

On other boards I've been on, the "first wreck" photos are either of an upside down vehicle in a ditch or taken in some towing companies yard. The thread splits quickly into a couple discussions. How badly hurt was the driver, when the auction for the parts would be held, and finally why isn't the towing company at least putting a tarp over that hole where the windshield used to be so the interior part I want isn't weather damaged before the insurance company gets around to totalling it out.

So yeah, I'd be a bit pissed if it was my car in the same situation in the video. But having gone through the ambulance ride and then the fun of dealing with a totaled Z28 after the driver of a 72 Cadilac Fleetwood (uninsured of course) ran a red light; I'm going to have to agree with the overhyped camp. :redcard:

When the guy walks around to the side of the car with the "damage", I thought the video was a joke -- where's the damage? Then I did see the damage -- wasn't that impressed. Yes, I'd be upset if my 2010 GT500 even got a scratch on it, but it isn't that much of a big deal to me. Have it fixed, and enjoy driving the car again. Also, did I miss something? The guy stated that he "believes" the other driver was on a cell phone. Maybe so, maybe not.

After looking this guys other Dyno up it appears he compared his 2011 Dyno to a 2010 dyno. Pretty interesting numbers 479 on a stock 2011 versus 459 on a stock 2010. Plenty of factors that could have influenced either number though.

Archived