TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSX 4000/6000 Floormat Sourcing

regalka

Yeah, I need some floor mats too. They do exist. I saw some on e-bay about a year ago and they sold for big bucks.

Maybe now that they are going to focus more on parts and less on cars, they will make some floor mats for us.

It would be nice if the Cobra parts could be added to the Shelby Store. Maybe capture some of the business that has gone to other folks. I could use some wiper blades too and the only place I can find them is Shell Valley. Same for the rear-view mirror - it's "fading from behind" and it looks like Shell Valley is the source again...

It's amazing the parts you can get from SAI for a Cobra, but you'd never know if from the lack of a catalogue. An online catalogue would be absolutely fantastic, and would do wonders for their sales..

As far as Cobra parts there are two I have dealt with:

Finish Line

Cobra Restorers

Disclaimer: Before buying any part call and make sure it will fit a CSX car. Lots of replica parts do not fit.

It would be nice if the Cobra parts could be added to the Shelby Store. Maybe capture some of the business that has gone to other folks. I could use some wiper blades too and the only place I can find them is Shell Valley. Same for the rear-view mirror - it's "fading from behind" and it looks like Shell Valley is the source again...

It's amazing the parts you can get from SAI for a Cobra, but you'd never know if from the lack of a catalogue. An online catalogue would be absolutely fantastic, and would do wonders for their sales..

As far as Cobra parts there are two I have dealt with:

Finish Line

Cobra Restorers

Disclaimer: Before buying any part call and make sure it will fit a CSX car. Lots of replica parts do not fit.

I believe that most "people in the know" know they can call Gary P or Tony E to get parts, but if they had them in the catalog or on line people might go there first.

P.S. I'd like a Cobra fitted car cover too.

You can call Kelsey at 702-942-7325 and tell her you want to buy a set of 427 floormats. She will be able to take down your payment info and get those sent out to you. I believe they are about $190 but she will be able to give you an exact amount.

I believe that most "people in the know" know they can call Gary P or Tony E to get parts, but if they had them in the catalog or on line people might go there first.

P.S. I'd like a Cobra fitted car cover too.

Tony, Steven Becker at Planet Cobra has both from SA

http://www.goplanetcobra.com/planet-cobra.html

You can call Kelsey at 702-942-7325 and tell her you want to buy a set of 427 floormats. She will be able to take down your payment info and get those sent out to you. I believe they are about $190 but she will be able to give you an exact amount.

Kelsey was very helpful. Mats are on the way.

Many thanks,

Ron

How much were the floormats Ron, I need another set.

FWIW, Tony isn't a contact for parts, he's in charge of production. All he can do is transfer you to someone who can help you with parts. Every time you call him you take him away from production and break his concentration. He tends to get a bit testy when he gets interrupted for things that he shouldn't have to deal with, and I don't know that I blame him.

SAI doesn't even like you calling Tony if you have a question about a car in production, your dealer is supposed to contact Gary. Tony has always been fantastic when it comes to communicating with me on cars and such, but I try to respect their wishes about contacting him. If I absolutely have to, I will send him an e-mail so I don't take him away from other, more important things.

Ask me how I know these things.....I called Tony once with a parts question, he transferred me to Bud, and my dealer called me the next day and asked that I not disturb Tony again.

FWIW, Tony isn't a contact for parts, he's in charge of production. All he can do is transfer you to someone who can help you with parts. Every time you call him you take him away from production and break his concentration. He tends to get a bit testy when he gets interrupted for things that he shouldn't have to deal with, and I don't know that I blame him.

SAI doesn't even like you calling Tony if you have a question about a car in production, your dealer is supposed to contact Gary. Tony has always been fantastic when it comes to communicating with me on cars and such, but I try to respect their wishes about contacting him. If I absolutely have to, I will send him an e-mail so I don't take him away from other, more important things.

Ask me how I know these things.....I called Tony once with a parts question, he transferred me to Bud, and my dealer called me the next day and asked that I not disturb Tony again.

I've been down that road. Contact the dealer who doesn't contact me (out of business). Then I contact Gary who doesn't contact me, I contact Tony and he response with in the hour. SA needs to take lessons in customer service from LL Bean.

I was actually quite surprised. The mats, black carpeting with red, white and blue Cobra "insignia" were $120 a pair. I asked about the car cover and they have only a "silver colored" one at $200, with no pictures or specs. I decided to wait on the cover.

Ron

OK, I was checking before I said anything. When GT500-07 said they were $190 I kind of freaked out, they were only about $120 last year when I bought mine. I actually bought a set of 427 and a set of 289 mats and Bud made me a deal.

For a cover I buy the Evolution cover, a great 4 layer cover made for outdoor use, very soft with lots of padding, super for indoors. They are about $175 or so as I remember. I have had to stop covering my cars in the garage, I found evidence of rodents under the hood of a car last week so now all cars have the covers off and hoods open.

I was actually quite surprised. The mats, black carpeting with red, white and blue Cobra "insignia" were $120 a pair. I asked about the car cover and they have only a "silver colored" one at $200, with no pictures or specs. I decided to wait on the cover.

Ron

OK, I was checking before I said anything. When GT500-07 said they were $190 I kind of freaked out, they were only about $120 last year when I bought mine. I actually bought a set of 427 and a set of 289 mats and Bud made me a deal.

For a cover I buy the Evolution cover, a great 4 layer cover made for outdoor use, very soft with lots of padding, super for indoors. They are about $175 or so as I remember. I have had to stop covering my cars in the garage, I found evidence of rodents under the hood of a car last week so now all cars have the covers off and hoods open.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for critters!!!

Thanks,

Ron

the $190 was what Tony quoted me, he did say to call Kelsey to confirm :shrug:

the $190 was what Tony quoted me, he did say to call Kelsey to confirm :shrug:

I called Kelsey a few days ago for floor mats and she was very nice. Great customer service. They cost 120 for the pair. They shipped right away and they are very nice. Black with a cobra embelem that matched the embelem in the steering wheel.

• 4 years later...

Archived