TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brake Upgrade!

I did some brake upgrades today. But I can only do so much, so as not to get myself out of F Stock for SCCA and related events. Next weekend we have a Hill Climb, the Cascades Hill Climb outside of Ashland, OR. So I upgraded my pads to Carbo Tech AX6, Brembo LCF600 fluid, and some speedbleeders. Also did a thorough inspection and cleaning of the undercarriage. Wiped it all down, nice and clean and ready to go.

dscn0595a.jpg

dscn0584y.jpg

dscn0592c.jpg

dscn0590o.jpg

If it is legal I would upgrade the brake lines to stainless, which will give you a better feel in the pedal. That was one of the most noticeablechanges I made to the brakes on my car.

If it is legal I would upgrade the brake lines to stainless, which will give you a better feel in the pedal. That was one of the most noticeablechanges I made to the brakes on my car.

+1

I would have, but from what I read it stated "stainless lines on stock vehicles for 92 and older" maybe I am mistaken. If anyone has the real skinny ie:Sam Strano. I would love to do that also.

I would have, but from what I read it stated "stainless lines on stock vehicles for 92 and older" maybe I am mistaken. If anyone has the real skinny ie:Sam Strano. I would love to do that also.

I guess I can do the stainless lines. I was looking at the rulebook for SCCA Pro Solo which I am not doing. Doing Solo II events, and hill climbs, road course stuff. So woohoo!!

i think i remember reading sam did up grade his brakes with a GT500 package.

Yes I beleive that is allowed, due to the fact that it is a "stock Ford brake system". I will probably go this route later. I will see how the AX6 pads, stainless lines, and Brembo fluid work out for me.

brakesk.jpg

Well i received my stainless lines today. Got them installed and finished the brake job. I went out and "bedded" in the Carbo Tech AX6 pads. All I can say is "WOW" what a big difference in my braking now. It is great. I must have done like 20 runs from about 70 MPH to like 15 MPH and never could "smell" the brakes. Weekend before last when I was doing some autocrossing on a road course track here I would get the fade and smell after only one lap or so. Huge difference with these pads and lines.

stainlesslines.jpg

Archived