TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Alcoa Super Snake Wheels in 20"x11"

bchorney

Would you buy a set of 20"x11" Alcoas?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a set of 20"x11" Alcoa Super Snake Wheels if they were built?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Would love to swap my Super Snake 10" for 11" with Super Snake on them!

Robert:

How has the sale of the Alcoas been since they hit the Shelby Store in January?

I may be beating a dead horse here, but I want to ask the question anyway. Is there any chance the Alcoa Super Snake Wheels will be produced in 20" x 11"?

Cheers

Brett

Robert:

How has the sale of the Alcoas been since they hit the Shelby Store in January?

I may be beating a dead horse here, but I want to ask the question anyway. Is there any chance the Alcoa Super Snake Wheels will be produced in 20" x 11"?

Cheers

Brett

I would buy the normal non-SS stamped wheels in 11 since I don't have a SuperSnake. I'm sure others would as well. As it stands now, I will have to send them to Weldcraft to get widened when I buy a set. I'd rather pay a little more and buy them direct. Can't be that hard to make this happen.

I ask the question to see how many people are interested. My grandpappy always said that you don't get what you don't ask for!!! At the end of the day, I would hate to go throught the extra time and cost to buy a set of 10" and have them cut and widened if we could get them from the factory. So please make these and I will buy! Best would be Super Snake rims I can trade my 10" ones for, second best, I would just take a set of 11" without Super Snake on them. I had a blast at the track last night, but it sure was slippery over the first half of the track.

Cheers

Brett

I'm the only jerk that voted no so far. I do want wider rims, I'm just greedy. I want 11.75 wide rims so I can get maximum tire width. I'll probably end up buying two 10x20 without the SS logo and send them out to get widened. I'm just not sure weather I'll get more traction with Toyo 315's or Michellin 335's. That will be my deciding factor. I'm still sitting on the fence and watching to see which is better.

I'm the only jerk that voted no so far. I do want wider rims, I'm just greedy. I want 11.75 wide rims so I can get maximum tire width. I'll probably end up buying two 10x20 without the SS logo and send them out to get widened. I'm just not sure weather I'll get more traction with Toyo 315's or Michellin 335's. That will be my deciding factor. I'm still sitting on the fence and watching to see which is better.

I wouldn't say you are a jerk. You are being honest.

Here is what I found out. The tooling costs, combined with the minimum run of 4,000 pieces is too prohibitive for Shelby to do this.

Robert:

Thank you for looking into this and posting.

All I can say is RATS!!! Well I could say more, but let's not go there. Too bad they weren't in the build from the start. They would have been well on their way to 4,000 units. I guess this leaves us cutting up good 10" units.

Cheers

Brett

• 3 months later...

110% agree... if your gonna spend $500-600, get the most bang for the buck. A 315 will still look like the original 275 on 10's...it's exactly .150"(just a tick over an 1/8")... go with the biggest and baddest or go home !!!!

Archived