TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Picture Request: 07-08 Shelby GT next to 65-66 GT350

socalwrench

I need a little help from you SGT people. I have been looking for a 65-66 GT350 next to a 07-08 Shelby GT for quite some time with no luck. If you have one, or several, please post them. There are for reference use only and will not be published anywhere else. Thanks!

Greg

GRH Performance

I do have a picture of my Super Snake with a GT350, but don't have one with my SGT S/C yet. I can get one for you, but it will take a few days to coordinate getting the two cars together, but I suspect that someone will post a picture of the two cars before I get one for you.

I need a little help from you SGT people. I have been looking for a 65-66 GT350 next to a 07-08 Shelby GT for quite some time with no luck. If you have one, or several, please post them. There are for reference use only and will not be published anywhere else. Thanks!

Greg

GRH Performance

Greg,

go to this link and then go to the photo gallery. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0704_2007_ford_shelby_gt/index.html

Dave

Son of GT- I am astonished that you would go to that length for me, but it would be greatly appreciated.

Those MT pictures look nice, and I am thankful for the link- but there not quite what I'm looking for. Basically, I need the perspectives to be the same. Hopefully, I am making sense here- just like they did with the newest Challenger comparison. Thanks again.

A few months of looking and within a few hours on this forum you guys are already helping me out! Dang, I missed this place.

Son of GT- I am astonished that you would go to that length for me, but it would be greatly appreciated.

Those MT pictures look nice, and I am thankful for the link- but there not quite what I'm looking for. Basically, I need the perspectives to be the same. Hopefully, I am making sense here- just like they did with the newest Challenger comparison. Thanks again.

A few months of looking and within a few hours on this forum you guys are already helping me out! Dang, I missed this place.

Okay, I'll get on it, but I still suspect that you will get the picture that you are looking for sooner than later. On the other hand, if you want to take the pictures yourself, come on down to El Segundo this coming Saturday the 5th and take all the pictures of the two cars that you want. We're having a car show there and the featured marque is Shelby.

Just a thought.

Hmm, June 5th in El Segundo. That's not too far of drive for me either; not that I mind driving my 08 GT. I will try to be there.

Seriously though- thanks.

You're quite welcome. :salute:

Here's the info about the show; location and time listed.

http://www.automobiledrivingmuseum.org/ed.html

Greg

GRH Performance

This was part of a car show that we were invited to. They paired up old muscle with new. We were paired up with a black 350. You'll have to go thru the photos until you find it.

Photobucket slideshow

twobjshelbys, thank you for those pics. The perspectives were exactly what I was looking for. However, it does seem that the deep draw hood changes the hood shape quite a bit. I don't know why the SGT-H never used the regular hood scoop. And, that GT rear spoiler is horrible- it clashes with those stripes.

dave c, those photos are great, wish I had been there. That car show idea is a step above. It's strange that they keep the hoods open on one of the cars. Looks like they missed the Charger and the Crown Victoria.

I can definitely see similarities in the 05-09 with the early cars.

These were in a magazine article in early 2007... I think maybe Car And Driver?

Jer

112_0704_14z+2007_ford_shelby_GT+right_front_view.jpg

112_0704_15z+2007_ford_shelby_GT+right_overhead_view.jpg

112_0704_19z+2007_ford_shelby_GT+rear_view.jpg

112_0704_14z+2007_ford_shelby_GT+right_front_view.jpg

112_0704_15z+2007_ford_shelby_GT+right_overhead_view.jpg

112_0704_19z+2007_ford_shelby_GT+rear_view.jpg

Thanks Jer, but I believe those are the same ones that were from the link. It was a MT article. IASHELBY, posted it earlier. I appreciate the effort though.

And, I wasn't able to go to the car show. I was fixing a few things at the house. If anyone has pictures of the cars- please post them.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jer, but I believe those are the same ones that were from the link. It was a MT article. IASHELBY, posted it earlier. I appreciate the effort though.

And, I wasn't able to go to the car show. I was fixing a few things at the house. If anyone has pictures of the cars- please post them.

I dont have one at the monent but I will within the next week. My uncle has a 66 GT350 he just finished restoring. He had it out for a car show Monday night but my car was filthy so I didnt take it. I plan on doing so this coming Monday and will post them up after. HIs is white with blue stripes and mine is the white with silver.

My signature picture is a photoshop of a GT-350 with my SGT. But the original picture of the GT 350 looked quite a bit different...i.e. colors and ride height and was never part of the picture of my car on the right.

damn I'm dissappointed about that! I thought that was cool as hell to have a matched pair like that! still a sweet picture though!

It's cool. I'm just glad for the help.

What are the specifics of the kind of shot you are looking for? Let me know and I will do my best. IM actually looking forward to this as well. My uncles car had been in his garage and not on the road since 1970 until he did the resto the past 3 years and got it out in the last month.

3ponies- very nice rides.

Webba, I was looking for comparison shots of the early GT350 to the newer SGT. Some of the Hertz pictures here are good, except that the Hertz uses the 'deep draw' hood. Basically, I would park both cars directly next to and lined up with each other. Then, I would take direct front, side and rear shots to see how the lines of each car looked- avoiding any perspectives that could alter the sizing of the cars. Hopefully, that makes sense. If it's too much hassle- I understand.

Archived