TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stitching on DASH or NO Stitching

ebonyscgt500

:backtotopic:

Lets get back to the Dash stuff.

Who here has the regular dash pad in there Shelby ?

I assume it will look just like the one in out GT/CS.

My Shelby is comming with the regular dash pad.

I'm sorry Grabber, this is kinda on subject....my Shelby has the leather stiched dash BUT what I want to say is it is already suffering from the problems suggested in an earlier post, by the gentleman that works for the dash factory. The finish work is horrible and you can see the felt poking out next to the windshield. Tacky...ALSO my carpet does not go all the way under the pedals. Next week I plan to take it in for these items and get them repaired. The GT had none of these problems....for crying out loud its the same dang floor! Ooops, back to the dash. Low quality leather as well. However, I love my car.

I'm sorry Grabber, this is kinda on subject....my Shelby has the leather stiched dash BUT what I want to say is it is already suffering from the problems suggested in an earlier post, by the gentleman that works for the dash factory. The finish work is horrible and you can see the felt poking out next to the windshield. Tacky...ALSO my carpet does not go all the way under the pedals. Next week I plan to take it in for these items and get them repaired. The GT had none of these problems....for crying out loud its the same dang floor! Ooops, back to the dash. Low quality leather as well. However, I love my car.

Your fine with your topic, it was me and some of the other guys that got off topic.

So your dealer is going to repair your leather dash pad & carpet ?

Well I hope so. Very unsightly stuff and it seems to be a defect. Would be worried if they wanted to take the dash apart. I have looked at the floor of other Shelby's and the carpet issue is the same. For the record, I have not seen an unstiched dash in a Shelby.

Well I hope so. Very unsightly stuff and it seems to be a defect. Would be worried if they wanted to take the dash apart. I have looked at the floor of other Shelby's and the carpet issue is the same. For the record, I have not seen an unstiched dash in a Shelby.

Well, I guess mine will be the 1st one. Rare unit. :hysterical:

When I put my down payment on the car and got this paper it showed the 68S package, and then the dealer lost the DORA and 2 months later when I got the revised DORA, I was focussed on making sure that the Color and stripes and no sirus radio was on there that I forgot about the 68S package. They made a mistake and it did not get picked up by them or me.

Ooh Ooh I love the dead pedal, it keeps me more balanced in the car and more ready for the clutch. How come I can't get my avitar to animate like the GIF file I down loaded it from? :banghead:

.darn, its nice to be needed :happy feet:

Your current avatar is actually a .jpg, so something happened in the transfer to the site. You are also limited to only 100 kb size for the avatar, which is pretty small for an animated gif. If you email me the original animated gif (bosky.john@epa.gov) I will see what I can put together and send it back. I have some software that lets me break it down frame by frame, and also do some automated file size reduction. If you want some special effects, let me know and I will try to set it up if you keep it simple. I am limited by what the software can do, since I am an engineer (think Dilbert) not an artist. :hysterical2:

John

Well, I guess mine will be the 1st one. Rare unit. :hysterical:

When I put my down payment on the car and got this paper it showed the 68S package, and then the dealer lost the DORA and 2 months later when I got the revised DORA, I was focussed on making sure that the Color and stripes and no sirus radio was on there that I forgot about the 68S package. They made a mistake and it did not get picked up by them or me.

Grabber

am I looking at the attachment correctly?

you ordered your car in april 06 and it is supposed to be delivered in Feb 07? What a painful wait you must be having. Trust me it is worth the wait.

I have'nt read every post on the dash stiching but I wonder if the additional stiching was to prvent the leather from lifting over time. Mine looks fine, I'm pleased with the quality.

I'm getting excited for you

LW

Grabber

am I looking at the attachment correctly?

you ordered your car in april 06 and it is supposed to be delivered in Feb 07? What a painful wait you must be having. Trust me it is worth the wait.

I have'nt read every post on the dash stiching but I wonder if the additional stiching was to prvent the leather from lifting over time. Mine looks fine, I'm pleased with the quality.

I'm getting excited for you

LW

My dealer is a small Non PA dealer that entered a lottery last April to get a car. There were 8 cars to split between 13 dealers. I had an E-mail out to this dealership in July and was #1 on there list. They called me and told me that they drew a car in Oct. and that is when I put my money down. I am into my 5th month of waiting.

I will be happy with the regular dash pad. It looks great in the GT's as well.

I got the Interior upgrade on my ebony w/ tungsten and have no complaints about the stitched leather dash wrap. I did notice the cutback on the carpeting under the pedals and was a bit miffed like others on here. But I still love my ride and this was the car I wanted above all others.

The pieces are split because of the curve of the dash, besides have you ever seen a 5 foot long perfect piece of leather on a cow? :hysterical2:

I am going to be happy with the Regular dash. :happy feet:

It is past your bedtime Night Night Boy :hysterical:

The pieces are split because of the curve of the dash, besides have you ever seen a 5 foot long perfect piece of leather on a cow? :hysterical2:

Well fortunatly for Ford, them Nagas have hides up to many yards long.......

Still do not know why some have the vertical seams and some do not. But our dash cover is a nice grade of faux leather(vinyl), not the real stuff as are most of the seats.

I just want to state this fact. ALL manufacturers use some sort of felt (and other misc. types of any rattle materials) on every car built. You need it in alot of cases due to the design of a given product. Its does not matter who is the manufacturer. If you take two pieces of plastic and rub them together (or plastic and metal or any combo of materials), Over time they will squeek or rattle. I believe there is more then one style of anti-rattle pad on the Mustang IP.

I can honestly tell you that every bit was done to make this product the best in terms of squeeks, rattles and most importantly quality (our plant is world class by any measure, Which we are the only plant in the world that can say so in regaurd to IP building). Like the one gentleman said, "You can see the felt by the windshield" Would you rather see that teeny bit of felt or have a squeek or rattle (not flaming just giving and opinion related to the topic for my posts' sake)?

A vendor in Canada glues the material on a normal Mustang "BROW" and then is returned to the Fords IP plant for pre assy.

And FWIW, You will need to remove the entire IP in order to upgrade too, Or down from a leather brow.

Well fortunatly for Ford, them Nagas have hides up to many yards long.......

Still do not know why some have the vertical seams and some do not. But our dash cover is a nice grade of faux leather(vinyl), not the real stuff as are most of the seats.

ALL leather brows have the seams. The ones that do not are straight plastic.

I guess you never seen a Canadian cow, poop dog....20 ft long; 8 ft high; and they weigh 4 tons and that's just the farmers' wife... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical2:

:hysterical2:

So are these dashes faux leather or leather? Do we really know? I can tell from looking at the back, does anyone have a car to donate so I could cut open the dash pad and take a peek?

It's Pleather dog boy. :hysterical2:

• 1 year later...
I've noticed in some pic's of others Dashes, some are Stitched and some are not (checkit out the stitching that runs vertical towards the glass)....which do you have.....mine is the stitched type

Stitched, with red thread. I do not have the Red Appearance Pkg. Though I cheated and replaced all the snakes, trunk letters and 'fuel cap' with the Red ones. ;) It is the fastest color afterall.

Mine only has the red stitching on the steering wheel , and shift boot. The leather dash pad only has black thread, wouldv'e been much nicer with red thread as I also have the red seat inserts.

Was the dash stitching supposed to be red? Mine does have the premium interior upgrade.

Mine only has the red stitching on the steering wheel , and shift boot. The leather dash pad only has black thread, wouldv'e been much nicer with red thread as I also have the red seat inserts.

Was the dash stitching supposed to be red? Mine does have the premium interior upgrade.

I was thinking the same. I have the crimson interior as well and with the stitching on the wheel, shift boot and part of the seats it would have really set it off to have it on not just the dash but the center armrest as well as the door armrest and the rest of the seat and headrest. Oh well, the interior is still bitchin!!!

Archived