TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT500 Kona with Ingot - It's HERE

Mulanzo

Will post pics as soon as I pick it up smile.gif

EXCITED!

CONGRATS!!!

I've been watching TS members car arivals, and I think this makes me the last one cry.gif . Built April 12. Ford says it's scheduled to ship early this week. We'll see.

Will post pics as soon as I pick it up :)

EXCITED!

Congrats! looking forward to seeing the pics!

After I read this I called my dealer hoping mine was in too.....no such luck, but not sure how it works, cuz' mine was "in transit" by rail the exact time yours was.....my dealer is iin Mississauga, so one might assuem that they would have been delivered to the dealers at similar times....?

Well, my dealer said it would be this week.......I guess I can wait a few more days :doh:

Good on you!!! you've been waiting a lot longer than me!!!

Enjoy!!!

I was in such a rush I didn't even write the full color. It's the SVT with the Red stripe and Ingot Accents.... Just beside myself with excitement I guess...

Here she is:

32270_907311049502_28100833_55212307_4213478_n.jpg

32270_907311059482_28100833_55212309_4464399_n.jpg

32270_907311109382_28100833_55212319_1272018_n.jpg

32270_907311119362_28100833_55212320_2228547_n.jpg

32270_907311129342_28100833_55212322_5804613_n.jpg

32270_907311159282_28100833_55212326_4035436_n.jpg

32270_907311189222_28100833_55212329_4122654_n.jpg

32270_907311199202_28100833_55212331_3719322_n.jpg

32270_907311209182_28100833_55212333_3231035_n.jpg

Awesome Car !!! Really like the Kona blue and striping!!!

Thanks for the pics!!

I`ll share mine too when it finally gets to the dealer!

I was in such a rush I didn't even write the full color. It's the SVT with the Red stripe and Ingot Accents.... Just beside myself with excitement I guess...

Awesome looking ride!

So the difficult question is: Who is getting the Garage? The Shelby or the Pantera? ( =

CONGRATS!!!

I've been watching TS members car arivals, and I think this makes me the last one cry.gif . Built April 12. Ford says it's scheduled to ship early this week. We'll see.

Mine is still on it's way too. Should have been here today but didn't get the call from the dealer.

I think this makes me the last one cry.gif . Built April 12. Ford says it's scheduled to ship early this week. We'll see.

Not the case...

I ordered in February and I'm patiently waiting. At least you know yours has been built!

I still don't even have a VIN, build date, anything, but... strangely, I'm okay with all of this.

I have faith that it will arrive soon.

And somehow I'm oddly content to wait for it!

-Pockdog

Awesome looking ride!

So the difficult question is: Who is getting the Garage? The Shelby or the Pantera? ( =

Both ;)

My garage is double deep and there's a hoist in the back for a third victim :)

Pics don't do the color justice...my god it turns heads mwahahahahah!

Thanks peeps. First supercharged car. Scared the complete sh!t out of me when it kicked in. Now I'm addicted :shift:

As you can see, I don't post very often here. But.....I had to jump in here to congratulate you on your BEAUTIFUL car. This is the exact combination I would order, and it is really cool to see it. I love that dark blue. You are correct that it is a hard color to photograph. You will need to get just the right sunlight hit on the car to bring it out. Anyway, thank you for sharing by taking time to post the pics!

Mulanzo, awesome car. I have the same one on order. It is ecpected to be delivered 1 Jul to Holly Springs NC USA. Did you have the Electronics package as well? I have everything except for the glass top. I am currently in Iraq and they are holding it for me at the plant. I do not want the dealer to have it long becasue you know who will touch it. It also looks like we will have a limited run of this color combo, which now that I have seen the pictures, all I can say is WOW. I have never owned a SC myself so this will be a completely new experience for me. If you get a chance I would like to see some pictures of the inside when you get a chance. Again awesome color combination. Now I can not wait to get home to enjoy mine.

Larry

Will post pics as soon as I pick it up :)

EXCITED!

Congrats on the car Mulanzo! Looks fabulous! Nice to read all the comments from people like yourself with all the excitement in your posts.

It also looks like we will have a limited run of this color combo.

Larry

I got 31 of this color combo thus far...that's out of 1,502 coupes to date. So it's definitely unique at this stage.

CONGRATS!!!

I think I have you beat. Mine was built March 30 and still hasn't shipped. Just an observation but all of the TS members that have been getting their car have the SVT PP. Mine is a non PP car. I wonder if they were shipping first.

Congrats, care to make a quick comparo to the Pantera, my wife wants a Pantera pretty bad...just curious...

Beautiful cars...

Both have got plenty of power to boot. The Pantera is stiff as flagpole and rides hard and unyielding, but it turns heads like nothing else. The sound is unmatched in any car I've been In (and I've been in LP640s, tons of Ferraris etc) and it feels like it has more juice than the GT500 (I'm running a 351 Cleveland in there). The engine is also inches away from your back and ears so you feel the crank in your bones and it's a pretty exhilarating feeling. Shifting is a little tough - clutch is heavy and stiff and you gotta put your whole body into it. No power steering so you have to crank that thing to get it even CONSIDER doing what you want it to do. Gates are ultra narrow and more notchy than the already notchy 2011 Shelby. That all said, it rides nice (tons of vibration though) and it's fun to give it a boot and nobody ever sees a Pantera so they're quite a sight for unsuspecting bystanders when you blow their eardrums out. All that said, it's awesome and I love it. The GT500 though... wow. Drives perfect, though a bit of a stiff and hard ride on my Toronto streets (SVT pack) and not all that dissimilar to the Pantera. Turning is fantastic... feels like it has the perfect amount of weight to it and you can put it exactly where you want it when you want it. The engine noise is to die for though the idle is nothing like the Pantera (not that it isn't gorgeous). I just experienced the SC and it was wicked fun. When I saw the boost gauge blip the first time....I had a wave of euphoria come over me....awesome.

That's all I need to say about that. They both have their merits. If it were me...I'd take Shelby but that's because it's mine (Pantera is my dads but I've put my time in behind the wheel...unknown to him ;) )

Did you have the Electronics package as well? I have everything except for the glass top. I am currently in Iraq and they are holding it for me at the plant.

Thanks for all the service over seas. I'm Canadian, but it's a great thing you're doing for your country. It makes ours safe too.

And yep electronics package too. I got the dealer to flash my navigation system to activate the reverse camera feature too (only downside is it boots with the Mustang logo instead of the Cobra logo. :( ) so now I just need to add the camera to the car and it will work through the stock sync system. I didn't get the glass either. Now after having the car for the day, it gets pretty hot in there...you really feel it. I can't imagine what it'd be like with a huge glass roof baking the interior.

I do not want the dealer to have it long becasue you know who will touch it.

Exactly. When I got to the dealership there was a crowd around it admiring the color and asking if it was stock or if I had it special ordered. Prints all over the thing...I had those cleaned up ASAP.

It also looks like we will have a limited run of this color combo, which now that I have seen the pictures, all I can say is WOW.

The color is a head turner for sure. I was hesitant at first..but went with my gut and unwavering dedication to Superman.... and it payed off. It's a striking combo and the red is absolutely not captured well by the camera...it looks more orange and bright....it's much more subdued but it's hot. The silver accents really set it apart as well. The narrow stripes have become a love affair for me now. I thought I might do an aftermarket swap but I ain't going near then now. Love it too much. I wish the pics really showed the car in a good light so you could really see what you're in for when you head back home!

If you get a chance I would like to see some pictures of the inside when you get a chance. Again awesome color combination.

Thanks man, ditto! I will definitely take some interior shots for you. I'll try to adjust my camera to better capture the real color. You're in for a treat dude!

Final thought... oh my sweet GOD I love this car! I was stopped by about a dozen people giving thumbs up and a while bunch of double takes. And another dude walked up to me while I was pumping gas and he told me his wife asked him which was better...the GT500 or the Challenger... haha

Oh and funny story .. my sister was driving behind me and she calls me while we're heading back home and she says " Paul.... The turn signals are funny...they're going nuts whenever you turn..." not knowing about the sequential turn signals... Haha.... She's buying a car because she likes the green it comes in....

Mulanzo,

That sounds great on the inside pictures. I can not wait to see mine and drive it. I am trying to get the information on my production numbers with Blu on another thread here on the site but I have not heard anything as of yet, maybe soon. I would like to get all the information like the rest of the guys if possible.

Larry

Both have got plenty of power to boot. The Pantera is stiff as flagpole and rides hard and unyielding, but it turns heads like nothing else. The sound is unmatched in any car I've been In (and I've been in LP640s, tons of Ferraris etc) and it feels like it has more juice than the GT500 (I'm running a 351 Cleveland in there). The engine is also inches away from your back and ears so you feel the crank in your bones and it's a pretty exhilarating feeling. Shifting is a little tough - clutch is heavy and stiff and you gotta put your whole body into it. No power steering so you have to crank that thing to get it even CONSIDER doing what you want it to do. Gates are ultra narrow and more notchy than the already notchy 2011 Shelby. That all said, it rides nice (tons of vibration though) and it's fun to give it a boot and nobody ever sees a Pantera so they're quite a sight for unsuspecting bystanders when you blow their eardrums out. All that said, it's awesome and I love it. The GT500 though... wow. Drives perfect, though a bit of a stiff and hard ride on my Toronto streets (SVT pack) and not all that dissimilar to the Pantera. Turning is fantastic... feels like it has the perfect amount of weight to it and you can put it exactly where you want it when you want it. The engine noise is to die for though the idle is nothing like the Pantera (not that it isn't gorgeous). I just experienced the SC and it was wicked fun. When I saw the boost gauge blip the first time....I had a wave of euphoria come over me....awesome.

That's all I need to say about that. They both have their merits. If it were me...I'd take Shelby but that's because it's mine (Pantera is my dads but I've put my time in behind the wheel...unknown to him wink.gif )

Thanks! I dig and have driven a few Italians too...but no time i a Pantera at all....nice to get your input! Cheers and congrats again!

Archived