TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Moleskin Felt Tint Protector

Gone !

If you have a 2007 and want to tint your windows you have a problem, the OEM window belt strip on a 2007 will scratch your tint. I bought this but misplaced it and my wife just found it !

I do not need it because once I lost it I went the route of getting 2008 OEM pieces which solved the problem as well.

Mole Skin

How to installation guide

So if you have a 2007 and want to tint your windows you need this and it is Free to any Team Shelby Member who is gonna use it.

First come first serve I posted this in the classified area as well.

Take Care,

Andrew

Thanks for the moleskin link. I've never seen this before. I purchased for my '07 but, of course, will have to get my windows retinted after installing. They are scratched pretty bad.

(Once again I must rant about Ford's decision process. People have been tinting windows for 40 years. I live in Florida and have tinted all my cars over the years, this is the worst scratching I've ever encountered. You can't tell me Ford didn't know that the selected window strip material could scratch aftermarket tint. Of course they did! It was just 10 cents cheaper. C'mon Ford, it's often the little things. Hopefully, you've learned some lessons in the recent auto industry downturn.)

Thanks for the moleskin link. I've never seen this before. I purchased for my '07 but, of course, will have to get my windows retinted after installing. They are scratched pretty bad.

(Once again I must rant about Ford's decision process. People have been tinting windows for 40 years. I live in Florida and have tinted all my cars over the years, this is the worst scratching I've ever encountered. You can't tell me Ford didn't know that the selected window strip material could scratch aftermarket tint. Of course they did! It was just 10 cents cheaper. C'mon Ford, it's often the little things. Hopefully, you've learned some lessons in the recent auto industry downturn.)

The other option instead of moleskin is to replace the Belt w/strip with 2008 OEM ones, I got mine from Silverstatefordparts and they are less than $50 for the 2 sides

part #1 in this diagram and Ford part #8R3Z-6321456-A (Pass. side) and #8R3Z-6321457-A (Drivers side).

web.jpg

Take Care,

Andrew

Andrew,

how are the 2008 strips different? Different material or just better quality?

Dave

It is a completely different the 05- 07 is bare rubber and the 08-09 has felt on the side that touches the glass.

The 2007 is on the left and the 2008 is on the right (I borrowed this photo from someone else post)

SL381349.JPG

Take Care

Andrew

• 2 months later...

The other option instead of moleskin is to replace the Belt w/strip with 2008 OEM ones, I got mine from Silverstatefordparts and they are less than $50 for the 2 sides

part #1 in this diagram and Ford part #8R3Z-6321456-A (Pass. side) and #8R3Z-6321457-A (Drivers side).

web.jpg

Take Care,

Andrew

[/quote}

Just had my windows tinted on my '07 SGT & they look great, so I'm glad I checked out this thread BEFORE I rolled my windows down(lol)......just rec'd my '08-09 window moldings from "silverstateford"(very quickly) & will be installing them soon as per this thread's "video instructions"......Thanks Guys!!

web.jpg

Take Care,

Andrew

[/quote}

Just had my windows tinted on my '07 SGT & they look great, so I'm glad I checked out this thread BEFORE I rolled my windows down(lol)......just rec'd my '08-09 window moldings from "silverstateford"(very quickly) & will be installing them soon as per this thread's "video instructions"......Thanks Guys!!

I just installed these new strips from Silverstateford a couple of weeks ago. A very easy install. I think it took 10 minutes for each side. I removed a few more screws that the video showed because I didn't want to put extra stress on the door panel. I removed the ones on each end as well as the screw behind the door handle. It helps to have a buddy help you. One person to pull on the panel and the other person to pull off the old strip and then put the new one on.

Dave

ame='judgeman6970' date='01 August 2010 - 08:16 PM' timestamp='1280711761' post='1011542']

I just installed these new strips from Silverstateford a couple of weeks ago. A very easy install. I think it took 10 minutes for each side. I removed a few more screws that the video showed because I didn't want to put extra stress on the door panel. I removed the ones on each end as well as the screw behind the door handle. It helps to have a buddy help you. One person to pull on the panel and the other person to pull off the old strip and then put the new one on.

Dave

Just installed my '08-09 felt door strips also.....removed the door handle screws as u mentioned & took no time at all. Great mod thanks to this forum!!

post-25069-12813033627_thumb.jpg

post-25069-12813033627_thumb.jpg

Archived