TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Headlight Covers Add Protection and Style

I finally pulled the trigger on a new mod. I had Alex (vapor08GT500) deliver some headlight covers to the Pacific NW Meet & Greet (Grabberfest). Here's some before, during, and after photos. I did the install myself in about 1/2 hour. It sure adds a stealthy look to the front end.

Before

100_1382.jpg

During

100_1383.jpg

100_1384.jpg100_1385.jpg

After

100_1386.jpg

100_1388.jpg

Thanks Alex! It's good you don't live closer, I would be broke!

SLC

Edited by Spring Lil Cobra

Covers look good. I noticed the windex bottle in front of your car. Windex if used on plastic will eventually fog the plastic due to the alcohol in the product. A little something we make sure not to use on plastic aircraft windows. Soap and water only.

That's a nice mod.- unfortunately it's not legal here in FL either, Florida Highway Patrol has been handing out tickets for those types of things, even on tail lights.

One way most guys stay away from tickets is to run aftermarket HID light kits so they don't lose any visibility at night.

thanks for the replies guys.

how legal these are is up in the air but i do have the factory HID option, should an officer inquire. one thing he/she may hit me for then, should i get pulled over, would be no front plate. i do know that Alex has had these on his previous car and on his new 10 vert. and, should a cop be real firm, i could always take them off right then.

SLC

I run them here in Texas for over a year, never been stopped for them. You guys are too scared. There is some loss of light and I have the factory HID's. If they were standard headlights I wouldn't recommend them.

I live in central Texas and have gotten 2 tickets, one from a DPS Trooper and one local officer. Scared got nothing to do with it, it's cutting into my mod $.

Edited by SGT0128

I live in central Texas and have gotten 2 tickets, one from a DPS Trooper and one local officer. Scared got nothing to do with it, it's cutting into my mod $.

Guess I've been lucky!!! No tickets....something tells me I've just been jinxed.

wow looks very mean! so where exactly can you get these light covers in just that smoked so its not pitch black. ive been looking around but havent been able to find ones that arent pure blacked out. i want to get some like yours pretty much to protect the headlights, turn signals, and fogs. and for the 2010. any help to find these would be appreciated.

wow looks very mean! so where exactly can you get these light covers in just that smoked so its not pitch black. ive been looking around but havent been able to find ones that arent pure blacked out. i want to get some like yours pretty much to protect the headlights, turn signals, and fogs. and for the 2010. any help to find these would be appreciated.

05mustangman:

PM Alex (vapor08GT500). He'll get you what you need.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

SLC

05mustangman:

PM Alex (vapor08GT500). He'll get you what you need.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

SLC

I going to order them to with my blk stang the headlights stand out to much with the chrome grille. I have to say up here in orange county , NY the cops only really bother the ricers. I still can't pass emission and no sticker on the windhield no front plate and super blk windows and rear plate tinted cover.

This kid was complaining he got a ticket for exhaust to loud but he doesn't get it with that coffee can muffler and redlining the tach next to a cop is asking for one.

Thanks Rich for the write up!!! I have been using these for years. I also can have them made in blue, lighter smoke, clear, and yellow. The dark smoke decreases light output by 15-20%. They protect the lights from up to a 1/2 rock and sand. I pulled them off my 07 GT500 that had 74K miles when I sold it and the lights looked brand new still. I have sold over 1000 sets for various Mustangs and have yet to have a complaint. Here is a link to one of my ebay auctions for those of you that want a set with more pictures installed on cars...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280513107935&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Alex

I just added pics of my 10 GT500 to the ebay listing from the Grabber cruise for those of you with 10's and 11's....I drove 2200 miles, mostly at night, and didn't have any trouble seeing, even on back roads....

Alex

Just about any Automotive window tinting business can get you what you need. I'm just not sure if they'll sell you the film without installation or not.

But if you want to install headlight/foglight tint yourself, there is a guy on e-bay who sells "LASER cut" tinting film for the GT500's.

HTH,

Phill

Just about any Automotive window tinting business can get you what you need. I'm just not sure if they'll sell you the film without installation or not.

But if you want to install headlight/foglight tint yourself, there is a guy on e-bay who sells "LASER cut" tinting film for the GT500's.

HTH,

Phill

Phil,

The kits that I sell are not window tinting film at all. This is much thicker 30 mil plastic and will protect the light from up to a 1/2 inch rock. I tried the tint kits, static cling kits etc and they are all junk...anyone that has bought these kits from me has loved them...not one complaint in over 1000 kits sold...

Alex

Phil,

The kits that I sell are not window tinting film at all. This is much thicker 30 mil plastic and will protect the light from up to a 1/2 inch rock. I tried the tint kits, static cling kits etc and they are all junk...anyone that has bought these kits from me has loved them...not one complaint in over 1000 kits sold...

Alex

Oh, I did not realize you sold the light tinting kits.

I'm interested in a set for the headlamps and the round (fog?) lamps below them. I assume what you sell is a pre-cut (4-pc) set?

Do you have a site/URL?

Thanks,

Phill

Hi Phil,

No problem. I make them in clear, blue, yellow, light smoke, and dark smoke. Here is a link to my listing on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280513107935&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Alex