TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gear swap

svt2010

I just joined and have a 2010 and I was thinking about changing to a 3:73 would this be worth it or go to a 4:10 ? I was wondering how the rpm's would be at highway speeds ?

Thanks

I wouldn't bother switching out gears unless you were staying around stock power levels and tracking the car a bunch.

I wouldn't bother switching out gears unless you were staying around stock power levels and tracking the car a bunch.

Hello, I plan on changing the blower and running it at the track when the weather cools down.Not sure on what blower yet??

Hello, I plan on changing the blower and running it at the track when the weather cools down.Not sure on what blower yet??

Then stick with the stock gears for now. See how the car feels with the new blower. If at that point you feel like you want to swap then do it.

As it stands now with just the 2.6 pulley/tune first gear comes and goes quick.

I had a 2006 Saleen Extreme with a 6 speed manual and 4.10s. First gear was pretty much non existent. Needless to say Saleen moved back to 3.73s in future model years for drive-ability purposes.

You need to take any future tire sizes into consideration. If you go with 20" wheels, you could end up with an effective gear ratio in the 3.30's if you stick with the stock 3.55 gears.

I have 315/35-20 tires with 4.10 gears and my effective ratio becomes about 3.80. In my opinion, this is THE PEFECT GEAR for this car. 1st and 2nd gears are usable, 3rd and 4th gears will take your breath away, and you can tell 5th and 6th gears are actually two different gears.

Archived