TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CAR and DRIVER 2011 GT500 Road Test

(LOL) I'm the '11 guy in the above equation with a 150 pound friend with a '10. How much hp can I gain by losing 50 pounds? :doh:

Well, I could stand to loose some weight and, weight loss at any point is good. Some places are better than others. Didnt mean to say it doest make any difference. Now, If you sat over the front wheels :hysterical:

I've seen a 2010 GT500 with the FR3 suspension and proper track tire walk away from a 2011 on a road course (could have been the driver that made the difference). Also if a guy does a tubular k-member and front control arms along with relocating the battery to the trunk you can shave close to 80 lbs off the front of the car. I'd like to see a stock 2010 against a 2011 non PP car for comparisons sake. It only makes sense that with each evolution of the GT500 it improves.

First, I thought we were discussing stock to stock and you could always add improvements to the 11 model, what then ?

What are the new improvements on the 12 model ?

Recaro's and the SVT package is the same yet costs more.

Haven't seen it confirmed yet, but the 2012 GT, BOSS & V6 are all getting selectable EPAS now.. 3 stages - Comfort, Normal, Sport.. which I think would be an awesome change.. Hoping that if all other models get it, gt500 will too.

Haven't seen it confirmed yet, but the 2012 GT, BOSS & V6 are all getting selectable EPAS now.. 3 stages - Comfort, Normal, Sport.. which I think would be an awesome change.. Hoping that if all other models get it, gt500 will too.

The 11 has that already

The 11 has that already

do you have a link or anything I can read? I havent seen that anywhere for gt500 yet.. and as far as I know its only for 2012 models also..

I don't mean just the EPAS system, I'm specifically talking about the 3 effort levels..

Archived