TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Greetings from SW Michigan!

Thor.

I just purchased a new 2011 Shelby GT500 Convertible - my "Bucket List" car! I was intending to order a 2011 GT/CS Convertible, but this beauty arrived and my salesman called me to come in to look it over since it was very similar to what my order was going to be (amazing coincidence!). As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it. Unexpectedly, my wife agreed and we became the excited owners of the car. I have had the car for just over a week now and am amazed at how much attention it gets both on the road and in the parking lot. Everybody wants to look at it and it seems like everybody wants to race it. I have been (reluctantly) holding back until I put 1000 miles on it, so I really haven't experienced full throttle yet. I want to do all I can to preserve this car without diminishing its value, both monetarily and esthetically so I would like some feedback on the advisability of have aftermarket paint sealant (is it even needed?), rust proofing (the holes!) and undercoating (all that black goo on those great Shelby parts…). This is an outstanding vehicle and I am very pleased to own it.

Congrats on the car! I hate to tell you this but it already lost value when you drove it off the lot. There has been a few conversations on here as to what these car are worth and when they will start gaining value with nothing but guesses. Considering the original Shelby's of the sixties took 30 - 40 years it's safe to say it will be a while. I suggest drive it on nice days, enjoy the looks and be proud to say "yep, that's my car" and be careful for when you finally decide to mash the pedal!

Archived