TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Super Snake at Carlisle, PA., Ford Nationals

If anyone plans on being at the Carlisle Ford Nationals 4-6 June, I was invited to display my 427 NASCAR SS in BLDG T (in door display); hope to meet some of you forum members there.

Carlisle puts on an exellent show and you can see 100's of very rare cars. A 91 year old lady who has over 600,000 miles on her original owned four door Mercury Comet Caliente will be there! That Granny gives me a lot of hope to continue attending Ford events for a long time!

And obviously a whole array of modern and classic Muscle will be there. FOMOCO brings a few trailers full of their new cars that you can test drive!

Hope to see you there!

Jim

If anyone plans on being at the Carlisle Ford Nationals 4-6 June, I was invited to display my 427 NASCAR SS in BLDG T (in door display); hope to meet some of you forum members there.

Carlisle puts on an exellent show and you can see 100's of very rare cars. A 91 year old lady who has over 600,000 miles on her original owned four door Mercury Comet Caliente will be there! That Granny gives me a lot of hope to continue attending Ford events for a long time!

And obviously a whole array of modern and classic Muscle will be there. FOMOCO brings a few trailers full of their new cars that you can test drive!

Hope to see you there!

Jim

I'll be there thurs thru sun,,,I'll stop by & say hi !! Chris

Hope to see you there!

Jim

Rachel Veitch, a true American treasure. Don't mess with her cuz this 91 year old packs heat, AND you better know how to recite the Pledge of Allegiance too!

Story 1 about Rachel and her car "Chariot" as of 2007.

http://growingbolder.com/media/technology/vehicles/romancing-the-road-259598.html

Story 2, a follow up story about Rachel and "Chariot" as of February, 2010...

http://growingbolder.com/media/technology/vehicles/rachel-veitch-international-575909.html

Congratulatons on the honor of having your car displayed front and center at Carlisle, Jim!

Rachel Veitch, a true American treasure. Don't mess with her cuz this 91 year old packs heat, AND you better know how to recite the Pledge of Allegiance too!

http://growingbolder.com/media/technology/vehicles/romancing-the-road-259598.html

http://growingbolder.com/media/technology/vehicles/rachel-veitch-international-575909.html

Congratulatons on the honor of having your car displayed front and center at Carlisle, Jim!

Thanks "Son of GT!" That lady Rachel is amazing! And her Comet's engine supposidly has never been rebuit; that is incredible! The wide array of cars at the show is superb, and this year car registrations for show, and what have you are up 33% as compared to last year resluting in a blow out!

Take care,

Jim

Hope to see you there!

Jim

I plan on coming out on Saturday, I'll stop buy and say Hi, congrats on being asked to show the SS.

you have alot of good company in Building T, couple Model A's, Ford GT prototype, 40th anniversary GT500, Bullrun Season 3 -Mach 1, and some other neat vehicle

I was heading to this show, until I got the bad news Tuesday that I have to work on Saturday :banghead::banghead:

Also a Don Prudhomme SS is supposed to be displayed somewhere

you have alot of good company in Building T, couple Model A's, Ford GT prototype, 40th anniversary GT500, Bullrun Season 3 -Mach 1, and some other neat vehicle

I was heading to this show, until I got the bad news Tuesday that I have to work on Saturday :banghead::banghead:

Also a Don Prudhomme SS is supposed to be displayed somewhere

Matt,

That stinks! I will take pics. Yes, a Prudhomme SS will be there. It's gonna be a blast!

Jim

Hope to see you there!

Jim

Congrats Jim! Can I ask how does one get "invited" to the bldg T display? Do you apply for the display or is it from the pre-registered cars?

I'll be there with the King.

Andy

Hope to see you there!

Jim

Congrats Jim, I'll be there friday night till sunday.. cya then

Congrats Jim! Can I ask how does one get "invited" to the bldg T display? Do you apply for the display or is it from the pre-registered cars?

Andy

I dont know if this helps, but how the Mach 1 from the TV show bullrun got invited, he (tony) emailed the people at Carlisle about his car........and he got invited to Building T

Andy

Hi Andy,

Sounds great Andy; looking forward to meeting you. I have had cars at the Carlisle shows before (Chrysler Nationals) and I told the Ford event coordinator about the Snake and he asked if I would bring it up this year. If you visit the Carlisle web site, and view each Carlisle event, you can fill out an application to register your car for the display. That's how I was selected to show my MOPARS. Your car does not have to be new, or that unique, etc., because the theme changes every year. This year Carlisle event coordinators decided to show case some of the first Model T cars built and they sit right next to the modern Super Snakes, etc.

Jim

Hi Andy,

Sounds great Andy; looking forward to meeting you. I have had cars at the Carlisle shows before (Chrysler Nationals) and I told the Ford event coordinator about the Snake and he asked if I would bring it up this year. If you visit the Carlisle web site, and view each Carlisle event, you can fill out an application to register your car for the display. That's how I was selected to show my MOPARS. Your car does not have to be new, or that unique, etc., because the theme changes every year. This year Carlisle event coordinators decided to show case some of the first Model T cars built and they sit right next to the modern Super Snakes, etc.

Jim

Jim,

The Super Snake looked awesome with all the other old Fords. What was even better was listening to comments as people walked by.....many were completed astonished!

Chris

Jim,

The Super Snake looked awesome with all the other old Fords. What was even better was listening to comments as people walked by.....many were completed astonished!

Chris

Chris,

A real pleasure meeting you Devil Dog! Thanks for your service to our country and thanks for the comments. I met a lot of very nice people from this forum and folks who just were thrilled to see an amazing car.

The Snake represented Mr. Shelby's 45 years of collaberation with FOMOCO; IMO the 2007 Snakes and beyond are the icons of Modern Muscle cars.

I did read an article yesterday in Shelby Forums where Mr. Shelby was quoted as saying 2011 may be the last year for building cars like the GT350 and I assume the Super Snake as well. He said there was no money in it, and that he would concentrate on the Shelby line of performance parts (less overhead). SAI has laid off 40% of their staff this year because of a reduced profit margin with the economy and all. I imagine the Las Vegas facility has a huge operating cost. I will post that article in a new thread.

Jim

It was good meeting yesterday JIm, I hope your ride home was uneventful! (no rain that is)

Beautiful car bud enjoy

Doug

Hey Doug!

Ditto; I really enjoyed chatting with you and some other forum members; thanks for visiting.

The weather man was reporting hail for Carlisle, so I booked early at 1230. The drive up to carlisel took six hours from Washington DC. I made it back in three hours today; very little rain going south.

Your avatar is one of the choicest on the forum! :hysterical: LOLOL!

I'll post pics later.

Take care,

Jim

Hey Doug!

Ditto; I really enjoyed chatting with you and some other forum members; thanks for visiting.

The weather man was reporting hail for Carlisle, so I booked early at 1230. The drive up to carlisel took six hours from Washington DC. I made it back in three hours today; very little rain going south.

Your avatar is one of the choicest on the forum! :hysterical: LOLOL!

I'll post pics later.

Take care,

Jim

Yes pictures please, Jim!

Ditto, your car displayed well & looked awsome!

Chris

Thx Chris!

See pics. There were 100's of Mustangs early Ford cars dating back to 1907!!! I was told that 55,000 plus Ford afficienados attended! The biggest crowd yet this year!

Jim

post-20207-127596555148_thumb.jpg

post-20207-127596566629_thumb.jpg

post-20207-12759656948_thumb.jpg

post-20207-127596573576_thumb.jpg

post-20207-127596578008_thumb.jpg

post-20207-127596555148_thumb.jpg

post-20207-127596566629_thumb.jpg

post-20207-12759656948_thumb.jpg

post-20207-127596573576_thumb.jpg

post-20207-127596578008_thumb.jpg

She is a pisser........got her autograph and chatted for a while......what a gal!

Momma Ford.jpg

Momma Ford.jpg

Archived