TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Traction Super snake wheels and tires

Yup basically did that. Getting the 315/35's would leave me with 1.5" wheel well gap (vertical), but would stick out either side of the rim another 15 mm or 0.60".

Yes, that is about what I figured, without doing any specific calculations....................1/2"+ (13mm+) additional bulge inside and outside. If 1/2"-3/4" sticking out is not a big deal to you for outside tire/wheel profile, you should be ready to proceed.

R

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I installed the tires...315/35R20 in rear. Guess what, when I hit a dip or bump, the fender edge barely rubs...but it does, briefly.

CRAP! I guess I'm going to have to sell these and buy 295's.

So...cheapest I could find like tire rack is 461 for each tire plus shipping! That was 922 + shipping! I will take offers for my 2 rear tires, almost all the tread is left. I measured 6/32, and the tires new are 7/32.

I will take 600 + shipping for these two tires just because I want to sell quick and order my new ones.

The minor rubbing has not hurt the tire, I am removing them before that occurs. Just the very outside, almost where the tire starts to curve down. If only my wheels were inset another 1/4" !!!

Unless someone knows of a remedy I can do to either lift my car 1/2" or limit the downward movement that much, I have to get different sizes!!!

So...who wants to buy these? Michelin Pilot Super Sports! I must say, they hook up great so I'm gonna get the same brand, but just 295's which will be 7mm shorter and they will not stick out sideways as much.

michelin.jpg

Well, I installed the tires...315/35R20 in rear. Guess what, when I hit a dip or bump, the fender edge barely rubs...but it does, briefly.

CRAP! I guess I'm going to have to sell these and buy 295's.

So...cheapest I could find like tire rack is 461 for each tire plus shipping! That was 922 + shipping! I will take offers for my 2 rear tires, almost all the tread is left. I measured 6/32, and the tires new are 7/32.

I will take 600 + shipping for these two tires just because I want to sell quick and order my new ones.

The minor rubbing has not hurt the tire, I am removing them before that occurs. Just the very outside, almost where the tire starts to curve down. If only my wheels were inset another 1/4" !!!

Unless someone knows of a remedy I can do to either lift my car 1/2" or limit the downward movement that much, I have to get different sizes!!!

So...who wants to buy these? Michelin Pilot Super Sports! I must say, they hook up great so I'm gonna get the same brand, but just 295's which will be 7mm shorter and they will not stick out sideways as much.

michelin.jpg

That extra height between the 30 series and 35 series tires makes a big difference and when the wheels are offset like yours (Alcoa's too) there are multiple items to consider when fitting tires.

By chance did you take pictures of the 315/35's mounted on your rims?

R

That extra height between the 30 series and 35 series tires makes a big difference and when the wheels are offset like yours (Alcoa's too) there are multiple to consider when fitting tires.

By chance did you take pictures of the 315/35's mounted on your rims?

R

Yes I do have pictures of them on my rims...I'll post when I get home later tonight.

Yes, they stick out about 1/2". Here are my choices as I see them

1) Sell these tires, pay difference for the 295's. Lose some money.

2) Keep tires, and try one of those coil spring isolators. From what I can tell they may add up to 1/2" height (bottom of spring).

http://energysuspension.com/universal-products/shock-boots-coil-spring-isolators.html

3) Get some adjustable rear shocks?

I think right now I am leaning towards selling this pair of tires. I'm not sure the coil isolators would work...any thoughts on that? They are very cheap, like 20 bucks. Might be worth a shot? Or should I just go for better shocks.

I only have a GT500...so I wonder if those Tokico D specs would be BETTER than my SVTPP?

Yes, they stick out about 1/2". Here are my choices as I see them

1) Sell these tires, pay difference for the 295's. Lose some money.

2) Keep tires, and try one of those coil spring isolators. From what I can tell they may add up to 1/2" height (bottom of spring).

http://energysuspension.com/universal-products/shock-boots-coil-spring-isolators.html

3) Get some adjustable rear shocks?

I think right now I am leaning towards selling this pair of tires. I'm not sure the coil isolators would work...any thoughts on that? They are very cheap, like 20 bucks. Might be worth a shot? Or should I just go for better shocks.

I only have a GT500...so I wonder if those Tokico D specs would be BETTER than my SVTPP?

I would sell the 315/35's and do 295's. Jacking the car up to clear tires is not the ideal situation when the goal it to get these cars lower.

I would list those tires on eBay and add Challenger and Charger to the search listing search since they are available with 20's.

R

Archived