TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Has Anyone Else Seen The 2010 5.0?

dr56099

I went to the track a couple of nights ago, and a guy had a 2010 5.0 with stock tires and he was running 12.6's consistently. Now I expected they would be quick, but when I checked this link to verify his claim of being "totally stock" (http://www.mustangblog.com/blog/1044986_evolution-performance-claims-first-2011-mustang-gt-5-0-in-the-11s), it's even quicker than I would have expected.

I just thought I'd warn anyone contemplating mixing it up with one of these, and thinking it would be an easy kill. I just don't understand how they can hook up so well on roughly half the tire we run on the 500's. Anyway, it was an impressive show for the new stang.

I test-drove a 2011 GT, automatic, today and was very impressed. The handling is superb and the performance, even with the 315 rear end gearing was impressionable. It is a well rounded automobile. The new California Special with a six-speed and the 375 gearing would be my Mustang of choice. A killer, good-looking car.

A 2010 5.0 running 12's, that is impressive considering Ford didn't start selling 5.0 until the 2011 model year!

Sorry I know you ment 2011. I'm just giving you a hard time.

LOL, that's okay. I think my head was still spinning after watching that thing run rampant. Thanks. :-)

A 2010 5.0 running 12's, that is impressive considering Ford didn't start selling 5.0 until the 2011 model year!

Sorry I know you ment 2011. I'm just giving you a hard time.

When I read the title I was thinking What the HAY as well hysterical.gif

Archived