TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 and 2011 GT500 Exhaust Differences

Radical08

Looking to see what was changed on the 2011 vs 2010. I'm thinking the only thing are the mufflers from what I see.

2010 has;

cast iron manifolds

x pipe

what ever mufflers

not sure if it's considered tuned or not

Don't know about the stock exhaust system, or what performance differences there might be. I can tell the 2011 aftermarket is a whole different ball game, a 2010 and earlier set up will not fit on a 2011.

The only company I know of that has a 2011 system is American Racing. We, they, us had fun learning that one the hard way, you might want to contact them.

jim

One big change is the move from 2.5" to 2.75".

Do you know if that is from manifold all the way back? Wanting to install the "KR" axle backs (M-5320-SA). They gonna fit?

Do you know if that is from manifold all the way back? Wanting to install the "KR" axle backs (M-5320-SA). They gonna fit?

I would put money on it. They wouldn't go to a bigger exhaust for just part of it as the 2.5" portion would restrict it in a way to negate the benefit of going with 2.75". That one area would be a choke point and negate the rest. I would expect there will be KR type options and others for the 2011s once more of them make it into the hands of owners.

• 9 months later...

Don't know about the stock exhaust system, or what performance differences there might be. I can tell the 2011 aftermarket is a whole different ball game, a 2010 and earlier set up will not fit on a 2011.

The only company I know of that has a 2011 system is American Racing. We, they, us had fun learning that one the hard way, you might want to contact them.

jim

Jim - What about putting a 2011 exhaust on the 07-09's.

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that the KR's, part #M-5320-SA, will not fit on a 2011 gt500. i found that out the hard way when i purchased them, got the car on the lift and noticed the different hanger positions and ball type joints on the stock pipes. also, the 2011's have a stock H-pipe. Hope this helps....

Archived