TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Talk About Your S-GT

ShelbyPilot

...I'm getting closer to my obsession. I paid for my SAI mods today: CS hood, supercharger, instrument cluster, driving lights, lower grill, brake ducts, engine dress up kit, and brake package. I am expecting a call this Monday to schedule the Museum Delivery.

PSDS in overdrive. :shift:

Way to go SOCAL, Take Pics............

CLINK

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...I'm getting closer to my obsession. I paid for my SAI mods today: CS hood, supercharger, instrument cluster, driving lights, lower grill, brake ducts, engine dress up kit, and brake package. I am expecting a call this Monday to schedule the Museum Delivery.

PSDS in overdrive. :shift:

Awesome man!

I will have to pick mine up at the end of May due to missions we have ongoing here, but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can't wait to see pictures of yours. We have both waited a long time for this.

:happy feet:

Update 5/3/07:

Talked to John W. My car is on the rack with a lot of pieces off so other pieces can go on. The brake ducting is on, the blower is on, and the other peices are close by. I am expecting another update on Monday. He gave me an expected delivery date but I am going to hold off until confirmed.

PSDS is in such overdrive that my wife has been asking if I have an update three times a day.

PS.

He slipped and gave me the CSM.......#187.

new update.....car isn't ready yet....I am told soon, blah, blah, blah

HOWEVER, My wheels did arrive today. Direct from the American Racing factory to my door. a set of silver American Racing GT 40, some call them 40th Anniversary wheels. The look awesome, the size is a bit striking. The front came as 20" X 9" and the rear came as 20" X 10.5". Those who pay attention will note that isn't the sizes I was expecting. I called EVO and he said there will not be a fit problem. We will see. There is a photo below. Sorry if it is a bit big but I am trying to figure out how to post pics from my camera.

IMG_0511.jpg

new update.....car isn't ready yet....I am told soon, blah, blah, blah

HOWEVER, My wheels did arrive today. Direct from the American Racing factory to my door. a set of silver American Racing GT 40, some call them 40th Anniversary wheels. The look awesome, the size is a bit striking. The front came as 20" X 9" and the rear came as 20" X 10.5". Those who pay attention will note that isn't the sizes I was expecting. I called EVO and he said there will not be a fit problem. We will see. There is a photo below. Sorry if it is a bit big but I am trying to figure out how to post pics from my camera.

IMG_0511.jpg

Me likey... :happy feet:

Well, it is that time. I am walking out the door after I click 'Add Reply'. I am picking up Shelby GT #187 tomorrow morning at SAI. My wife and I are going to drive by Lake Mead, across Hoover Dam, into Kingman and then take Route 66 home. I want to avoid I-15 construction and the scenic drive will be a nice break in for the engine. After sleeping in my car in the garage on Friday night I will try to post pictures and impressions this weekend. No promises. :shift:

Later All,

Chris

A few personal touches added to Precious. Tail light trim:

IMG_0598.jpg

14" Antenna:

IMG_0602.jpg

American Racing, Shelby Legend GT40 wheels, 20" diameter, front 9" wide 255/35, rear 10.5" wide 275/30 Toyo T1R:

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

More to come in the next few days (I Hope).

All right Crispy here is my report. Sorry I am not the best story teller.

I simply love this car. The look is awesome. I have things exactly the way I want and it's fun. It is certainly quick enough for me. The supercharger kicks in around 2700 RPM. The car gets out of the hole with the 325 horses and then if you keep your foot in the pedal at 2700 RPM you get a second rush. It makes me think of the Millenium Falcon going into hyperspace. It corners very well but I haven't gotten it anywhere that I know the corners and can push it. With the racing suspension it is a bit rough and bumpy. My wife told me I need to buy here a neck collar. She also said, I need to give her earplugs because the exhaust is too loud for her. Either I am deaf or I just love the sound because I don't know what she is talking about. I haven't tested the brakes yet. I am changing them but also I have been braking very early to give myself plenty of room.

How much horsepower do we need? I was reading an editoral in Modified Mustang and the writer was asking this very question. He and another staffer were test driving a GT500. He said there were plenty of white knuckle moments in the car. They were able to get the tires spinning and the rear end kicking out in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears- and this was with traction control on!

He felt the car would be great for the occasional outing, but as a daily driver it left much to be desired.

For a daily driver is this what people really want? When the specs came out on the new Bullitt I was like most people on these forums. I was disappointed that it wasn't around 400hp.

But now I'm really re-thinking that. Most people don't want that kind of power, nor can they handle it.

Ford will have an easier go selling a 312hp car- it will appeal to a much wider base of buyer.

I think in these forums we lose sight of the real world. In truth we don't make up a very large segment of Mustang owners. It's doubtful that are needs and wants are really very much in line with what most people need and want.

I drive my 05 GT daily and drive it year round (even in the winter). I want a nice ride- not a super stiff suspension because the car has been lowered. I love the sound of the GT exhaust- so I don't need or want something louder. And in truth 300hp is all I need- and I probably don't REALLY need that, but I do enjoy it. Next week I will be adding a FRPP cold air intake and that will boost hp a bit- and that should be all I will need.

I added a couple more touches today. Steeda Hood Struts, painted Ebony to match:

IMG_0617.jpg

Shelby/Baer brake package. Look for a thread in the Modification Forum for more photos:

Front:

IMG_0615.jpg

Rear:

IMG_0616.jpg

....I just realized I forgot one more touch, maybe tomorrow.

• 2 months later...

Well after getting Precious back from a performance shop I think I am finally nearly complete with the modifications I want. Over the last week, I had colder range spark plugs installed and the computer retuned. A Dyno run on California's summer blend of 91 octane produced 441 HP and 399 pounds of torque. The tuner also bumped the rev limiter up to 6500 and removed the 145 MPH speed limiter. They also installed a set of Granatelli Street upper and lower control arms. Lastly, I had a Fays2 watts link installed. See my post in those topical thread for the details.

My mirrors should have left Virgina today after being painted Ebony ( I hope) too match the car. The mirrors will probably be the finishing touch.

I have a couple of blemishes to fix. I have the pieces in hand and just have to make an appointment for one. After that Precious is DONE........

...well I had one more thought today and am looking for ideas. :idea: With the 145 MPH speed limiter removed, I got the wonderful idea of changing the speedomter!

The criteria, a new speedometer has to read more then our stock speedometer's 145MPH and be compatiable with the "my color" feature. I think the GT500s goes up to 165MPH But does it have GT500 or SVT on it? I am going to look for other vendors, ideas? Should I change the speedometer or will that detract from the Shelby heritage? If I do the speedometer should I switch the speedometer and tachometer's places?

........oh bugger, will it ever truly be complete?!

• 1 month later...
I just added the last piece ( ;) )to Precious:

download067.jpg

download068.jpg

Also, I am not sure if I ever mentioned that I purged my phot album and added some new pictures. Check the link in my signature.

PS.

I do have a list of things I still want to do but I recently received a stern warning. :banghead:

Nice looking Shelby/SC, you have done a nice job of picking the right upgrades while keeping its Shelby Heritage. Where did you get the intake manifold cover? Was that part of the SC upgrade or is it available as a seperate part? I have a White Shelby GT and I do not like that they removed the manifold cover, it looks unfinished to me.

Thanks!

Young thank you for the compliment. Did they remove a cover when they built the Shelby GT? I didn't know that but if they did it is probably because the plenum cover doesn't fit under the strut tower brace. You can make it work with washers but the brace doesn't lie flat on the inner fender and I think may put too much stress on the strut mounting bolts. I put the strut tower brace on for shows. I don't want to risk damage to the plenum cover. It cost about $500 to complete.

I ordered the cover from midwestautogear.com and then sent it to Mr. Shelby's foundation for the signature.

Young thank you for the compliment. Did they remove a cover when they built the Shelby GT? I didn't know that but if they did it is probably because the plenum cover doesn't fit under the strut tower brace. You can make it work with washers but the brace doesn't lie flat on the inner fender and I think may put too much stress on the strut mounting bolts. I put the strut tower brace on for shows. I don't want to risk damage to the plenum cover. It cost about $500 to complete.

I ordered the cover from midwestautogear.com and then sent it to Mr. Shelby's foundation for the signature.

The stock GT manifold cover is removed when the car is sent to Shelby because it does not fit underneath the strut tower brace. I could not tell from the pictures if the one you added fit or not. So, I guess I will stick with the way it looks for now. I am showing my car as well and I do not want to make any changes that detract but I do want to enhance it as you have.

Thought I would post some pics of the build of #5322. It should be completed the middle of next week and scheduled for shipment. I do not have the finished product pics yet but will post as soon as I do get them.

Roger6.jpg

Roger10.jpg

Roger9.jpg

Roger16.jpg

Roger13.jpg

Very nice Ross.

IMO all the SCGT's should of come with a Super Charger. It really makes the car fun, and gives it the extra boost that it needs.

You have a very nice ride in the making. Very nice indeed. :happy feet:

Very nice Ross.

IMO all the SCGT's should of come with a Super Charger. It really makes the car fun, and gives it the extra boost that it needs.

You have a very nice ride in the making. Very nice indeed. :happy feet:

Thank you for your comments. I do believe the same on the SC. It has been a long road to get it to this point. Then the real fun begins...............completing the remainder of the mod list. :beerchug:

Here is a major mod I am waiting for. A GT500 steering wheel wrapped in carbon fiber and the thin "Red" line is Amazon Basin "Bloodwood" inserted between the carbon fiber.

shelby_carb01.jpg

shelby_carb02.jpg

Archived