TEAM SHELBY FORUM

OK.......2011 Shelby GT500 Onwers......First impressions???

Icebourg

Brought here home today,,,,,,,,,

Mufflers sound great.....................even better under acceleration. More nimble than I had expected especially for a vert, feels solid, no cowl shake or rattles, the steering is nicely programmed it acctually went around a 4 cone slalom well no squealing no fuss, the steering was "Euro style"......... :happy feet:

Engine responds quickly, if you dont want to burn off in first just short shift plenty of torque. hardly any engine noise, very little tire noise a bit of wind noise. Wonderful exhaust sound(I think I said that).

No doubt, we are glad we did not purchase the 2010 we drove in jan, the improvements here are worth it, a nice package.

First impression is Holy F---

More later.

Heh, I knew that was coming!!

Your car is sweeet Bart!! Grats Bud!! :happy feet: Was really cool meeting you and your wife as you were picking it up!!

2011 M3 is faster than a 2011 Shelby GT500...........Say it aint so!!!!!! I had a 2005 C6 Z51 Performance Package with a 6-Speed Manual Trans. A friend of mine had a 2009 BMW M3. AH........no-match. My 2005 C6 ran 12.60's at 115 in the quarter mile. I hope the 2011 Shelby GT500 is faster than that.

No doubt, we are glad we did not purchase the 2010 we drove in jan, the improvements here are worth it, a nice package.

Funny about different strokes for different folks - I was just thinking I'm glad I didn't wait for a 2011.

All awesome cars, just different things appeal to different people.

Funny about different strokes for different folks - I was just thinking I'm glad I didn't wait for a 2011.

All awesome cars, just different things appeal to different people.

Yup, in our case we were fortunate the 2010 came when the specs for the 2011 were released. The dealer had forgotten to order the hid and stripes on the 2010, so we passed.

It is a different situation if you already own a 10 and wondered the cost to go to an 11.....probably not worth it. In our case it was good information and good fortune............................Now that I have driven both within a few weeks of each other, I am glad I waited.

Traded my 2010 for a 2011 with SVT. Love it but got smoked by a new 2011 BMW M3. I know the BMW has an automatic transmission which surly shifts much better than I do...

Can't let that happen. redcard.gif

You have almost 135HP on an M3.

Look at this thread where they compare the M3 to a regular Mustang GT:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/55816-2011-mustang-gt-vs-bmw-m3/page__hl__2011%20M3

Welcome to Team Shelby. Did you buy it off the floor from Walnut Creek Ford? If so, I hate to say it but I have actually sat in your car. I went there two weeks ago in my GT500 with the possibility of a trade in mind. However, I decided not to because I actually love the SVT stripes and want them if and when I go for a 2011.

If you are in the East Bay, there are a couple other GT500 owners right around the corner. Let's do a meet and greet one of the next coming weekends....if possible.

Congrats on the purchase!

Jim

I'm in Pacheco, near Concord, CA.

Don't have my car yet but when it comes, I'll meet if I can.

-Pockdog

Archived