TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New interior

Looks good Racer. Is this the dye you said you were going to try?

I used 2 cans of vht vinyl @ fabric spray wiped down with alcohol and then washed them down with dish detergent hose off

Hose off seats sat them out to dry hardest part was taping the seats up. The spray dries quick and then did a scratch test

Test and no peeling or marks the only problem was the shift boot it cracked a bit went to heavy. But will in days to come If

it peels or cracks.

Working of blackberry also pulled my grille on the truck sprayed it with chrome. Paint look like it was dipped

Will post picks of it.

Be safe

post-18733-127488323761_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127488323761_thumb.jpg

Painted seats..........................interesting.

:dogwalk:

Those are some "big" pictures. Can you take some different ones with a little better resolution?

That would be like you asking me to do brain surgery. !! I'm lucky to know how to log on but if you like give me your address and I'll stop by and never leave. :hysterical: If you call the cops, I'll tell them that I have been living there for over 30 days and you have to go to court to get me out. :drool::shift:

Those are some "big" pictures. Can you take some different ones with a little better resolution?

Ok here's a retake of the photo's, I had to call my local Chinese take out and had the delivery guy take the photo's for me. He didn't want any money but he kept saying you have nice dog. :hysterical: I take dog OK ?? I said no he says you have cat :hysterical:

post-18733-127518662414_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127518672124_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127518677225_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127518662414_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127518672124_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127518677225_thumb.jpg

Looks good!!! Any chance of a how to in the future??? Keep us posted on the durability of the paint...

Hey, I used VHT vinyl and fabric dye spray which can be bought in any auto part store. I removed the seats wiped them down with alcohol then wash them with soap and water. Let them dry out in the sun then I used wide blue painters tape and taped off the area of the seat to be painted. So of the tape didn't feel like sticking so, I have a little over spray marks. As anything you paint start with light coats. Then apply till you have cover the area it dry's quick, I have no problems so far except for the shifter boot the paint is flaking off. But that is happening do to the fact the boot must be real leather and not pleather. Over all it wasn't hard just the taping part.

Good luck

I really like how this turned out. I hope it holds up well for you. Nice work... :salute:

Thanks wildazcat so far so good went to a car show last night other stang owner were asking where I had the interior done. I told walk into advance auto parts and pick up a can of VHT and spray away. I tried to scratch it yesterday nothing happened then let my 2 yr old jump on the seat with her sneakers on and nothing. So the only thing is how long it will last before it fades or cracks. I also sat in it the other day and I was soaked with sweat from head to toe from working on the truck and never wiped the seats down. When, I did no affect VHT spray are great quality and been spray their products and dupli-color for years. The only thing, I think would make it more resistant is maybe lightly scuff the area your spraying. I thought of that after doing but it looks great and broke up the interior and tired of all black my last 3 cars was all blk interior. I actually thought of spraying the whole interior to a sand color or biege.

Have a safe holiday and if you need any advice on painting stuff feel free to PM and will post pic's of the trucks grille. I resprayed with chrome spray it looks great and saved me a 100.00.

Anthony

post-18733-127523336576_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127523340925_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127523344884_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127523346386_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127523336576_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127523340925_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127523344884_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127523346386_thumb.jpg

Hey, I used VHT vinyl and fabric dye spray which can be bought in any auto part store. I removed the seats wiped them down with alcohol then wash them with soap and water. Let them dry out in the sun then I used wide blue painters tape and taped off the area of the seat to be painted. So of the tape didn't feel like sticking so, I have a little over spray marks. As anything you paint start with light coats. Then apply till you have cover the area it dry's quick, I have no problems so far except for the shifter boot the paint is flaking off. But that is happening do to the fact the boot must be real leather and not pleather. Over all it wasn't hard just the taping part.

Good luck

Anthony,

It looks good buddy. Thanks for reposting the pics. I have to say you're a braver man than I. I'd probably "F" it up and then have to buy new seat covers. That is why I went with the Shelby Interior upgrade, but then again you saved about $1,800 to use for other cool parts

Dave

Anthony,

It looks good buddy. Thanks for reposting the pics. I have to say you're a braver man than I. I'd probably "F" it up and then have to buy new seat covers. That is why I went with the Shelby Interior upgrade, but then again you saved about $1,800 to use for other cool parts

Dave

Thanks buddy but there are some over spray spots that, I will spray with the black dye. If, I did make a mess of thing just spray everything black!!! You could have done this just takes some patience and alot of tape. My wife didn't have faith in me and even my 2 yr old said I was going to make a mess. The best is if the dye fails and start cracking it will my excuse to replace my seats with Corbeau and then do the back seat delete.

Take care,

Anthony

Archived