TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It's Here!

2011SVT

Disclaimer: She has not been to the detailers yet. Got most of the accumulated dust and bird sh*t off from nearly seven weeks of parking lot rot. Grrr...

Points of interest:

- Photo 2: Can't see it very well but the silver pinstripes on the outside of the red are definitely metallic. Sharp.

- Photo 3: The new wheel well lining kind of feels like old timey trunk liner. Not quite fuzzy but definitely textured.

- Photo 4: Someone was asking if the tips looked outsized. I don't think so but opinions may vary.

post-27674-127484152849_thumb.jpgpost-27674-127484156416_thumb.jpgpost-27674-127484162976_thumb.jpgpost-27674-127484164468_thumb.jpg

post-27674-127484152849_thumb.jpg

post-27674-127484156416_thumb.jpg

post-27674-127484162976_thumb.jpg

post-27674-127484164468_thumb.jpg

For the haterz. A couple of the 'diaper' or as it is becoming known: 'the Camaro view'.

post-27674-127484235643_thumb.jpgpost-27674-12748423784_thumb.jpg

Do these stripes make my butt look big? :lol:

Seriously though, it looks sharp. But where's the underhood pic?

I'll get some.

There is nothing new under there - you guys have seen the publicity shots a gazillion times. Think: Like that - only with my crappy picture taking :)

I will tell you what strikes me is how big that engine looks and how dinky the M90 is on top of it. The block itself is still a gorgeous raw aluminum (*sigh* it will oxidize) and those blue valve covers are awesome.

Awesome color combo!!! Any chance we could get you to "test fit" those rear wheels on the front? Are they 20"x10" or 9 1/2"? If it's 9 1/2" don't bother, they should fit no problem. If they are 10" like I remember reading( I could be wrong) I would really like to know. That Black/Red looks hot!!!

I'll get some.

There is nothing new under there - you guys have seen the publicity shots a gazillion times. Think: Like that - only with my crappy picture taking :)

I will tell you what strikes me is how big that engine looks and how dinky the M90 is on top of it. The block itself is still a gorgeous raw aluminum (*sigh* it will oxidize) and those blue valve covers are awesome.

Congrats.....I thought the M90 went out with the T-Bird Supercoupe and XR-7

Awsome car great looking and sharp!!!!!!!!!!

Danke

Not a single shot under the hood? finger.gif

Coming....

Sweet looking ride. Congrats!!!!

Dan

Thank you.

No really, I'll do it.

To another member that worried that the tips could be too big. I told the car, "Honey, your tips are just the right size".

Very sweet!

Black with red stripes is one hot combo.

Also the fastest combo :)

I don't understand how anyone could even question that of course. If someone disagrees I just tell them, "that's crazy talk" and I dial 911 to report some nut loose.

nice, congrats, lots of pretty pieces on that car..........

just made the wait for my triple black vert sooooooo much harder..... :doh:

Black SVT/PP Coupe = Stripes

Black SVT/PP Vert = Stripe delete

The picture I saw of one like yours convinced me.

Tell us how it drives AND is there any wheel hop?

Haven't had it long enough to get driving impressions. Had 8 miles on the clock and NO boost. :) I will definitely report (the good and the bad).

Awesome color combo!!! Any chance we could get you to "test fit" those rear wheels on the front? Are they 20"x10" or 9 1/2"? If it's 9 1/2" don't bother, they should fit no problem. If they are 10" like I remember reading( I could be wrong) I would really like to know. That Black/Red looks hot!!!

Thank you and ....

Holy crap! That sounds like a lot of work. I believe they are 20x10 in the rear. You know, they may 'fit' but they also may rub at full compression and or turn in. I'll do the experiment but it won't be tomorrow.

Congrats on finally receiving you car. Hopefully only a couple more weeks for mine. Now tell us how it feels!

Thanks man. Keep the faith. With your build date of 03/30 you should be on the train already to CA. What's your status?

Congrats.....I thought the M90 went out with the T-Bird Supercoupe and XR-7

Shows what I know. Yup - M122 or R122 depending on who you think is right. That old M90 info came from an old 5.0 mag.

It's still dinky. TVS or Whipple 2.9 for 2012! Somebody start a Facebook page!

To another member that worried that the tips could be too big. I told the car, "Honey, your tips are just the right size".

It was me that asked about the tips mostly because when I put 3.5 tips on my 97 they looked HUGE but I now love them. Plus the 2010+ body style is quite a bit larger/longer and because the bumper having cutout I think it looks really great. Bet they sound awesome too!!!

Looks badass! I'm really digging those stripes now, the Ingot Silver accent makes the whole stripe. I do have the Convertible and prefer a stripe to an all black, especially since the Stripe Delete gives you black seats, and the striped seats look all the better on a convertible since they're so visible.

Mine was just put on Ramp 51 of the AAI at 4AM this monring, "In Transit" due to be here some time next week.

Noticed that the Muffler is different on the inside. The '10 model does not have that perferated baffle. In fact, funny that is there, because I actually used a hole saw to open mine up about 2 days after I picked it up. Now the '11's basically have the same design. :happy feet:

Also like the new design of the F1's. Lets just hope they actually help to get the power to the ground.

And that Silver really sets off the Red/Black combo....BIG +1.

Todd

congrats--great looking car, like the metallic stripe outline alot.Suggestion, put some clear tape over the paper tags to keep them pristene,also maybe all the paint dabs as well.Also, brush some rust inhibitor on the rust before it gets real thick, then brush/spray soem semi-gloss on it. Also luv the red shocks

Guess I'll be the odd-ball that goes against the grain and say I'm just not digging the skinny red stripes with the silver outline. If I didn't know what the skinny stripes represented (meaning Shelby SVT package) and I rolled up on one from behind, I'd think it was a stripe kit from Pep Boys.

Aside from that, great looking car and I know you're going to enjoy the hell out of it!

Guess I'll be the odd-ball that goes against the grain and say I'm just not digging the skinny red stripes with the silver outline. If I didn't know what the skinny stripes represented (meaning Shelby SVT package) and I rolled up on one from behind, I'd think it was a stripe kit from Pep Boys.

Aside from that, great looking car and I know you're going to enjoy the hell out of it!

Don't like the "Jenny Craig" stripes :hysterical: . Just like the color combo.

Not sure why but for some reason the outline stripe looks ok. And in person it looks good also. I was unsure about the outline at first, but local dealer has a Red w/ White stripes w/ Black outline.

One thing I do like for sure is the rocker stripe. Looks better as one solid stripe vs. the 2 stripe look.

Todd

Archived