TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Are you a member over at SVT Performance

SVT Performance  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a member over at SVT Performance?

• YES
    • NO
    • I am no longer a member over their, it's too rough

Lets see a count of how many of you are a member over at SVTPerformance.com & if so what do you think of it? I'm thinking of signing up over their but the members seem hard on each other over their unlike our loving family here

I thought of doing the same thing CW, I will follow SVTPerformance, but I will not post on that site. A guy had politely asked a question on that site about the difference between the Term s/c and the Shelby's s/c, he was rudely spoken down to and told "why ask such a dumbass question", not all the people on that forum are like that but it does discourage one to participate. Face to face, I'll deal, in my own way with a rude person, but there's no place for it on a website forum. I've also followed at last two other sites besides that one, and I agree CW, this one is more like a family. Just my 2 cents.

I'm a member and generally enjoy the forums......There is a wealth of technical experience and hard core racing and driving people that hang there.....AND a few disruptive posters as there are every where. It's nice to have different places to go for different viewpoints, IMHO B)

I've been a member over there since November 2001. This was after the purchase of my 2001 Cobra. I continued my membership through out my 2003 Cobra tenure. Soon after my 03 purchase, I started to see a decline in "respectful posts". In my humble opinion, the forums are not regulated whch reflects the over atmoshepere of the board. Seems like more and more kids and a ton of Shelby bashers.

I like you guys...think I'll stay awhile :bandance:

PC

I've been a member over there since November 2001. This was after the purchase of my 2001 Cobra. I continued my membership through out my 2003 Cobra tenure. Soon after my 03 purchase, I started to see a decline in "respectful posts". In my humble opinion, the forums are not regulated whch reflects the over atmoshepere of the board. Seems like more and more kids and a ton of Shelby bashers.

PC

Welcome aboard PC, there's alot of good knowledgeable people on this site and are always willing to help out. It's one big Shelby family.

Lets see a count of how many of you are a member over at SVTPerformance.com & if so what do you think of it? I'm thinking of signing up over their but the members seem hard on each other over their unlike our loving family here

Been there for years. Most guys are pretty cool. Yeah, it's a younger crowd, and that shows to some degree...but there are alot of good folks there, too. Some great tech people as well. If oyu do go over there, just keep that in mind...

I'm a member of SVTP, but I don't wonder over there much anymore. Too much bickering.

It comes & goes in waves...you know me there, too. When the '500 first came out, there were lots of detractors (as there was when the terminator first came out). Now, most have a new respect for the '500.

PC

Yeah, I think the mod's over there got a little too relaxed. I think I'll go pat myself on the back some more :hysterical:

Seriously, we try to keep this "family" oriented without the personal attacks. It's nothing that was said to the Mod's, it's just the way it always was here. I like that...

I spend a little time at that site and agree with most of what's been said. It is a younger crowd and it is a little rough. Sometimes there are disrespectful post and it's not much of a family atmosphere. There is a lot of tech knowledge there, especially from Fourcam and they do have some new mods who have greatly improved the site. Before the new mods, I gave up on the site but now it's much better.

Please remember everyone here does not have a Shelby. Not trying to sound mean, but a lot of the great people here have other types of Mustangs.

Bill, you're absolutely right and I apologize for that. Thanks for picking that up. What I should have said....It's a Mustang Fan Family or even a Chev, now and then. :hysterical:

I am a member at svtperformance (gt500 forum) and I visit regularly but there is not enough activity and too few posts on the gt500 forum to keep me amused full time.

It's all relative I guess, dgussin1 left this site after being bashed for his videos (which I enjoyed watching) and he thinks he is treated much better there so he hasn't been back here since. I think no matter where you go you will eventually run into someone who has nothing nice to say to you.

The moderator there ac427cobra (Bruce) is a good guy who is very knowledgable and runs his car regularly at the Road America track and posts videos of himself blowing by Porches, Z06's and the like. It gets real interesting there at times.

Been there for years. Most guys are pretty cool. Yeah, it's a younger crowd, and that shows to some degree...but there are alot of good folks there, too. Some great tech people as well. If oyu do go over there, just keep that in mind...

It comes & goes in waves...you know me there, too. When the '500 first came out, there were lots of detractors (as there was when the terminator first came out). Now, most have a new respect for the '500.

Yeah, I think the mod's over there got a little too relaxed. I think I'll go pat myself on the back some more :hysterical:

Seriously, we try to keep this "family" oriented without the personal attacks. It's nothing that was said to the Mod's, it's just the way it always was here. I like that...

Yes, moderators can make a big difference. Now, ......ass_you.wav...in your avatar, is your cobra leading a harmonic symphony with that red stick? :hysterical2::hysterical:

Dave

ass_you.wav

SVTP is a great site if you're looking to get more info on SVT vehicles from some really insightful people. The tradeoff vs. this site is that it's going to be a "less family oriented" forum but that is not what they are trying to create. It's a bunch of gearhead's, 99% men, who act how men act when they are all together talking about cars. Are they at each other's throats a lot? Sure, but it's no different then the type of hazing/trash talking that you'll get at a local performance shop and it's all in fun. I'm used to it because I played sports my whole life so I feel right at home with the locker room talk. Most of the guys are pretty cool and I appreciate their forum for their ability to get to the point and stay on topic. One of the cons, in my opinion, of stangsunleashed is the tangents and inside jokes that tend to be created. I encourage you to sign up and post when you really have something to say. Just my .02

SVTP is a great site if you're looking to get more info on SVT vehicles from some really insightful people. The tradeoff vs. this site is that it's going to be a "less family oriented" forum but that is not what they are trying to create. It's a bunch of gearhead's, 99% men, who act how men act when they are all together talking about cars. Are they at each other's throats a lot? Sure, but it's no different then the type of hazing/trash talking that you'll get at a local performance shop and it's all in fun. I'm used to it because I played sports my whole life so I feel right at home with the locker room talk. Most of the guys are pretty cool and I appreciate their forum for their ability to get to the point and stay on topic. One of the cons, in my opinion, of stangsunleashed is the tangents and inside jokes that tend to be created. I encourage you to sign up and post when you really have something to say. Just my .02

STAY ON TOPIC :hysterical2:

That will never happen here as long as we have ........ :hysterical:

I am a member over at SVTP, join date: January 2003 with only 313 post. I don't post much here or over at SVTP. There are some good vendors and tuners that have threads on SVTP such as ATS, JDM, Kenne Bell, etc...

And yes, it is alot of bashing and loose moderating at SVTP and ussually when I see negative post or threads at SVTP, it pushes me further away from the site and I don't frequent it for a while afterwards. Alot of local people I have met on SVTP are not there anymore because of the negativity, but I only go on to SVTP on occassions to see what good info. I can grasp.

Archived