TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Aeroforce Interceptor problem

Just purchased and installed my Interceptor gauge. Gauge is brand new, and appears to be the correct p/n for Fords. Unfortunately, the gauge will not stay powered up. It will only stay on for a few seconds, and then turns off. Doesnt matter is key is just on or engine is running. Only way I can get it back on is to unplug the OBD plug and start over, but it will shut off again. Pressing the buttons will just make the annunciator lights flash. I even tried removing the jumper and powering it with the 12V aux wire, same problems. I have no other electrical mods or accessories that may interfere. I already have an e-mail in to aeroforce tech support, but was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem? Thanks

Just purchased and installed my Interceptor gauge. Gauge is brand new, and appears to be the correct p/n for Fords. Unfortunately, the gauge will not stay powered up. It will only stay on for a few seconds, and then turns off. Doesnt matter is key is just on or engine is running. Only way I can get it back on is to unplug the OBD plug and start over, but it will shut off again. Pressing the buttons will just make the annunciator lights flash. I even tried removing the jumper and powering it with the 12V aux wire, same problems. I have no other electrical mods or accessories that may interfere. I already have an e-mail in to aeroforce tech support, but was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem? Thanks

Hey have to ask what is an interceptor gauge?????

I have one of their gauges. it sounds like yours is defective. I just plugged mine into the OBD II port, turned the car on, and it worked.

The Interceptor gauge is a scan gauge that plugs into the OBD II port and allows you to read any of the computer's sensors, do data logging, and a bunch more. I use mine to monitor boost and usually intake temperature and fuel pressure. Their website is http://www.aeroforcetech.com/

Archived