TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby 6spd shifter

I want to buy the Shelby shifter for my 2010 GT500, but I'm not quite sure on fitment. I would assume that the shifter would fit itself, but will my factory shiter ball fit the new shifter handle?

I'm waiting for this exact answer (hopefully today) from the shelby store. One thing I did find out is they said for the 2010's we need to trim the bushing of the shifter to make it work. Their now checking on the ball and the boot, I'll update you if noone else does once I hear back from them.

There was a new handle that came with my Shelby 6 speed shifter, and I bought a new shift ball. The stock handle and shift ball, bolts to the new shifter, if you want it to look stock. You will love this shifter, it's soooo much better than the stock one

So my stock 2010 GT500 shift knob will fit on the Shelby shifter handle with no problems? Just want to make sure we're clear here. I was pretty confident that the shifter would fit, I was just concerned about the threads on the handle being different than the stock ball.

So my stock 2010 GT500 shift knob will fit on the Shelby shifter handle with no problems? Just want to make sure we're clear here. I was pretty confident that the shifter would fit, I was just concerned about the threads on the handle being different than the stock ball.

Sorry, I can't help you with the 2010 shift knob . All I know is, my stock handle, as well as the Shelby handle, both bolt to the Shelby shifter. My car is a 08, not sure if this helps you at all

I want to buy the Shelby shifter for my 2010 GT500, but I'm not quite sure on fitment. I would assume that the shifter would fit itself, but will my factory shiter ball fit the new shifter handle?

I wrote to Shelby sometime back to find out if the shifter fits 2010 models. Here is the answer I got:

QUOTE:

Hi Phillip,

We’re finding some minor differences in the 2010 that are requiring us to test every part to ensure fitment and function. The 6 spd will not just directly fit the 2010. There seems to be a bushing modification that needs to be addressed along with a boot replacement. As soon as our testing is done, we will have all the items online listed as well as a preview of coming new products. Thanks so much for being patient!

Keith S. Criswell

Supervisor Sales-Technical Support

Shelby Performance Parts, LLC.

Drake Automotive Group "Muscle Cars"

702-405-3501direct

702-405-3509 fax

Please visit us at the 2009 SEMA Show, Booth # 24295

END QUOTE;

So unless something has changed, the shifter is *not* a direct replacement without using a Shelby shifter ball and boot.

Like I said, "UNLESS SOMETHING HAS CHANGED".

Phill

Hey Pistol...This is Tim with Shelby Performance Parts/Team Shelby. The stock shift ball thread size is 12mm x 1.25". The thread size of Shelby 6-speed shifter is going to be 12mm x 1.75". Unfortunately, your stock knob will not fit.

Dam that really sucks that the handle threads are different. I really wanted to use the Shelby shifter, but I just can't see spending $350 for a shifter that requires I spend another $40+ for a ball, when the ball on my "Shelby" is nicer looking than most of the one's I would be forced to buy. I certainly don't have any interest in paying top $ for a shifter only to not use the $120+ handle.... This is bad news, I really had my mind made up on this shifter too... :banghead:

Thanks for the honesty and info guys, but unless something changes with all this, I'll be looking elsewhere :cry: .

The SPP shifter does work with the 2010 - we use them all of the time.

We are working on 2010 Shelby shifter balls.

Robert,

When I contacted Shelby on their 6-spd shifter I also contacted the Pro 5.0 folks. They said early 2010's came with a different thread pitch than later models and in fact, they send out two handles to allow either to be used.

Not suggesting you guys do the same, only telling you of the two different TP's reported. So your handle *may* (or may not) work on some 2010's.

The problem I see is that the Shelby shift handle is not round like the OEM 2010 so the boot will not work either. I see Shelby offers a boot that works but I really like the white double thread sewn into my OE boot (matches the white stripes on my car) so I don't want to change the boot either.

So as per Keith at SPP, is the shifter a *direct* replacement or not? (i.e. do I need to use the shelby BOOT and/or knob?).

I'd *much* prefer the Shelby 6-spd shifter over the other products out there but right now with the Pro 5.0 'double handle offer" I'd be hard pressed not to buy theirs.

Which is why I've waited so long to buy one, I'm still hoping Shelby can get it together so I can run my OE boot and "double stripe" shifter knob.

Thanks,

Phill

The SPP shifter does work with the 2010 - we use them all of the time.

Oh yeah, I forgot....did the "bushing issue" Keith wrote of get addressed? I'm not sure what the issue was, but something about a bushing being different.

Thanks again,

Phill

I'm in the same boat as Phill. I really want to go with the Shelby shifter for many reasons: one it just plain looks like a better quality part than the others on the market. Two, of course, it carries the Shelby name and will allow me to keep with the theme that I am trying to instate on my car of FRPP/SVT/Shelby mods wherever possible.

But like I said in my earlier post, it's not cheap at $350 (in fact it's priced well over most of the other shifters available for as direct replacements) and for that kind of coin, I want something that I can open the box, install, adjust and enjoy. I don't want to have to worry about buying other items, not being able to use certain parts of this shifter or having to retro fit or custom fit anything.

If you guys can tell me for certain that something is in the works to address these issues and it won't cost me any more than the cost of the shifter, I'll gladly be patient for loyalties sake and wait on buying a shifter until we have a direct fit solution, but if you can't tell me that there's going to be an effort to address these issues, I'm going to go ahead and order either the Pro 5.0, Steeda or MGW.

Again, thanks for your responses and honesty in this thread. If nothing else, it reminds me why I bought a Shelby to begin with and will continue to buy Shelby parts wherever possible.

Archived