TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does everyone want to race you?

Embalmer

I've noticed that about the WRX's also. There is a big difference, however. The upgrade path for that car is a little more limited than for the GT. Subaru has done a good job ringing the performance out of it. The stock GT is just a starting point. Look at the upgrade path: CAI, tunes, cams, headers, throttle body, ported 3v heads, 4v heads, blower, x-pipe, gears, mufflers, etc. It will end up costing more than a WRX but performance always does end up costing more.

As has already been said, my GT looks like a Mustang and it sounds like a muscle car should sound, not like a swarm of killer bees in an echo chamber :hysterical2:

:hysterical2: That's a riot!!!

Mitsubishi Evolution VIII, Subaru WRX STi

0-to-60-mph acceleration, sec.5.7, 5.8

Quarter-mile acceleration, sec.14.2, 14.1

Quarter-mile speed, mph 97.2 ,95.6

60-to-0-mph braking, feet109.8 109.8 600-ft

Here's some specs I found on Edmunds.com. My GT runs 13's but 14.1 is pretty quick for the Subaru. The next time I see one I'll be careful!!

:hysterical2: That's a riot!!!

Mitsubishi Evolution VIII, Subaru WRX STi

0-to-60-mph acceleration, sec.5.7, 5.8

Quarter-mile acceleration, sec.14.2, 14.1

Quarter-mile speed, mph 97.2 ,95.6

60-to-0-mph braking, feet109.8 109.8 600-ft

Here's some specs I found on Edmunds.com. My GT runs 13's but 14.1 is pretty quick for the Subaru. The next time I see one I'll be careful!!

Killer bees, or the "Oompa Loompa" mating call, I can't decide which. :beatdeadhorse:

That they are. You would be surprised what a turbocharged 2 liter would do

You're telling me... I looked at the Lotus Elise, and instead of prices on the sticker, they had weight and what every option weighed.

Car's just to small for my fat :censored: though... But it doesn't have that lovely blown V8 sound, and that goes a long ways for me! :happy feet:

Hot Rods don't have 4 doors. You gettin' my drift?

And Hot Rods Look like Hot Rods. And sound like Hot Rods. And feel like Hot Rods.

I can buy a go kart that will smoke my car. I don't want to drive one.

I agree with RUF, I don't care how fast it is, I don't want to drive a fast economy car. The Mustang has a heritage, history and most of all- STYLE.

Last night I met a dude with a new V6 Mustang. Nice car. He put a supercharger on it. I told him I was impressed and that I liked what he had done with it. He was proud. I told him to stop by my car show and I'll give him a trophy. I could never do that with a Subaru.

I agree with RUF, I don't care how fast it is, I don't want to drive a fast economy car. The Mustang has a heritage, history and most of all- STYLE.

Last night I met a dude with a new V6 Mustang. Nice car. He put a supercharger on it. I told him I was impressed and that I liked what he had done with it. He was proud. I told him to stop by my car show and I'll give him a trophy. I could never do that with a Subaru.

Yep, when Carroll Shelby came out with the CS6 (gorgeous car), I was impressed that it was putting out enough horsepower to dust a stock GT! It sounds like this guy has a similar setup.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but if it were me in a stock GT and got eaten up by a V6 (albeit supercharged), I'd be pretty embarassed. They're cool and all, but, if I ever bought one, I'd always hate myself for not going with that melodeous V8! The Mustang just doesn't have the same character and prowess without that deep and forbidding rumble, warning all others that something wicked dwells beneath the hood!

- Josh

Yep, when Carroll Shelby came out with the CS6 (gorgeous car), I was impressed that it was putting out enough horsepower to dust a stock GT! It sounds like this guy has a similar setup.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but if it were me in a stock GT and got eaten up by a V6 (albeit supercharged), I'd be pretty embarassed. They're cool and all, but, if I ever bought one, I'd always hate myself for not going with that melodeous V8! The Mustang just doesn't have the same character and prowess without that deep and forbidding rumble, warning all others that something wicked dwells beneath the hood!

- Josh

Josh,

Not so fast. He never actually raced a GT from a stoplight yet and the thing didn't sound that great (The car had a single 3 inch exhaust). I don't care how fast it is I'd rather get the GT. Everybody tries to race me on the highway and if they get a jump on me they brag that they can beat a GT. I race them at the light for the FULL quarter mile and beat 'em EVERY time!!! I agree with you- Gotta have the V8!!

Josh,

Not so fast. He never actually raced a GT from a stoplight yet and the thing didn't sound that great (The car had a single 3 inch exhaust). I don't care how fast it is I'd rather get the GT. Everybody tries to race me on the highway and if they get a jump on me they brag that they can beat a GT. I race them at the light for the FULL quarter mile and beat 'em EVERY time!!! I agree with you- Gotta have the V8!!

Yes yes, we are in agreement about Mustangs needing a V8. However, my comment about the 6 cylender being faster than a stock GT comes directly from the Shelby site and was a reflection of Shelby's car. Their CS6 packaged Mustang V6 WILL toast a stock GT. However, I agree, nothing, and I mean NOTHING replaces that V8 growl!

Personally (whenever I do get my GT) I plan on going with JBA long tube headers (unless they won't allow me to pass emissions, then JBA shorties), H-pipe, and cat backs (ALL 3" baby!). I've listened to "Pypes", "Borla", "Flowmaster", "Magnaflow" and just about every other exhaust setup that has audio or video clips available, and in my personal opinion, NONE of the others stack up to that throaty deep exhaust note like JBAs do! Its a beautiful thing :rockon:

- Josh

I had an older model Dodge Truck pull up to me today with a blower of some sort under the hood. He caught up with me and started revving his engine. I noticed that he had the shoe polish numbers still on his window from the track. We got to a light and there was nobody around, so we both took off. I had him from the light, but he was fast. We got to the next light and he pulled up to me again. He was smiling and talking about how fast the car was. I kept seeing him looking towards the light though, and sure enough, mid-sentence, the light changes and he punches it. I started laughing and actually reached down to turn off the air conditioner between shifts just so I could catch him. I pulled ahead right before we had to brake for the next light. He pulls up at the next light laughing. Said our goodbyes and we were on our way.

Yes yes, we are in agreement about Mustangs needing a V8. However, my comment about the 6 cylender being faster than a stock GT comes directly from the Shelby site and was a reflection of Shelby's car. Their CS6 packaged Mustang V6 WILL toast a stock GT. However, I agree, nothing, and I mean NOTHING replaces that V8 growl!

Personally (whenever I do get my GT) I plan on going with JBA long tube headers (unless they won't allow me to pass emissions, then JBA shorties), H-pipe, and cat backs (ALL 3" baby!). I've listened to "Pypes", "Borla", "Flowmaster", "Magnaflow" and just about every other exhaust setup that has audio or video clips available, and in my personal opinion, NONE of the others stack up to that throaty deep exhaust note like JBAs do! Its a beautiful thing :rockon:

- Josh

LOL how about stock V6 Vs. Stock GT? Everyone likes to race a 'stock' GT.

JBA huh? I'll have to listen. I was going to go with the Flowmasters.

I had an older model Dodge Truck pull up to me today with a blower of some sort under the hood. He caught up with me and started revving his engine. I noticed that he had the shoe polish numbers still on his window from the track. We got to a light and there was nobody around, so we both took off. I had him from the light, but he was fast. We got to the next light and he pulled up to me again. He was smiling and talking about how fast the car was. I kept seeing him looking towards the light though, and sure enough, mid-sentence, the light changes and he punches it. I started laughing and actually reached down to turn off the air conditioner between shifts just so I could catch him. I pulled ahead right before we had to brake for the next light. He pulls up at the next light laughing. Said our goodbyes and we were on our way.

Those Dodge trucks... The thing's gotta have about 1200 horsepower to keep up with your Shelby!! :hysterical2:

LOL how about stock V6 Vs. Stock GT? Everyone likes to race a 'stock' GT.

JBA huh? I'll have to listen. I was going to go with the Flowmasters.

Here's the site link http://products.jbaheaders.com/feature_pag...5mustangnew.asp . The audio links are just under the picture of the rear of the Stang where it says "How does it sound?". There are links for both the V6 & supercharged 8. I couldn't get them to work, but they have in the past.

- Josh

Archived