TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The "Terlingua" GLHS picks up another award

swbstudios

Our '86 GLHS recently completed the 2010 Mopower tour from socal to Scottsdale to Vegas. During the high speed runs across the desert/canyons it performed well as usual and made believers out of folks that had no idea what it was. It was entered in the car show in the sport compact class. It was covered in bugs(from numerous 130mph blasts) and other assorted road grime as we just pulled it onto the show area with no clean-up after the run. It was the only Shelby in the class and received strange looks from the rest.

A few weeks after the show we received a first place award/plaque.

shelbyshow017.th.jpg

Our '86 GLHS recently completed the 2010 Mopower tour from socal to Scottsdale to Vegas. During the high speed runs across the desert/canyons it performed well as usual and made believers out of folks that had no idea what it was. It was entered in the car show in the sport compact class. It was covered in bugs(from numerous 130mph blasts) and other assorted road grime as we just pulled it onto the show area with no clean-up after the run. It was the only Shelby in the class and received strange looks from the rest.

shelbyshow017.th.jpg

Congrats!! Very cool!

shelbyshow017.th.jpg

That is great! Congratulations! 24 years later and GLHS' are still racking up wins! That sounds like it was a blast.. I would love to carve up the desert in my Charger

shelbyshow017.th.jpg

Congrats! How did the TU radiator serve you during this trip?

shelbyshow017.th.jpg

You made believers out of us at Terlingua 2008!!!! We Love the mighty GLHS!!!

post-7616-127483352086_thumb.jpg

post-7616-127483352086_thumb.jpg

Congrats!! Very cool!

Thanks!

That is great! Congratulations! 24 years later and GLHS' are still racking up wins! That sounds like it was a blast.. I would love to carve up the desert in my Charger

Yup, set FTD at a recent autocross, too. Even beat a poorly driven new Lotus!

Congrats! How did the TU radiator serve you during this trip?

Actually , the TU radiator is on my far more radical green GLHS. It worked very well and essentially solved some cooling issues we'd had.

carsindriveway001.th.jpg

You made believers out of us at Terlingua 2008!!!! We Love the mighty GLHS!!!

Hey, how are you guys! Sorry I couldn't try and scare you in the GLHS at 'Vegas, as I was feeling pretty under the weather and was in the hotel room most of the week-end.

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Man, this board doesn't see much action!

The mighty GLHS just completed a Porsche club track day. Stuck in the top two groups(I'm a driving instructor), the S car surprised yet another group of folks that had no idea what it was. Still one of the quickest cars through the tight sections. Amazing how easy it is to "drift" a FWD car. Even more amazing when you consider that it is still running with the engine built way back in 1986!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived