TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FRPP Handling Pack vs. Evo Ultimate

So, why would I buy one suspension kit over the other? Are they to accomplish different results. I can get the FRPP for $1375.

My goal is to lower the car and minimize wheel hop as much as possible.

Also, don't we have billet LCAs on the car already?

Thanks Guys!

So, why would I buy one suspension kit over the other? Are they to accomplish different results. I can get the FRPP for $1375.

My goal is to lower the car and minimize wheel hop as much as possible.

Also, don't we have billet LCAs on the car already?

Thanks Guys!

I can tell you that the FRPP handling pack is nice. I have it and I have ZERO wheel hop...and I have 727 RWHP. I recommend it. As far as the LCAs, they are stamped steel, NOT billet. They are garbage, but I have found that I really don't need to change them because the FRPP handling pack has eliminated any wheel hop. I have no experience with Evo's kit. Hope that helps. By the way, I'm probably going to change my UCAs and LCAs anyway cuz I'm stupid and I want more mods no matter if they help or not. Like I previously said, I'm totally obsessed with these cars and I cannot stop. I got a fever...

Can you message me where your able to get the FRPP for that price? Thanks.

Yeah, me too.

Is that the full kit, including the strut tower brace?

Because if it is, Ford Racing lists it for $1600 and change ($1695.00, IIRC).

TIA,

Phill

Yeah, me too.

Is that the full kit, including the strut tower brace?

Because if it is, Ford Racing lists it for $1600 and change ($1695.00, IIRC).

TIA,

Phill

Phil / All,

Fordracingpartsdirect has it for $1375, but don't know of shipping, handling, and care charges.

Summit Racing sells it for $1439 and I think they have free shipping. Jegs also has it for $1445

$1375 is a good deal, but becareful of the shipping charges, I've seen places charge as much as $190 for it

Glad I have family that has worked at Summit for the past decade and it is only a 20 minute drive for me. I get any parts there at cost from him. Have to look closer at this FRPP Handling Pack.

Is it all bolt-on or do you need a mechanic to get it installed?

I guess it depends on your skills, tools and mechanical ability. I've never paid a mechanic to do anything on any of my cars, but I also probably have more tools than most pros do and have been working on my own street and race cars since I was 15.

The FRPP kit comes with shocks, struts, springs and sway bars. If you think you can handle the springs alone, you can probably pull of the rest of it too. Since you have to dissasemble the struts to install the front springs anyway, there's really only a few extra steps involved in the full kit. It's not a very difficult install, but again, that's a subjective opinion.

I guess it depends on your skills, tools and mechanical ability. I've never paid a mechanic to do anything on any of my cars, but I also probably have more tools than most pros do and have been working on my own street and race cars since I was 15.

The FRPP kit comes with shocks, struts, springs and sway bars. If you think you can handle the springs alone, you can probably pull of the rest of it too. Since you have to dissasemble the struts to install the front springs anyway, there's really only a few extra steps involved in the full kit. It's not a very difficult install, but again, that's a subjective opinion.

Does anyone know what components the new 2011 SVT package contains? Is it simply the FRPP parts or something else?

Does anyone know what components the new 2011 SVT package contains? Is it simply the FRPP parts or something else?

Yeah those details are what are really stopping me from picking out any handling/suspension mods until I know for sure I'm actually "upgrading" everything.

I wouldn't be suprised if it was the FRPP package with a higher ride height.

Archived