TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New to Forum

SVTBeast

I'm New, so hopefully I've done this right....

I have to say, since I ordered my 2011 Shelby black vert with stripe SVT, on April 15th, I have been reading the various topics and discussions as a guest, but since I just received some good news, thought I would share!

Got a vin today! 1ZVBP8KS8B5121010, and my dealer said delivery by the end of May, however she mentioned that the delivery date can be adjusted for various reasons (I certainly know by reading some of the posts on this forum) so I called SVT and gave my vin and was told that my car was listed as "inproduction/produced, last updated May 17th" with an eta to the dealer of May 29th!

To good to be true? Maybe, but exciting just the same!

Beast

I'm New, so hopefully I've done this right....

I have to say, since I ordered my 2011 Shelby black vert with stripe SVT, on April 15th, I have been reading the various topics and discussions as a guest, but since I just received some good news, thought I would share!

Got a vin today! 1ZVBP8KS8B5121010, and my dealer said delivery by the end of May, however she mentioned that the delivery date can be adjusted for various reasons (I certainly know by reading some of the posts on this forum) so I called SVT and gave my vin and was told that my car was listed as "inproduction/produced, last updated May 17th" with an eta to the dealer of May 29th!

To good to be true? Maybe, but exciting just the same!

Beast

Holy Mother, thats the same as my car but without the cover but has an MSRP that is $9000 more. Do Canadians have taxes build into the MSRP or is that paid on top of it?

Your VIN

My VIN

Odd to see the differences on the same car but welcome aboard!

Your build date was set to 5/17 but that is also the same day the holds were put on the cars so I doubt you'll see it this month (I'm in the same boat).

Holy Mother, thats the same as my car but without the cover but has an MSRP that is $9000 more. Do Canadians have taxes build into the MSRP or is that paid on top of it?

Your VIN

My VIN

Your build date was set to 5/17 but that is also the same day the holds were put on the cars so I doubt you'll see it this month (I'm in the same boat).

Thanks Ezareth! I was wondering how to get the window sticker....so yeah I have to pay tax on top unfortunately.....but I did order a shelby car cover as well, so I hope my dealer has one in stock or something!

As far as the delivery, I'm just happy that it is in the system now! If it comes in June....still good to me!

I'll be sure to post when it arrives!

Your VIN

My VIN

Welcome to Team Shelby!!

Do not mean to burst your bubble, but want to make sure you have the right expectations to. I seriously doubt you'll see the car by end of May. Mine was built April 12 and has been sitting at the plant ever since. There was a "Hard Start" hold on the cars for some time but then cars began to ship, slowly. Then there was another hold put on the cars May 17, that to my knowledge has not been lifter yet. They may very well produce the car on schedule, but I doubt shipped on schedule. My ETA was April 23 and I've still not been given an update. If cars have to be re-worked (fixed in some way), they only do the re-works on weekends. Hope I'm wrong, but may be closer to end of June before you see the car. The dealer's gonna tell you what they think you want to hear. You'll get much more accurate information in this forum.

Welcome to Team Shelby!!

Do not mean to burst your bubble, but want to make sure you have the right expectations to. I seriously doubt you'll see the car by end of May. Mine was built April 12 and has been sitting at the plant ever since. There was a "Hard Start" hold on the cars for some time but then cars began to ship, slowly. Then there was another hold put on the cars May 17, that to my knowledge has not been lifter yet. They may very well produce the car on schedule, but I doubt shipped on schedule. My ETA was April 23 and I've still not been given an update. If cars have to be re-worked (fixed in some way), they only do the re-works on weekends. Hope I'm wrong, but may be closer to end of June before you see the car. The dealer's gonna tell you what they think you want to hear. You'll get much more accurate information in this forum.

if he hits it just right,and the hold comes off, theyll ship his newly built car first--just a matter of timing--Got mine 2 weeks after it was built,which was the day the hold came off--so , dont give up hope.Now MM has car coming that was built in Feb--as Ive said LIFO rules

Thanks Ezareth! I was wondering how to get the window sticker....so yeah I have to pay tax on top unfortunately.....but I did order a shelby car cover as well, so I hope my dealer has one in stock or something!

As far as the delivery, I'm just happy that it is in the system now! If it comes in June....still good to me!

I'll be sure to post when it arrives!

I'm curious as to how the exchange rate works.

Currently $1 Canadian = $.946432 U.S.

So the MSRP works out on todays rate to $65751.47 US, about $4600(US) more (discounting the extra destination charge).

So does the price of your Car change as the exchange rate changes? Does the window Sticker? Or is the MSRP overestimated to take into consideration a functuation based upon the exchange rate?

How the hell does one figure out the invoice Price on a Canadian car? So confusing...

I'm curious as to how the exchange rate works.

Currently $1 Canadian = $.946432 U.S.

So the MSRP works out on todays rate to $65751.47 US, about $4600(US) more (discounting the extra destination charge).

So does the price of your Car change as the exchange rate changes? Does the window Sticker? Or is the MSRP overestimated to take into consideration a functuation based upon the exchange rate?

How the hell does one figure out the invoice Price on a Canadian car? So confusing...

Tax is extra....a lot extra. 13% where I live.

As for the MSRP, well I have a feeling it is based on an average exchange rate over the last few years to account for any changes that occur on a day to day basis. It sucks ESPECIALLY on days when our dollar is worth yours, as it has done so in the last couple years (it sucks because the prices remain high regardless of our dollars worth) and because of the gargantuan tax. My car, tax in, was $70,000 even. Actually $70,000.11.

It makes me cry....

Can only hope that the build hits the "sweet spot" from a delivery perspective!

Tax is a killer! I looked at purchasing from the US and got a quote from a dealer in Buffalo, and he wanted MSRP and that versus the quote I got locally which was around $1500 under MSRP, the difference I felt was not worth the exchange hastle and any warranty issues etc. plus I really wanted the car and it was just easier to do it here.....even thought the price difference is rediculous!

So Mulanzo, I saw your post about Canadians to order so I did....maybe our cars will come in the same group as I'm sure this will add to the truckload volume for Toronto ! (well my dealer is in Mississauga)

Can only hope that the build hits the "sweet spot" from a delivery perspective!

Tax is a killer! I looked at purchasing from the US and got a quote from a dealer in Buffalo, and he wanted MSRP and that versus the quote I got locally which was around $1500 under MSRP, the difference I felt was not worth the exchange hastle and any warranty issues etc. plus I really wanted the car and it was just easier to do it here.....even thought the price difference is rediculous!

So Mulanzo, I saw your post about Canadians to order so I did....maybe our cars will come in the same group as I'm sure this will add to the truckload volume for Toronto ! (well my dealer is in Mississauga)

US folks, welcome to the world of VAT--thaststhe tax hes referring to,which pays for the socialized medicine theyve had in Canada for almost 30 years

US folks, welcome to the world of VAT--thaststhe tax hes referring to,which pays for the socialized medicine theyve had in Canada for almost 30 years

Oh wow really? I hope that's a joke because you truly don't have a clue if it isn't...

Oh wow really? I hope that's a joke because you truly don't have a clue if it isn't...

Who really knows what tax is used to pay what. It all goes to a government.

We paid a Social Security Tax that is then matched by our employer for Social Security, but our Government (The US) has been "borrowing" from this income to pay for other uses.

Fact of the matter is VATS are indeed much higher than sales taxes in any of the States...and some states don't even have a sales tax.

Who really knows what tax is used to pay what. It all goes to a government.

We paid a Social Security Tax that is then matched by our employer for Social Security, but our Government (The US) has been "borrowing" from this income to pay for other uses.

Fact of the matter is VATS are indeed much higher than sales taxes in any of the States...and some states don't even have a sales tax.

it is a joke really--the SS tax goes into the general fund and is spent as a normal operting expense for everythin, not just as an invetsment tool for SSg--if we ever get into a VAT envirnoment, there'll be no stopping the current spending levels--i dont ant to turn the forum into a political rant central so Ill stop---bob

Just an update to "last weeks" confirmation from SVT where they confirmed the "in production/produced" with an eta of May 28th...last updated May 17th......so I called SVT just now, and they confirmed the status was "in transit/shipped rail" last updated today at 16:00hrs!!!

Could it be that I hit that "sweet spot" in ordering/build and delivery!!!

Well lets hope so!! Certainly seems that cars are starting to be delivered so why not mine!!! :happy feet:

I guess I'll have to make a spot in the nursery for my new baby!!

Will post when it comes!

Just an update to "last weeks" confirmation from SVT where they confirmed the "in production/produced" with an eta of May 28th...last updated May 17th......so I called SVT just now, and they confirmed the status was "in transit/shipped rail" last updated today at 16:00hrs!!!

Could it be that I hit that "sweet spot" in ordering/build and delivery!!!

Well lets hope so!! Certainly seems that cars are starting to be delivered so why not mine!!! :happy feet:

I guess I'll have to make a spot in the nursery for my new baby!!

Will post when it comes!

Mine was updated this morning with a "in transit" as well. Going to be calling every day until it's in the Garage. Have to kick my wife out of the Garage to make room.

Mine was updated this morning with a "in transit" as well. Going to be calling every day until it's in the Garage. Have to kick my wife out of the Garage to make room.

That's great Ezareth! So it looks like there will be a whole lot of deliveries coming soon for a whole lot of anxious buyers!

Looking forward to getting a vert, never had one before, only "t-tops" .....and I think this will be the 'cream of the crop' as far as four seater convertibles go.....and it has 550hp to thrill the senses to boot!!!

Can't wait to pick it up and drive it home!

Archived