TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08 Shelby KR $60500 on Mecum friday

Pretty decent price for a car still available at some dealers especially when you can probably buy and 08 in the upper 50s.

By comparison what would a very low mileage pristine standard '08 GT500 probably sell for???. Any guesstimates???? My guess is mid to upper 30s.

Point is...I agree at around 60K for a limited production Shelby I thinks its smart money and a good buy for a car that has a good chance to appreciate in years to come.

Pretty decent price for a car still available at some dealers especially when you can probably buy and 08 in the upper 50s.

By comparison what would a very low mileage pristine standard '08 GT500 probably sell for???. Any guesstimates???? My guess is mid to upper 30s.

Point is...I agree at around 60K for a limited production Shelby I thinks its smart money and a good buy for a car that has a good chance to appreciate in years to come.

A 07 GT-500 sold for 32,500 Thursday at Memcum. It had I think 2500 miles. They was a 08 vert that also sold I think it was around 35,500

Reminder, the auction house adds 10% buyer premium to that, so the buyer would be in for $67000.

That is true! A fee that I wouldn't be too happy with. It will be very interesting to see the KR's auctioning off in the years to come.

Cali KR: Good point!

Wonder what a 2008 SS would go for???

A Black '08 SS (08SS0087) 427 (#75) vert went for $84,700 at Barrett-Jackson back in January. 116 Miles on her.

• 3 weeks later...

History repeats it's self. I am old enough to remember $2k GT350s in the mid 70's and 68 KRs in the teens in the early 80's. Cars are generally not short term investments, in fact they are really not investments at all. Enjoy the ride, your grandkids will thank you for investing in a Shelby!

History repeats it's self. I am old enough to remember $2k GT350s in the mid 70's and 68 KRs in the teens in the early 80's. Cars are generally not short term investments, in fact they are really not investments at all. Enjoy the ride, your grandkids will thank you for investing in a Shelby!

You know, I do remember some old farts driving very cool muscle cars around back then, when they weren't going for much at all, used. A friend of mine bought a couple of cool cars in the late '70s, both from old farts wanting something more comfortable, or with better mileage. One of those cars was a like-new '70 Super-Bee 383Magnum/auto, for $2500, and a '70 CJ 429 Torino for $3000. Also in excellent shape, the original owner had used it to pull his boat!

Grandkids are one of the reasons I bought my KR, versus something like the Z06. I can fit a couple of grandkids in the KR, then put them in harm's way, getting to illegal speeds at an eye-opening rate. If they live to talk about it, they sure won't forget grandpa's old car! ;)

You know, I do remember some old farts driving very cool muscle cars around back then, when they weren't going for much at all, used. A friend of mine bought a couple of cool cars in the late '70s, both from old farts wanting something more comfortable, or with better mileage. One of those cars was a like-new '70 Super-Bee 383Magnum/auto, for $2500, and a '70 CJ 429 Torino for $3000. Also in excellent shape, the original owner had used it to pull his boat!

Grandkids are one of the reasons I bought my KR, versus something like the Z06. I can fit a couple of grandkids in the KR, then put them in harm's way, getting to illegal speeds at an eye-opening rate. If they live to talk about it, they sure won't forget grandpa's old car! ;)

They will really thank you when you are pushing up daisies and they run it across Barrett Jackson in 2065 and get a cool $2M for it.cry.gif

Archived