TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New SVT at my local dealer with pics.

Here's a new one that came in at my dealer. I don't care for the electronics package crap. No stripes but I can't decide if I like the wheels or not.

http://www.fordcountrylv.com/inventory/new/2011-ford-mustang-shelby-gt-500-coupe_38138

Here's a new one that came in at my dealer. I don't care for the electronics package crap. No stripes but I can't decide if I like the wheels or not.

http://www.fordcountrylv.com/inventory/new/2011-ford-mustang-shelby-gt-500-coupe_38138

my local dealer has the same color combo - black stripe delete, svt pkg

not sure on the wheels on a black shelby myself

I really love those wheels. In my opinion ..Ford has done an outstanding job the last few years with wheels...from the SuperSnake Alcoa wheels..to last years GT500's to these SVTPackage ones. If I were rich..I think I would own a set of each to change out from time to time when the mood hits me. I don't necessarily like one more than the other...they are all different and like them all about the same.

Just back from my local dealer. Union City GA and they have a Red with white stripe coup. Did not take pics so sorry.

I do like the black outline on the stripe I just wish they would have done both sides of the white stripe and not just the outside edge, I do not like the skinny stripes.

I did like the wheels in some of the pics on the internet. Now seeing them in person I dont. They remind me of the old BBS or Enkei style wheels. First thing I though of was BMW.

post-25617-127446533853_thumb.jpgpost-25617-12744653542_thumb.jpg

The stripes on the shifter knob are gone..That sucks.

Love the Blue valve covers.

Hate the raw aluminium blower look.

Then I took note of the price. $55k!!!!!!!!! For a coupe!!! Way far off from the $45k I paid for mine. Only Diff is I dont have Nav.

Todd

post-25617-127446533853_thumb.jpg

post-25617-12744653542_thumb.jpg

^ you can still get a non SVT, non NAV for under $50k TODAY, but if one were to wait 7 months and they should be what you paid but include all the 2011 goodies.

OP the car is already sold. That sure went quick.

Edited by BigDan

BigDan

Only issue with the NON SVT is the little things.

i was under the impression that the NON SVT cars will be missing things like the Gurny flap, fat stripes, and other little odds and ends that we all have grown to like on the '10.

guess you could help me out on what is now an option that was standard on the '10.

Have not really dug into options, as I am not interested in the '11.

Todd

Wow. That baby did sell rather quickly. This early on I think many 2011's will. I'm going to wait a bit and see what kinds of issues arise with these 2011's before plunking down any change. I'm a total chicken when it comes to new things. I like to wait and see how everyone likes theirs before I get too interested. I'm wondering how many more my dealer will get and how they will fare with sales of the 5.0's.

You gotta like that red one! Nice wheels!

Can't say I like the blue with the red, and only just starting too like the red stripes on the black........it better grow on me soon, cuz' thats what I got com'n .... But thanks for the pic's ! First black vert svt I've seen.

That grabber blue one, despite not being SVT, looks nice. I'm torn between grabber blue with white and silver with red.

That GB w/ Red is a 2010.

And it looks like that dealer is ass deep in GT500's. lol

And seeing the wide and skinny stripes side by side. No second thought for me.....I like mine FAT :stirpot:

BigDan

Only issue with the NON SVT is the little things.

i was under the impression that the NON SVT cars will be missing things like the Gurny flap, fat stripes, and other little odds and ends that we all have grown to like on the '10.

guess you could help me out on what is now an option that was standard on the '10.

Have not really dug into options, as I am not interested in the '11.

Todd

Nothing that was standard on the 2010 is now optional on the 2011.

This is what make's the 2011 different

Improved exhaust

Improved heat exchanger

Electric power steering

AL block

Standard HID's

Painted rear end with really nice AL cover

FGT Blue Valve covers

Integrated blind spot mirrors

FGT SC finish

10 additional HP

No gas guzzler tax

Chassis and suspension improvments on convertiable's 30% stiffer

1 mpg better

120 pounds lighter

Improved brake cooling

Improved underbody aerodynamics

Improved sound detoning

Improved SYNC

My key( a special key that puts owner control limitations on the car)

$1,800 increase over 2010

Optional

3.73 gears

Lightweight 19" and 20" rims w/ bad ass tires

Improved shocks and struts

Improved sway bars

Lower springs

Adjustable rear spoiler

Unique Shifter ball

Unique Stripes (optional)

Unique Color combo's

Glass roof

If you're like most and like the look of the 2010's WAY better dont worry because the 2011's look 100% the exact same way, and differences you see are optional equipment ie you can still get your 2010 fat stripes, 2010 spoiler, and 2010 19" rims with goodyear superslows all on the new 2011 MY.

Edited by BigDan

That GB w/ Red is a 2010.

And it looks like that dealer is ass deep in GT500's. lol

And seeing the wide and skinny stripes side by side. No second thought for me.....I like mine FAT :stirpot:

Freedom Ford in Edmonton, they sell a fair amount of them... Yeah the GB is a 10'...

To go a little off track and ask some questions on BigDan's post.

Later half of 2010 had painted rear ends. We just didn't get the finned diff cover. In fact is that for all GT500s or just the SVT package?

Also, I really don't think these cars needed more sound deadening :/ Who are they building this cars for?

How is "SYNC" improved? New faster hardware? because code can just be upgraded.

I believe the exhaust change is the H pipe?

Also, what are the "aerodynamic" changes?

Just curious on these points.

To go a little off track and ask some questions on BigDan's post.

Later half of 2010 had painted rear ends. We just didn't get the finned diff cover. In fact is that for all GT500s or just the SVT package? Oh really, how many pic's of painted 2010 rears have you seen that wernt on show cars? I remember seeing a build date of late December with non painted rear in that thread.

Also, I really don't think these cars needed more sound deadening :/ Who are they building this cars for? Because it sux to hear road noise in you new $50,000 instead of it sounding like a Cobalt, according to SVT

How is "SYNC" improved? New faster hardware? because code can just be upgraded. More capeabilites, just google or youtube it.

I believe the exhaust change is the H pipe? Now theres new high flow manifolds, increase to 2.75" diameter pipe, H pipe, over all better louder sound, according to SVT

Also, what are the "aerodynamic" changes? Underbody aero package and improved brake cooling ducts.

Just curious on these points.

Here's a video of fords press release. skip to 13:00 minutes for SVT Chief Engineer Jamal Hameedi

Edited by BigDan

I believe the exhaust change is the H pipe?

No, larger diameter exhaust from the headpipe all the way back.

I *think* it was 1/4" larger.

Phill

Here's a video of fords press release. skip to 13:00 minutes for SVT Chief Engineer Jamal Hameedi

I remember hearing something about the "improved gurney flap" (on the SVT perf. package option) that gave 20% more downforce with something like only 5% increased drag.

Don't quote me on the numbers, that's just from memory.

Phill

No need to be on the offensive I was only opening a discussion on the differences. BTW my 2010 rear end is painted from the factory.

4608017579_c63f5c8aae.jpg

Thanks for the clarification on the exhaust.

I will probably just start a thread on the differences, for documentation's sake :P

No need to be on the offensive I was only opening a discussion on the differences. BTW my 2010 rear end is painted from the factory.

4608017579_c63f5c8aae.jpg

Thanks for the clarification on the exhaust.

I will probably just start a thread on the differences, for documentation's sake :P

I think I already covered the differences, but the jury is still out on the heated seats. Might be something about rear seat heat rests for the kid's.

The awesome you lucked out and got the painted rear. What was your build date and I wonder what % of 2010 have them painted.

No offense taken I just want to point out the changes. :)

Everything I listed was taken from a post I wrote a week ago titled "Difference between 2010 and 2011" at svtperformance.com. As you can tell I wrote everything vauge because I dont care enough to look up the actual size dimensions of the sway bars, coolers, downforce ect.

Edited by BigDan

I think I already covered the differences, but the jury is still out on the heated seats. Might be something about rear seat heat rests for the kid's.

The awesome you lucked out and got the painted rear. What was your build date and I wonder what % of 2010 have them painted.

No offense taken I just want to point out the changes. :)

My build date is 12/09 and build # 3345 of 3545, guessing the tail end of production saw the painted axles as they were gearing up for 2011?

I was just saying I keep seeing differences being noted in different random threads. When I get some time I figured it wouldn't hurt to make a thread that has the actual documented differences laid out with a title that could be searched easy :)

I just added integrated blind spot mirrors to the list.

Your idea sounds great! go for it and feel free to use any info in my posts.

Go to 2:18 in this video and that should give you a better understanding of the improved sound deadening.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TascaModShop#p/u/1/5lxxZn9eCaI

Here's what another member came up with at svt

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/679733-my-review-2011-gt500.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/695126-what-differences-between-11-gt500-10-gt500.html