TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MORE TROUBLING NEWS: 2011 GT500s and all V-8 Stangs

Well,..... more crappy news. I'm going to provide this information for the benefit of those of us with ordered 2011 GT500s as any information is better than nothing. I called Ford Customer Service just a few minutes ago and was told that my Shelby is to be transported by United Road Service and loaded today with an ETA of 05/28/2010 at my dealer. Was told last Monday, by the dealer, that it would arrive today. OK..... another week, what's new, right? Decided to call the trucking company to verify this info, and after going through several layers of administration, I spoke to a rep. who had my VIN and destination, so I know I'm in the right ball-park. Here's the kicker. She advised the car is still at AAI and there was a hold put on all V-8 Mustangs and GT500s as of 05/17/2010!! Of course she does not know why, but definitively said my car is part of that group and will not be loaded on a truck until the hold is lifted by AAI. I do not mean to stir everyone up again, but this is bordering on the insane. Released, then held, released..... Misinformation is flying around Ford like a flock of magpies!! Everyone you call gives a different answer. I'm at the point where if God gave me an ETA I'd say, "Are you sure ?" I apologize for being the bearer of this news, and maybe the URS rep. is wrong, but giving me the 5/17/2010 hold date scares me. Bottom line? Who knows. We're all in the holding pattern and as so many of you have said, "It'll get here when it gets here!"

They are on hold. Talked to the plant yesterday. Didnt get any GOOD info, just that they are on HOLD.

Ill send another emails and maybe that wont be so busy!

This happens almost ever year. Ford is NOT going to ship the car if its not RIGHT. Cost to much to have the dealers fix simple problems. Last year it was the airbag cover pealing.

MM

This happens almost ever year. Ford is NOT going to ship the car if its not RIGHT. Cost to much to have the dealers fix simple problems. Last year it was the airbag cover pealing.

MM

I disagree. Ford WILL ship a car if it's not RIGHT. I am proof positive of that.

Well Im sure a few cars make it out that arent perfect, but Ford NOT going to ship it anymore if theres a problem they know about

MM

They better frikin get it worked out by Monday when mine is supposed to be built.

I've got a Memorial Day weekend delivery arrangement to keep!

They better frikin get it worked out by Monday when mine is supposed to be built.

I've got a Memorial Day weekend delivery arrangement to keep!

Good luck with that....

I've had quite a few arrangements that I've had come and go already since delivery was due on April 12...

Not the least of which have been financing payments at the bank.

I don't get how dealers are getting stock and then our orders (which are guaranteed sells) are sitting in a lot collecting pixie dust.

I just hope that new cars on hold aren't being placed in front of our cars at the lot and potentially holding us up even further...

Good luck with that....

I've had quite a few arrangements that I've had come and go already since delivery was due on April 12...

I don't get how dealers are getting stock and then our orders (which are guaranteed sells) are sitting in a lot collecting pixie dust.

I just hope that new cars on hold aren't being placed in front of our cars at the lot and potentially holding us up even further...

You answered your own question. Your car is already sold to you...it's a done deal. Looking at it strictly with my business hat on I wouldn't really care when your car goes out because it's already sold. I'd rather prioritize getting out cars that are not sold. Good customer service? no of course not. More sales, yes. The chances of you or me walking away from the cars are fairly low.

This is the third time I've heard of this hold. My driving season will be over before the car gets here.

I'd rather prioritize getting out cars that are not sold.

So they can sit next to the unsold 2007, 2008, 2009KRs, and 2010s etc sitting at dealers across NA? I'd take my money when I can get it, personally.

In any case, it's not sold yet. Ford hasn't seen a penny other than the deposit at the dealer. I got a better rate financing at my bank so I took a loan from them which went into effect on April 12th, the day it was supposed to arrive. So I had to make the first payment, naturally, May 14th...before my car has arrived. On the day the car arrives, they get a nice fat check on the spot since the loan is just sitting in my account. I've still had to drop cash on a car not yet in my possession though. If they didn't bother giving an ETA in the first place I wouldn't have preemtively set up the loan. It's my first car and I made that mistake...live and learn. I just want my damn car :(

Unfortunately our driving season is short too. Which makes this even worse.

27. First car. Just got my license to practice (work..not drive). It's a big year spoiled by a Summer that's gonna start late :(.

Ford and AA didnt build retail first because they knew something like this might happen. Thats how our car got built early. Then the they got the OK to ship and started building Retail units. But unfortunely they went back on hold and some cars have been built but NOT shipped.

Ford does car if the car is retail or not!!

MM

Ford does car if the car is retail or not!!

If they don't care, why are cars ONLY appearing as stock so far? Nobody that I've read has recieved a retail yet and my car was built on April 5th before MANY of these stock / retail units.

I understand they want to put out good product, but how do they explain that some get released, some put on hold and have the order be entirely out of whack. It's like they're picking and choosing. It sucks, that's all.

If I were waiting on my personnel car I would be upset too!!

They are built and put in the lot or moved to another lot offsite. Then they are brought back to be shipped. From what I understand is AA is FIXING the problems on the weekends. So Im thinking that they are doing the cars that are at the plant or near by lot. Shipping them. Then bringing the OFFSITE cars back and doing them. Unless they really look AA doesnt know what cars are retail and what cars are stock. It is on the window sticker, but Im sure they are going car to car trying to find retails first. Would make the process 5 times as long. Just get in a car. Fix it. Release it and go to the next one. Seems like its just the luck of the draw!

Our GT500 was built on either the first or second day of production!! Im talking EARLY!!! It just shipped a few days ago. I see some on ebay that were built weeks and months after our car and they are already on the lot! The folks fixing them are not looking for retail or which dealer its going to! They are just Mustang that need to be fixed.

MM

Cool thanks Michael. I'm not trying to nag. I've been pretty quiet about this all until recently....only now that I've had to pay for this thing without having it on my driveway is what is annoying me.

It'll be here...just hopefully before the snow starts falling.... :(

On the bright side, I ordered the Supersnake Quarter window scoops and they're on their way :)

As a dealer (which I think you are), where can I order the stock mustang door scoops?

Everybody just take a deep breath and relax, it is just a car....NOT life or death....get your REAL priorities in order....It took me 1+years to get mine, from being on many early list since spring 2006, to getting it in Nov 2007. It is what it is...

jmo

Everybody just take a deep breath and relax, it is just a car....NOT life or death....get your REAL priorities in order....It took me 1+years to get mine, from being on many early list since spring 2006, to getting it in Nov 2007. It is what it is...

jmo

Oh I've been working through the list of priorities since February when I ordered.

1. Finish school. CHECK

2. Finish school with a pass. CHECK CHECK

3. Get my license to practice. CHECK

4. Pay bills etc. and not be in debt. CHECK (so far)

5. WAIT FOR MY DAMN CAR. Pending....

I really can't help it now...I've done everything I've needed to do...I just need the car to seal the deal :) Sorry you had to listen to the complaining :shift:

The same thing happened last year cars built early seemed to sit and wait for the fix to the problem. Some of us got lucky ours were built after all the QC issues and were shipped right away. Mine was built June11, released for shipping June 16 and at the dealer June 24 while early build cars sat in limbo. It sucks but the cars are well worth the wait. Trust me.

Good luck with that....

As I always say Hope is the Denial of reality.

My delivery date just got pushed back to June 5th so it appears this issue is holding up ALL the cars. I wonder what the issue is.

So much for a memorable Memorial Day weekend.

This thread brings back bad memories of my own experience. Car was awaiting transportation from Ford to SAI and they brought it back because of paint damage to the bumper and it had to be repainted. That added an extra month to my agony.

Hang in there...the torture will eventually end.

My dealer has told me all along since feb that mine was on material hold but a stock order was supposed to come in and still hasnt showed up. zone rep was out yesterday and said everything is on hold. he did not specify why but my dealer who i know well said they are having problems. i guess i'd rather wait till they get it right i'm also from michigan you would think i could get mine sooner than most people but they haven't even built mine yet. i really would hate to get it to late in the season and have to look at it parked in my garage. good luck all.

My dealer has told me all along since feb that mine was on material hold but a stock order was supposed to come in and still hasnt showed up. zone rep was out yesterday and said everything is on hold. he did not specify why but my dealer who i know well said they are having problems. i guess i'd rather wait till they get it right i'm also from michigan you would think i could get mine sooner than most people but they haven't even built mine yet. i really would hate to get it to late in the season and have to look at it parked in my garage. good luck all.

It appears your dealer doesn't have an allocation yet unfortunately.

From my experience mine didn't get his allocation until May (when he told me it was due to be build which was true) and thus my order sat on "material hold" until may when I would guess he allocation came in and the order was pulled.

First thing is YALL need to move SOUTH!! We dont have a DRIVING SEASON!!! We drive them YEAR ROUND!!!!

I believe you can order the side scoops from ANY dealer. Its the scoops they use on the CA edition cars.

My car got to SA in November of 08 and I didnt get it back until April of 09. This is after I ordered the car is August of 08!!! So I understand. The wait killed me!! It was well worth it.

Yes Im a dealer in GA!!

MM

My 07 was 18 months form the time I gave the dealer a deposit till I took delivery of the car. Then it was

8 months waiting for the call for the 40th package and one month later it was ready to pick up. It was

a long time, and yes I was going crazy waiting, but it was worth the wait 2 years and 3 months. Picked

up 4-18-08

td

Well,..... more crappy news. I'm going to provide this information for the benefit of those of us with ordered 2011 GT500s as any information is better than nothing. I called Ford Customer Service just a few minutes ago and was told that my Shelby is to be transported by United Road Service and loaded today with an ETA of 05/28/2010 at my dealer. Was told last Monday, by the dealer, that it would arrive today. OK..... another week, what's new, right? Decided to call the trucking company to verify this info, and after going through several layers of administration, I spoke to a rep. who had my VIN and destination, so I know I'm in the right ball-park. Here's the kicker. She advised the car is still at AAI and there was a hold put on all V-8 Mustangs and GT500s as of 05/17/2010!! Of course she does not know why, but definitively said my car is part of that group and will not be loaded on a truck until the hold is lifted by AAI. I do not mean to stir everyone up again, but this is bordering on the insane. Released, then held, released..... Misinformation is flying around Ford like a flock of magpies!! Everyone you call gives a different answer. I'm at the point where if God gave me an ETA I'd say, "Are you sure ?" I apologize for being the bearer of this news, and maybe the URS rep. is wrong, but giving me the 5/17/2010 hold date scares me. Bottom line? Who knows. We're all in the holding pattern and as so many of you have said, "It'll get here when it gets here!"

I'm not sure if she was right. My car left AAI on Sat. May 15th at 12:30PM went to RAMP 5P and on Thurs. was brought to the rail yard in New Boston, MI, and today (Fri) was loaded onto a rail car the rail car has an eta of Tues. May 23rd at 5AM at E. Brookfield, MA. I now have to track down who is going to be the trucking company to truck it to Haverhill, MA, and what their time table is. Otherwise I'm driving the hour to the E. Brookfield rail yard to get it myself.

I'm not sure if she was right. My car left AAI on Sat. May 15th at 12:30PM went to RAMP 5P and on Thurs. was brought to the rail yard in New Boston, MI, and today (Fri) was loaded onto a rail car the rail car has an eta of Tues. May 23rd at 5AM at E. Brookfield, MA. I now have to track down who is going to be the trucking company to truck it to Haverhill, MA, and what their time table is. Otherwise I'm driving the hour to the E. Brookfield rail yard to get it myself.

Not surprised. Your build date was like 'day one' right? 03/22? We're pulling for you man. That is a lonnnnng time to wait.

I was so excited when my car finally got into a similar status:

Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - Dt112 (United Road Service ) Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MI May-14-2010, 01:39 ET May-07-2010

I'm ~175 miles south of Flat Rock so I know they will truck it here. I'm thinking, "This is it - next 24 hours they'll put it on the carrier".

Then of course I got the now infamous offsite shuffle:

Awaiting Shipment Returned from Offsite - (Autoport Limited ) Autoalliance International Inc, MI May-17-2010, 15:40 ET May-07-2010

Awaiting Shipment Sent Offsite - Uag03 (Autoport Limited ) Autoalliance International Inc, MI May-15-2010, 00:21 ET May-07-2010

Now... Only silence........

We're all pulling for ya! :)

my recollection is that your dealer can get you authorized to pick up the car at the railyard.Althoug i also recall that mass doesnt allow dealer drive out tags, so think you have to get plates to drive the car--here in ga i just got drive out tags and took off

my recollection is that your dealer can get you authorized to pick up the car at the railyard.Althoug i also recall that mass doesnt allow dealer drive out tags, so think you have to get plates to drive the car--here in ga i just got drive out tags and took off

Thank you the good info. I will put all the paperwork together on Monday. Thanks again

Spoke with the trucking company responsible for transporting my GT500 to my dealer, yesterday. They indicated that the car was ready to be shipped, just waiting for it to be loaded on a truck. She also said she would up-grade its transport to a "Hot transport", which supposedly hurries the transport process along. Has anyone ever heard of this term? Do you know exactly what that entails?

Spoke with the trucking company responsible for transporting my GT500 to my dealer, yesterday. They indicated that the car was ready to be shipped, just waiting for it to be loaded on a truck. She also said she would up-grade its transport to a "Hot transport", which supposedly hurries the transport process along. Has anyone ever heard of this term? Do you know exactly what that entails?

I think that means that they will get in it and drive it to your dealer like it's a hot car. You know what some people say "drive it like you stole it" :hysterical:

Okay just kidding but it makes you think just for that split second. Hopefully it just means that they will quicken the priority of your car.

Archived