TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby Differential cover!

When I took the OEM cover off I measured the factory fluid and it was 50 oz. The manual calls for 4.26 pints ????? this is way short! or is it????? I installed the new Shelby Differential cover (Moser) and already have 3 quarts in the rearend and the fluid is no where near the fill hole on the cover. I know these new covers hold more but just how much??? (That Royal Purple is expensive) Anyone else put this cover on?, how much fluid did you put in?

I'm just curious on what everyone else is doing.

When I took the OEM cover off I measured the factory fluid and it was 50 oz. The manual calls for 4.26 pints ????? this is way short! or is it????? I installed the new Shelby Differential cover (Moser) and already have 3 quarts in the rearend and the fluid is no where near the fill hole on the cover. I know these new covers hold more but just how much??? (That Royal Purple is expensive) Anyone else put this cover on?, how much fluid did you put in?

I'm just curious on what everyone else is doing.

If it is like the FRP cover you remove the front fill plug located on the drivers side front of the rearend, fill until the fluid draind out. I was like you and kept filling it until I got to 5 bottles of royal purple and then went back and read the instructions. I ended up draining about 1 1/2 bottle back out. Hope this helps

If it is like the FRP cover you remove the front fill plug located on the drivers side front of the rearend, fill until the fluid draind out. I was like you and kept filling it until I got to 5 bottles of royal purple and then went back and read the instructions. I ended up draining about 1 1/2 bottle back out. Hope this helps

Bingo!!!!! ...................................That's the answer I was looking for, I didn't want to end up draining the x-tra oil out, boy, that must have been painfull for you at 17.00 a quart. So now I figure all I have to do is half a quart and I should be good to go!

Bingo!!!!! ...................................That's the answer I was looking for, I didn't want to end up draining the x-tra oil out, boy, that must have been painfull for you at 17.00 a quart. So now I figure all I have to do is half a quart and I should be good to go!

yes nothing like wasting $36 bucks on fluid that goes in the recycle tank. :banghead:

I guess that is why they call them instructions.

The instructions never stated how much to put in or the x-tra amount that will be needed. I looked on a few other sites and they all talked about it, that it needed more fluid but not how much. This way I know I'm close.

Archived