TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H baseball caps

MustangTom

In the past couple months I've seen some 'Shelby GT-H' caps on ebay. I think one sold for over $70, and the last one sold for nearly $100. I was wondering if these caps were 'official' merchandise, or if someone just made a run of them on their own.

If they were official, does anybody know the story of how many were made and how they were obtained? They have 2006 on the back, so my guess is they were made when the coupes came out.

In the past couple months I've seen some 'Shelby GT-H' caps on ebay. I think one sold for over $70, and the last one sold for nearly $100. I was wondering if these caps were 'official' merchandise, or if someone just made a run of them on their own.

If they were official, does anybody know the story of how many were made and how they were obtained? They have 2006 on the back, so my guess is they were made when the coupes came out.

These were done in 2006 by Hertz for their employees in the excitment of the program when it came out. I'm not sure of the total number that they produced. I have two. One got messed up and really dirty during Terlingua 2008 when I was helping in the big crash. I then kept watching for a better deal on the second. I think I found the second one for $30 on e-bay at one time. That one stays put away with my other stuff.

These were done in 2006 by Hertz for their employees in the excitment of the program when it came out. I'm not sure of the total number that they produced. I have two. One got messed up and really dirty during Terlingua 2008 when I was helping in the big crash. I then kept watching for a better deal on the second. I think I found the second one for $30 on e-bay at one time. That one stays put away with my other stuff.

I got mine from Hertz as well.

Jeff, how did you and Larry T get your GTH hats? Hertz only sells promotional items in the Corporate Office employee store (Park Ridge NJ). Did you get them as a promo item from a Hertz rental location? There were some really interesting promos going on including some locations that gave away die-cast Ford Fusions, Mustang GTs, T-Birds, 1969 Mustang, 1940 Ford woodys, Jaguars etc. Generally any Hertz Region could order these items (maybe the GTH hats also) and give them to who ever they wanted. The 24x36 GTH posters you see on Ebay are also some of the items each location could've ordered. In the Hertz Florida Region where I worked, only the Corporate Sales people ordered the die cast cars, but I never saw the hats, darn it !! Yes, I did get all of the die-casts and the posters. regards, Larry

Jeff, how did you and Larry T get your GTH hats? Hertz only sells promotional items in the Corporate Office employee store (Park Ridge NJ). Did you get them as a promo item from a Hertz rental location? There were some really interesting promos going on including some locations that gave away die-cast Ford Fusions, Mustang GTs, T-Birds, 1969 Mustang, 1940 Ford woodys, Jaguars etc. Generally any Hertz Region could order these items (maybe the GTH hats also) and give them to who ever they wanted. The 24x36 GTH posters you see on Ebay are also some of the items each location could've ordered. In the Hertz Florida Region where I worked, only the Corporate Sales people ordered the die cast cars, but I never saw the hats, darn it !! Yes, I did get all of the die-casts and the posters. regards, Larry

Both mine came from e-bay. One guy had quite a few, all brand new. I bought quite a few other Hertz items from him. I'm guessing that he must be a Hertz employee or manages to get much of the remaining items from the Hertz store when they are done with them? I don't know.

Both mine came from e-bay. One guy had quite a few, all brand new. I bought quite a few other Hertz items from him. I'm guessing that he must be a Hertz employee or manages to get much of the remaining items from the Hertz store when they are done with them? I don't know.

I was fortunate to have a friend who is a VP and managed to get me a hat, Hertz boxed diecast, Hertz world Magazine. But I am still in search of the elusive posters, I am lead to beleive that there were two differnt sizes and versions of the poster, One being (37x37) untagged and the (24x36) version with the 1966 and 2006 side by side. Don't even get me started on the t-shirts only seen them in pictures and never even had a sniff.

I will call him and see if he can help me out with any remaining stock that may be around but I cant make any promises.

Unless my memory is really shorting out these hats were produced by Shelby Auto's. Besides being given out for promotional purposes they were for sale thru the SAI Museum Gift Shop. And no the gift shop does not have anymore.

Has anyone performed a search on Team Shelby for previous GTH hat threads?

Steve

Has anyone performed a search on Team Shelby for previous GTH hat threads?

Steve

Don't get me started....

On most forums you can search multiple words, I can't figure out how to do it on this site. Searches seem to come back with hundreds of hits with each word you search.

I've tried combinations like:

gt-h cap

gt-h + cap

gt-h and cap

"gt-h cap"

I can't figure out how to get the search function to work worth a darn. Making sure 'sort by relevance' is selected helps, but it's still a far cry from being very usefull.

Don't get me started....

On most forums you can search multiple words, I can't figure out how to do it on this site. Searches seem to come back with hundreds of hits with each word you search.

I've tried combinations like:

gt-h cap

gt-h + cap

gt-h and cap

"gt-h cap"

I can't figure out how to get the search function to work worth a darn. Making sure 'sort by relevance' is selected helps, but it's still a far cry from being very usefull.

The dreaded search feature. I'd forgotten about how it doesn't like anything less than 4 letters long.

Steve

Found it!!!!

Before reaching for your phone please see that the thread is from 2008 and the gift shop does NOT have anymore GT-H caps.

Just trying to show that the hats are not ubber-rare and were available to the general public.

Steve

GT-H Cap Link

Edited by shelbymotorsports

If anyone locates a extra hat or poster I would be interested. Tried at our local Hertz dealers. No luck

Both of the 24" x 36" 2006 GTH posters are currently on Ebay from the same seller. Item # 160408429435 or do an Ebay search "Shelby Ford Mustang Poster". Both of the posters will come up doing that search. Seller wants $79 each, high but they've sold for less and more during the past months. Couldn't find any GTH hats on Ebay and still couldn't locate any Hertz employees that remembers these hats as coming from Hertz.

Found it!!!!

Before reaching for your phone please see that the thread is from 2008 and the gift shop does NOT have anymore GT-H caps.

Just trying to show that the hats are not ubber-rare and were available to the general public.

Steve

GT-H Cap Link

Steve, you may want to "arm twist" Robert and Sharon into making a run of these hats. Seems to be a demand plus the ones that have appeared on Ebay are bringing $50-nearly $100. I believe Robert had indicated SAI could use "GTH" just not the Hertz logo (on the forum regarding GTH jackets). I'll buy two!!! Larry

Steve, you may want to "arm twist" Robert and Sharon into making a run of these hats. Seems to be a demand plus the ones that have appeared on Ebay are bringing $50-nearly $100. I believe Robert had indicated SAI could use "GTH" just not the Hertz logo (on the forum regarding GTH jackets). I'll buy two!!! Larry

Thanks, I'll check the posters. Yes, consider the hats again along with a jacket. A 40th anniversary jacket for the GTH would be cool.

Yes I will talk to Rob & Sharon about the caps. I would think we could get something made but it most likely wouldn't be a duplicate of the previous caps. Since Robert did mention that jackets might be possible, I'll suggest that we not only do some jackets and caps but some t-shirts too.

Keep in mind that if we do get a green light for this it will still take some time to get designs approved and put into production.

Everyone cross their fingers.

Steve

Yes I will talk to Rob & Sharon about the caps. I would think we could get something made but it most likely wouldn't be a duplicate of the previous caps. Since Robert did mention that jackets might be possible, I'll suggest that we not only do some jackets and caps but some t-shirts too.

Keep in mind that if we do get a green light for this it will still take some time to get designs approved and put into production.

Steve

A jacket would be awsome! Since Hertz won't allow use of their logo for new merchandise, I've already bought a Hertz patch off ebay that I could get sewn on!

Steve

You tha man :salute:

Steve

Fingers crossed and waiting, Thanks Steven for taking this forward for us.