TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need a Paxton for your 2007-2008 SGT?

For those of you who have been looking for a Paxton installed by Shelby American, Inc. we have some good news!

Though the Shelby Motorsports Speed Shop, located on our grounds in Las Vegas, we are now able to install the Shelby Branded Super Chargers. Along with the Super Chargers, we can perform all of the modifications we could not normally complete as a Manufacture.

The Speed Shop allows you to completely develop your "one off" Shelby Modified vehicle. Dyno Tuning, Dyno Runs, engine building, roll cages, whatever you need we are a fully equipped shop.

For further information and pricing, please contact Gil Navarez at 702-942-7325 ext. 138

Roger

I think its the differentiation between a speed shop and an manufacturer. As a speed shop they can install speed parts that are not 50 state legal.

My question is, will this qualify any SGT that has the Paxton installed by the speed shop for the registry as a GT/SC?

I think its the differentiation between a speed shop and an manufacturer. As a speed shop they can install speed parts that are not 50 state legal.

My question is, will this qualify any SGT that has the Paxton installed by the speed shop for the registry as a GT/SC?

That's an excellent Q because it seems to differentiate the very essence of manufactuer vs aftermarket.

It seemingly can't be both ways -- can't be an officially unofficial build ...or an unoffficially official either (lol).

If the registry were 100% a private venture they could put what they want in it. If Shebly has influence or ownership in it, it would seem either these can't be included or, if a new aftermarket category is added, then other similar aftermarket builds would also seem to necessarily be registerable. Dunno, just one view.

I think it could/should qualify, I don't think Quantum or Tasca are mfg's, but they were authorized to do the gt/sc upgrades. I think it was a problem of not having a separate legal entity doing the mods at vegas that kept them from going to far....

I'd like to see pricing ASAP on the lowest level package to get the gt/sc conversion with an intercooled paxton. NO brakes or other crap, just the blower and the designation :D

I think it could/should qualify, I don't think Quantum or Tasca are mfg's, but they were authorized to do the gt/sc upgrades. I think it was a problem of not having a separate legal entity doing the mods at vegas that kept them from going to far....

I'd like to see pricing ASAP on the lowest level package to get the gt/sc conversion with an intercooled paxton. NO brakes or other crap, just the blower and the designation biggrin.gif

Good point.

Did Tasca and Quantum do the GT/SCs as Shelby mod shops or as their own thing? If as a Shelby mod shop and the GT/SCs were therefore offficial Shelby builds (and 50 state legal?), then they were acting under contract as a Shelby agent. If on their own, then I agree it's rather analygous to the proposed Paxton mod, but I don't know which the GT/SCs (legally) were. I thought they were official manufacturer builds.

Information directly from Roger:

The Paxton's are not 50 state legal.

Mod shop installed Paxton's will NOT get a COA, but they will get their own unique plaque issued from the mod shop.

The car will get a SGT/SC rocker panel decal and will also be listed in the registry as a Shelby mod shop installed SC.

You can install a 1200 or a 2200 Paxton, but the 1200's are only ones that will come with the Shelby/Paxton blower plaque mounted on them.

Pricing information can be obtained by contacting the Mod Shop at 702-942-1719 or by calling the main switchboard number at 702-942-7325 and then asking for Ext.138.

My 2 cents:

The Shelby Mod shop is a seperate entity from SA therefore they are not encumbered with the same federal and CARB regulations that SA itself is, so essentally the sky is the limit on what mods they can do on your Shelby (or any other brand of car for that matter). That's also why they can legally do whatever engine mods you want on your NA or SC GT350 too (after you sign the delivery papers).

Seperate company, seperate invoice, keeps SA safe.

I think it's time for me to take my SGT to Vegas for a new PAXTON blower...and while it's there...I'll take the new FRPP intake, new cylinder heads, new cams, new throttle body, new SHELBY VALVE COVERS with CSM#, give me the works....YAHOO!!!

Information directly from Roger:

The Paxton's are not 50 state legal.

Mod shop installed Paxton's will NOT get a COA, but they will get their own unique plaque issued from the mod shop.

The car will get a SGT/SC rocker panel decal and will also be listed in the registry as a Shelby mod shop installed SC.

You can install a 1200 or a 2200 Paxton, but the 1200's are only ones that will come with the Shelby/Paxton blower plaque mounted on them.

Pricing information can be obtained by contacting the Mod Shop at 702-942-1719 or by calling the main switchboard number at 702-942-7325 and then asking for Ext.138.

My 2 cents:

The Shelby Mod shop is a seperate entity from SA therefore they are not encumbered with the same federal and CARB regulations that SA itself is, so essentally the sky is the limit on what mods they can do on your Shelby (or any other brand of car for that matter). That's also why they can legally do whatever engine mods you want on your NA or SC GT350 too (after you sign the delivery papers).

Seperate company, seperate invoice, keeps SA safe.

Yup, ...because, as a post-retail aftermarket mod, the *owner* is then 100% responsibile for meeting all applicable laws If a mod doesn't meet a state's cert, owner is responsible; same as using an off-road X on the street -lol.

Not to be confused with our current Mod Shop we refer to our facility as the Shelby American Motorsports Speed Shop. E is correct on his assessment. Thanks for posting E.

Hope this helps.

I think it's time for me to take my SGT to Vegas for a new PAXTON blower...and while it's there...I'll take the new FRPP intake, new cylinder heads, new cams, new throttle body, new SHELBY VALVE COVERS with CSM#, give me the works....YAHOO!!!

if going to do all that and get the best use of the new FR intake you better consider some forged internals :lurk:

Never was on the 2200. Will only be on the 1200.

Roger

another question on this then, you don't have them listed yet in the store, but summit/jegs/other stores carry the same part number as champion mustang lists for a shelby branded 1200, is that part number ALWAYS a shelby branded paxton? I beleive it's the non-intercooled version that has a more commonly found part number, but I'd have to look again to be sure.

Well.....you answered my question, kind of

I.E.: If the "mod shop" installs the Paxton and it does not meet your states emission protocol, we are in a little trouble? Is that how it works or can the "mod shop" tell you which states it will pass with?

if going to do all that and get the best use of the new FR intake you better consider some forged internals :lurk:

Agreed 1000%

another question on this then, you don't have them listed yet in the store, but summit/jegs/other stores carry the same part number as champion mustang lists for a shelby branded 1200, is that part number ALWAYS a shelby branded paxton? I beleive it's the non-intercooled version that has a more commonly found part number, but I'd have to look again to be sure.

Neither Summit nor Jegs carries the Shelby tagged 1200, so I assume the part # SA is using is the same as a typical 1200.

There is only one other vendor that I've ever found that carries the Shelby tagged 1200's (or so they say) and that's Champion Mustang.

http://www.championmustang.com/modern/0708-mustangshelby-paxton®-supercharger-system-w-intercooler-satin-46l-p-940.html

So if I had one installed at Tasca it's not "official" or 50 state legal? headscratch.gif

It's not 50 state legal, no matter who does the install, SA's 'speed shop' included. That risk is on the customer, not the installer.

Well.....you answered my question, kind of

I.E.: If the "mod shop" installs the Paxton and it does not meet your states emission protocol, we are in a little trouble? Is that how it works or can the "mod shop" tell you which states it will pass with?

The 'mod shop' is what does the official SA upfit installs (SS, Terlingua, SGT/SC, etc). Roger is saying that the new 'speed shop' can install a Paxton, because they don't have to follow the same guidelines that SA's 'mod shop' does.

If you pay SA's 'speed shop' to install a Paxton on your SGT, it's your responsibility to make sure it's smog legal in your state.

As far as I know, Washington and Oregon adopted the same standards as California a few years back, but I could be mistaken.

I had my s/c installed at Quantum . I had planned on having my car done at Vegas until they told me i would have to have my headers taken off the car and returned to stock before they would install the s/c. I contacted Quantum and was told i could leave them on. Vegas was going to charge me 500.00 to return to stock. You get the same heritage on your car whether you install at Vegas or Shelby certified mod shop. I decided to save on transportation and on my headers by going to Quantum. Quantum has a Shelby mod shop for Shelby's only and another shop next to it for mods on any other car . Other words, Shelby rules or no rules, you pick the shop. Vegas has to do everything as an manufacture and 50 state legal where as Quantum and Tasca have more leeway as mod shops, My car was due an state inspection when i picked it up and passed with flying colors in Houston , which is very strict but i went with the Ford racing stock tune that comes with the whipple 550 h.p.

I had my s/c installed at Quantum . I had planned on having my car done at Vegas until they told me i would have to have my headers taken off the car and returned to stock before they would install the s/c. I contacted Quantum and was told i could leave them on. Vegas was going to charge me 500.00 to return to stock. You get the same heritage on your car whether you install at Vegas or Shelby certified mod shop. I decided to save on transportation and on my headers by going to Quantum. Quantum has a Shelby mod shop for Shelby's only and another shop next to it for mods on any other car . Other words, Shelby rules or no rules, you pick the shop. Vegas has to do everything as an manufacture and 50 state legal where as Quantum and Tasca have more leeway as mod shops, My car was due an state inspection when i picked it up and passed with flying colors in Houston , which is very strict but i went with the Ford racing stock tune that comes with the whipple 550 h.p.

Until now..

Yeah...I was thinking I'd be pushing the stock 4.6 a bit much with all this stuff...Heck, while the car is torn apart, the "Speed Shop" can fortify the internals for me... :spend: KA-CHING!!!

Agreed, forged internals would be needed to maximize any combination but would not be required when combining the FR intake and heads with forced induction. Correct?

Wouldn't the FR intake and heads help to decrease cylinder pressure and stress on the powdered rods and pistons allowing for better performance with a more conservative tune?

Could they do a forged internal upgrade and dyno tune and I still have an "official" SGT/SC? That is very important to me...!

I don't need a Paxton, but I like the idea of my SAI pedigree, with the beefed -up internals.

edit***

Looking at Roger's 1st post, it looks like the answer to this is, yes!

Agreed, forged internals would be needed to maximize any combination but would not be required when combining the FR intake and heads with forced induction. Correct?

Wouldn't the FR intake and heads help to decrease cylinder pressure and stress on the powdered rods and pistons allowing for better performance with a more conservative tune?

both the intake and heads will allow more air in and exhaust out but at higher rpm's. the FR intake is best used with FI applications since you can increase your rpm's to 7000. not something I would do on a stock lower end.

Could they do a forged internal upgrade and dyno tune and I still have an "official" SGT/SC? That is very important to me...!

I don't need a Paxton, but I like the idea of my SAI pedigree, with the beefed -up internals.

edit***

Looking at Roger's 1st post, it looks like the answer to this is, yes!

Please contact Roger directly on this. I think you may be confusing a mod shop GT/SC conversion package that we've been doing for a few years now with a speed shop installed supercharger. They kind of sound the same, share some badging but are not the same thing, at least documentation wise.

We almost need a comparison chart on this ;)

Steve

Please contact Roger directly on this. I think you may be confusing a mod shop GT/SC conversion package that we've been doing for a few years now with a speed shop installed supercharger. They kind of sound the same, share some badging but are not the same thing, at least documentation wise.

We almost need a comparison chart on this ;)

Steve

Yes.

As you may know, I've had the 550 Whipple Vegas installed and registered as SGT/SC. I guess the question is, if the speed shop worked my internals, what would the status of my pedigree as a "genuine" SGT/SC be?

If a "Non-Shelby" speed shop pulls the SC off my motor, tears it apart and reworks (Maybe strokes to 302), then reinstalls the Whipple, would that still officially be a SGT/SC?

:headscratch:

Dan

Archived