TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FINALLY!! 2011 Shelby is enroute!

I can't believe it. After being held at Flat Rock Michigan's AAI plant for almost four weeks, my dealer called and advised my car was released and TOT United Road Service for shipment. I should have it in my hands in about ten days or less!! Almost am too gun shy to get excited!! Not sure if its coming by rail car or by transporter truck; theres some confusion there, but by God, its coming!! Performance white with grabber stripes and no SVTPP. Can't wait to get that final call, " Come on over, Its here". Will keep everyone posted and try to up-load some photos.

I can't believe it. After being held at Flat Rock Michigan's AAI plant for almost four weeks, my dealer called and advised my car was released and TOT United Road Service for shipment. I should have it in my hands in about ten days or less!! Almost am too gun shy to get excited!! Not sure if its coming by rail car or by transporter truck; theres some confusion there, but by God, its coming!! Performance white with grabber stripes and no SVTPP. Can't wait to get that final call, " Come on over, Its here". Will keep everyone posted and try to up-load some photos.

That's great news. Hope it happens!

Are you going to go through a "check list" of items before you take delivery?

I think there was a thread that dealt with those issues for the 2010 models, but I cannot locate it.

-Pockdog

Nice!

Good to see they are finally moving.

Now to hope my 13 days until I get delivery of mine turns out to be the case. Just in time for Memorial Day! All I have to say is all of this rain better be out of Ohio's system before then.

That's great news. Hope it happens!

Are you going to go through a "check list" of items before you take delivery?

I think there was a thread that dealt with those issues for the 2010 models, but I cannot locate it.

-Pockdog

it was by ChrisSD think this is the link http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/48406-just-ordered-a-2010-shelby/page__p__806609__hl__check%20list__fromsearch__1entry806609

these are great cars,id check it out, but be careful about turning the car down,, they might sell it to someone who doest care about some of the items.If its major, then dont take the car.When you drive it.make sure the supercharger has been set,or you set it, so you can be asured its runing correctly--good luck bob

I was at a car show this weekend at a local (Atlanta) Ford dealer. They had a 2011 GT500 coupe on the showroom floor. Its red with white stripes. They added on for various road hazard protection plus a "market adjustment" of $5000. This brought the full price to just over $61,000! Nice car though. They also have a red 2011 GT with the new 5.0 liter engine, sticker price $35,000. I love my 2010 GT500, but I have to admit that if these two cars were my only choices, I'd take the GT for $25,000 less.

Couldn't agree more. I'd be more than thrilled with a GT.

For 25K less yes. But a Premium GT is is less than 16K less.

For a much better Engine with a Supercharger, Better suspension, Better Brakes, Better Wheels, Tires, Gearing, Interior, Security packages not to mention looks and resale value, I'll take the Shelby.

For 25K less yes. But a Premium GT is is less than 16K less.

For a much better Engine with a Supercharger, Better suspension, Better Brakes, Better Wheels, Tires, Gearing, Interior, Security packages not to mention looks and resale value, I'll take the Shelby.

I couldn't agree more. I absolutely 100% would take the Shelby. A GT is a run-of-the-mill car and is nothing special. Our GT500s on the other hand, are EXTREMELY special.

What was your build date? Im April 13th and nothing...

What was your build date? Im April 13th and nothing...

My car was produced on 04/14/2010. I did just read another thread indicating that the cars that were on a quality control hold (I believe ours were in that group) are being released on the weekends. Maybe the techs are going from car to car completing the correction or whatever the hell they're doing. Mine was released on last Sunday, so that kind of fits, and SUPPOSEDLY is being transported by truck to my dealer. Its ETA is this Friday, but we all know about the accuracy of Ford's ETAs. I'm just happy that the computer is showing some movement. I'm going to call again tomorrow to make sure nothing negative has happened concerning its progress. Hopefully they'll get to your car this weekend and you'll get some good news next Monday. Hang in there! Its a PITA, isn't it!

Mine was built on April 26th and shows today that it moved from Ramp 51 to "Origin Received Ramp 5-P" and it updated the delivery date as well. I think origin received means that its on a rail car headed out here. There was a Sync module issue as well as 1 car had a specific problem that held up the whole line to make sure that the rest of them didnt have it. Things should be moving must faster very soon!

Archived