TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Will borla cat back system fit gt500??

shelbyGT500

I orderd a BORLA cat back system for a gt mustang (only one available) and then somebody told me only the mufflers will fit.Has anybody got any information for me.Should I cancel my order??

I put this Borla system on my car the day I got it. It sounds great and looks great. This is what they recommended. You can do this setup or just the mufflers.

http://borla.com/applications/lookup.aspx/...ressive/140135/

Gt500 ..........don't worry be happy they fit perfectly......... look awesome .......sound great!!! I have them on mine couldn't be happier!!!! You will totally happy with them!!!! Below is the link for you enjoy!!!

http://www.borla.com/applications/lookup.a...ressive/140135/

PM me if you have any other questions will be happy to answer them.......

TKTKTK,

Thank you so much for your direct strait foward answer. I feel alot better now.Do you think the car is any louder than if you were to do just the mufflers?? Doesnt matter, I wanted to do the complete kit for the exact same reason you specified in your PM.Thank you so much !!!Just curious about the sound and loudness. Its just so damn quiet stock.

P.S. I just put all the $$ numbers together for all the mods im doing and that includes all of the same wheels, tires ,suspension,exhaust, appearance as the shelby 40th. It is less than $6000 TOTAL. That also includes fixing the wheelhop AND boosting the power 135 HP By evolution.

The only things that are not included are the carbon fiber pieces and the cooling ducts and badging. EVERYTHING else is the same AND I saved $5000 and about $3000 in shipping. Im very happy, My car will be faster and more stable at LESS than HALF the $$!!!! Little bit of shopping around goes along way. Im not giving Shelby Inc $5000 to have my car in a book.

GT500 I am going to do some of the Mods to my car for the Shelby 4oth Anniversary but not all its interesting to see that you added it up and found it to be about 50% less.................

So far I have added the Borla exhaust.........the Hood prop kit............some of the engine bay dress up caps from MGW the trunk organizer on the inside of the trunk lid looks nicer than the way it is finished from the factory.............the tail light bezels from Shelby Autos look really good........also I got the door sill inserts from Shelby Autos they look great and accent the SVT panel on the door sill make it look complete now....just ordered Side window louvers painted to match (black) and have sequential tail lights...............

Also I want to do a Cold air kit and a tune with pulley ..........thought about doing the Steeda kit but adding their pulley will void the factory warranty so I am going to wait for Rousch to release their kit which according to them will not void factory warranty.......... we have talked with them and their kit is still pending Ford approval so I am going to wait for it at this point..................

You may want to downlad the 2007 Ford Racing Performance Parts catalog and check it out lots of cool stuff coming for the GT500 in it..............

I orderd a BORLA cat back system for a gt mustang (only one available) and then somebody told me only the mufflers will fit.Has anybody got any information for me.Should I cancel my order??

The Stainless Works Off-Road Pipes and Off-Road X-pipes fit nicely also and I bet you could even run the stock GT500 muffs on this system and the thing would be louder than a stock Mustang GT setup.

Archived