TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is a stock GT 500 worthy of the Shelby Registry

jaaman

I emailed Shelby Autos of Las Vegas to inquire about getting my GT 500 entered in the Shelby Registry. This was there exact response.

We are offering the 40th Anniversary package for GT 500 owners. The cars that receive the package will be entered into the shelby Registry.

AM I missing something here? :redcard::finger::censored::sos: ($12.000)

I emailed Shelby Autos of Las Vegas to inquire about getting my GT 500 entered in the Shelby Registry. This was there exact response.

We are offering the 40th Anniversary package for GT 500 owners. The cars that receive the package will be entered into the shelby Registry.

I was on the list to get the 40th Pkg. but have opted out now. Those cars get a number 1 thru 1000 for the 40th Special Edition (SE) treatment. They will be registered as such. Not a big deal to me.

I do not know about any other registry, the others here might.

Its my understanding all GT 500s are going into the Shelby American Registry the SAAC has a link on their website you can send your info into. The SAAC maintains the Shelby Registry Shelby American does not.

http://www.saac.com/worldRegistry/2007_shelby.html

I read the official stance a good while ago now since its a joint collaboration between Ford and Shelby on the GT500 its in the Shelby registry. The 40th anniversary cars get a plague that denotes their number in the run of 1000 units thus I'm guessing its a separate list that will be added to the Registry or the car vin gets a asterisk or denotation of some type that it was a car that received the 40th anniversary package from Shelby American. Thats why you can't just buy a numbered plague for the dash of your car but thats just a guess Amy B. can give the official lowdown on the package and how its going into the Shelby registry.

Explain this 'registry' for someone that has just landed on our planet?

On the SAAC home page there is a lengthy article on how the club was formed and what it has now become (good reading). In addition to a wealth of information and technical (and emotional) support; the club keeps the registry as a means to guard against "cloning" and other fraud, including sales of stolen Shelby's. Each car has a catalog of its life history (if provided by subsequent owners). If you are buying a car, you can provide SAAC with the VIN and a list of facts claimed by the seller. SAAC will then verify or deny those facts for you based on the registry entries. This protects not only your individual investment but also the value of all Shelby's.

As kb67 stated, this is an owners' (& enthusiasts') club not directly related to Shelby Automobiles, Inc. And several members here have already joined the club & registered their vehicles.

Archived