TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Shelby GT

rush_junky

I wonder if motorjock205.

Nope, it isn't me! I have more common sense...Even though I have added a number of GT500 parts to my car, I still don't try to pass it off as one...

Here is the guys reply to my email...

It is indeed a Shelby GT500, and the engine was not swapped out, it was simply a typo on my part. I apologize. The new battery is because I live on Oltorf and some idiot stole my battery and slightly damaged the vehicle. This is why it's terrible to have a nice car in a terrible neighborhood. Hence I am selling it and buying a crappy Honda Civic instead. Let me know if you're still interested.

As close as I can tell, if he lives on Oltorf, he is in North Austin, TX

Carl

Nope, it isn't me! I have more common sense...Even though I have added a number of GT500 parts to my car, I still don't try to pass it off as one...

It is indeed a Shelby GT500, and the engine was not swapped out, it was simply a typo on my part. I apologize. The new battery is because I live on Oltorf and some idiot stole my battery and slightly damaged the vehicle. This is why it's terrible to have a nice car in a terrible neighborhood. Hence I am selling it and buying a crappy Honda Civic instead. Let me know if you're still interested.

Carl

Oltorf is in south Austin and it is in a crappy part of town. 0-60 in 5.5 sec is also a typo?

I wonder if motorjock205.

^^ Sorry Motorjock205 that post wasn't directed at you. For some reason I didn't finish the sentence. :hysterical:

I was going to say "I wonder if motorjock205 got any pictures back" but the post never got there, lol.

Just wanted to clarify that I wasn't aiming anything at you is all.

Carl

Carl, did he send any pics? they ones he sent me were a smashed GT500.

"Of course you may see a picture! It's attached.

Now although the car looks like it was in a minor accident, it still drives very well. The bumper is damaged so that's why the price is so good! Let me know when you're interested in test driving the car."

Mike

Carl, did he send any pics? they ones he sent me were a smashed GT500.

"Of course you may see a picture! It's attached.

Now although the car looks like it was in a minor accident, it still drives very well. The bumper is damaged so that's why the price is so good! Let me know when you're interested in test driving the car."

Mike

Nope, he didn't send me any pictures...just said he made a type on the engine size and that the battery had been stolen because he lived in a crappy area...sounds pretty flaky to me!

Carl

^^ Sorry Motorjock205 that post wasn't directed at you. For some reason I didn't finish the sentence. :hysterical:

I was going to say "I wonder if motorjock205 got any pictures back" but the post never got there, lol.

Just wanted to clarify that I wasn't aiming anything at you is all.

No Problem :victory:

Nope, he didn't send me any pictures...just said he made a type on the engine size and that the battery had been stolen because he lived in a crappy area...sounds pretty flaky to me!

Carl

Ok guys, here is the email he sent back to me. Wait until you see the "minor" damage, I can't wait to test drive it!!! :hysterical::shift:

"It only has 143 miles on it because it's a new car. The Duralast battery was put in because I live on Oltorf and some idiot stole my battery the day I bought it. The engine was swapped from a Triton truck and the transmission was replaced by my friend Alberto who really knows cars and he smuggled the transmission in from Mexico illegally, but don't tell anyone. It's definitely quite luxurious and someone else is already buying the vehicle for $34,000. However if you're willing to offer $35,000 I can tell him that the car is no longer for sale and you can have it. Let me know.

Mike"

post-9569-127406118223_thumb.jpg

post-9569-127406118223_thumb.jpg

Tell him you will buy at $40K but need help with money for repairs. Claim that you have secured a loan for $45K so that $5k can be used for repairs but the bank will only write one check in the name of the seller. Tell him to deposit the check and the send you $5k and that he can keep the rest.

Just make sure the check you send him is phony! :hysterical:

Ok guys, here is the email he sent back to me. Wait until you see the "minor" damage, I can't wait to test drive it!!! :hysterical::shift:

"It only has 143 miles on it because it's a new car. The Duralast battery was put in because I live on Oltorf and some idiot stole my battery the day I bought it. The engine was swapped from a Triton truck and the transmission was replaced by my friend Alberto who really knows cars and he smuggled the transmission in from Mexico illegally, but don't tell anyone. It's definitely quite luxurious and someone else is already buying the vehicle for $34,000. However if you're willing to offer $35,000 I can tell him that the car is no longer for sale and you can have it. Let me know.

Mike"

same email I got, :hysterical:

Mike"

WOW!!!!!

he has the year of the car all wrong also;)

Laurence

Mike"

Wow!

I think you should notify the local authorities...

Archived